• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Daily Fix ~ Coming to you weekdays at noon Eastern!

Yep. It's right there on the top right of the home page. Someone else mentioned that if you have an ad blocker installed, you might not see it.
ahhh, that's why i'm not seeing it. thanks! Now the ad blocker's being told not to run on that page :)

I like it. Quick and consolidated news. It's a minor point but I also appreciate the date for booking restaurant reservations.

Agree with others the audio feed needs to be converted. I for one can not stream video at work. Employer has it blocked and would not want to use data from my phone. Unfortunately will not be able to enjoy my daily fix. Your numbers on hits maybe impacted on this due to the limited ability. I did enjoy the first episode. Can never go wrong seeing more of Jeni Lynn.

Agree with others the audio feed needs to be converted. I for one can not stream video at work. Employer has it blocked and would not want to use data from my phone. Unfortunately will not be able to enjoy my daily fix. Your numbers on hits maybe impacted on this due to the limited ability. I did enjoy the first episode. Can never go wrong seeing more of Jeni Lynn.
Why not just watch the video at home later, and still enjoy? That''s what I do with the video podcasts (for same reasons you mentioned), and what I'm doing with the Daily Fix - rarely watch/listen to either live. Matter of fact, I prefer to save the videocasts for "laundry day" - motivates me, and give me something to look forward to! :) Don't know if you can "save up" the Daily fix the same way (watch multiple ones later at another time), but I've watched them later that same day, with the same level of enjoyment as if "live". Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
I like it but not really how it's presented. The page is great, the video is great but how it's the same page updating with a new video meaning I can't look ahead or back makes it rough. For example osbourne lights was operating yesterday but no mention of it and originally it was suppose to have closed, if I missed mondays I wouldn't have heard it was extended.

Right now, you must watch it daily. maybe it needs a calendar presentation that can get pre-populated for some details as you find them out? then you would also be able to go back in time to reference what you missed.

I liked today's episode and it motivated me to investigate further what "Cheesegate" is all about (apparently more about another thing being cut from DCL despite still charging a premium .... I think it is more carry-over from the new alcohol policy than anything else)

I like it but not really how it's presented. The page is great, the video is great but how it's the same page updating with a new video meaning I can't look ahead or back makes it rough. For example osbourne lights was operating yesterday but no mention of it and originally it was suppose to have closed, if I missed mondays I wouldn't have heard it was extended.

Right now, you must watch it daily. maybe it needs a calendar presentation that can get pre-populated for some details as you find them out? then you would also be able to go back in time to reference what you missed.
We are now adding an option to watch back on YouTube to past days. Check it out at youtube.com/wdwinfo

I like when Pete did it - it seemed more personable and fun.

JL I love ya but just intersect some JLness instead of reading off a script.

I love it though :)

I'm loving this and am subscribed to the channel but when I clicked on The Daily Fix, I got an odd message -- it said:
This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.
This is only on on Pete's video from 1/5.

video unlisted.jpg

Last edited:
Seems great to me, it's meant be quick and concise and it succeeds perfectly. Is there an audio-only RSS feed, so I can capture it straight to my phone's playback queue automatically for listening on car journeys like I do other podcasts and newscasts? If I have to remember to specifically go to a webpage or YouTube every day and view it.... well that'll never happen! :)

One very minor point - I would suggest using "Jan 4, 2016" as your date format in the title, to help anyone who is not American see instantly what date they are checking (as you know, "01/04/16" is read by most of the world as 1st April 2016). That way it would be more easily readable anywhere in the world (USA or elsewhere) with no extra effort on anyone's part.

Andre

Last edited:
I like when Pete did it - it seemed more personable and fun.

JL I love ya but just intersect some JLness instead of reading off a script.

I love it though :)
I think she definitely put her "JL spunkiness" into the last 2 episodes - with the "asides" about cheese (DCL), and today about the AKL arrest (and wink). She's funnily snarky, and I enjoy it. :)

Why not just watch the video at home later, and still enjoy? That''s what I do with the video podcasts (for same reasons you mentioned), and what I'm doing with the Daily Fix - rarely watch/listen to either live. Matter of fact, I prefer to save the videocasts for "laundry day" - motivates me, and give me something to look forward to! :) Don't know if you can "save up" the Daily fix the same way (watch multiple ones later at another time), but I've watched them later that same day, with the same level of enjoyment as if "live". Just some thoughts.
Just To busy to do it at home. I could go on and on about kids dinner etc. I enjoy the option to listen at work with some earbuds in. Just make more sense in the long run to have the audio available.

Just To busy to do it at home. I could go on and on about kids dinner etc. I enjoy the option to listen at work with some earbuds in. Just make more sense in the long run to have the audio available.
That is in essence the beauty of DIS Daily Fix. An hour long podcast is hard to work into a schedule, audio or video, but a 2-4 minute video giving that Disney fix can be squeezed into the schedules of even the busiest people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter