The Daily Fix ~ Coming to you weekdays at noon Eastern!

Craig, thanks for replying. As a regular LISTENER (not watcher) though, I hope you guys will reconsider that decision. I LISTEN to the shows in the car. I occasionally LISTEN when I'm exercising. I don't watch the shows. And this show, particularly, is essentially audio only anyway (except of course for getting to spend a little time staring at JL or Pete). Folks can download a podcast and listen anywhere without burning data. Streaming YouTube, however, requires data usage (and more battery life). So I hope you'll think about posting these updates as audio files, too.

I agree 100%. Please reconsider making the audio feed available as a podcast. I get regular audio updates to my podcasts that I listen to continuously. As far as I know, there is no way to download you tube videos to listen to them later -at least not as easily as getting a podcast.
I prefer to listen also, however, I have experienced the delay between the live show and when the show is available in iTunes to download to listen to, it can take quite a while sometimes, and by then, the info could be a bit past due?

Ooh, more show material.

Constructive criticism: 5 minutes straight and no cuts as a viewer it gets a little dull (though, you said this is more of a quick, informational thing anyway).
Maybe add graphics to correspond to what she (or whomever) is talking about?
Or add a 2nd person to go back and forth? (or thats probably too involved and tedious).

Or not. I'll still watch anyhow.

I prefer to listen also, however, I have experienced the delay between the live show and when the show is available in iTunes to download to listen to, it can take quite a while sometimes, and by then, the info could be a bit past due?

Yeah, waiting several hours to listen to it would make the news totally obsolete by the time you'd get to it. :D

Yeah, waiting several hours to listen to it would make the news totally obsolete by the time you'd get to it. :D

I"m not sure hearing it at noon doesn't make it not obsolete. I guess we listen to it from the park and hope we're in the right place and don't need a hopper? I do love the idea, and we'll see after some time if they make any iterations to make the news useful to someone standing in the park which is what I think the intention is. I'm probably just being too critical of something that has been out for a few hours. I'm more of a what is there to do tomorrow, later this week or "hey, don't miss out signing up for this special ticket event on thursday". enough time to adjust my plans if i'm standing there and can attend/do it.

Last edited:

I'm assuming you're being facetious, and I felt odd writing it, but what I should have said was: "I'd probably have seen it on my daily DIS email, one of the various Facebook pages I "liked" or something similar"
However, I think I'll just watch when I wake up while making my coffee or something! (It airs at 4am here)

waiting several hours to listen to it would make the news totally obsolete by the time you'd get to it.

I"m not sure hearing it at noon doesn't make it not obsolete.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. If the aim is to share "what's happening today" then posting it at noon is already too late. I know the show literally just started yesterday so let's give it some time to get in a groove, but based on first impressions alone, I think it might be more helpful to maybe post in the evening, like 8pm, with what's happening tomorrow.

No matter what, this is a great idea. We will be in Disney World in a few days and I'll definitely make sure to listen to this whenever we have a break in the afternoon.

Craig, thanks for replying. As a regular LISTENER (not watcher) though, I hope you guys will reconsider that decision. I LISTEN to the shows in the car. I occasionally LISTEN when I'm exercising. I don't watch the shows. And this show, particularly, is essentially audio only anyway (except of course for getting to spend a little time staring at JL or Pete). Folks can download a podcast and listen anywhere without burning data. Streaming YouTube, however, requires data usage (and more battery life). So I hope you'll think about posting these updates as audio files, too.

I agree 100%. Please reconsider making the audio feed available as a podcast. I get regular audio updates to my podcasts that I listen to continuously. As far as I know, there is no way to download you tube videos to listen to them later -at least not as easily as getting a podcast.

We do understand that people enjoy listening to our podcasts, but this isn't a podcast. We are still doing our podcasts as normal, but this is a daily news fix for those who may need that quick two minutes of magic every day. While some of us, and I'm including myself since I was a listener before I was on the shows, have time to download audio files and listen while we drive or study or workout, others do not or may not know what podcasts are, but they might have two minutes to watch a video they find on the site or randomly shared on Facebook or YouTube.

We are listening to feedback as always so we can fine tune this and appreciate all of the comments, but we are just getting into the swing of things and still have big ideas for where we want to take this. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Here's a look at today's Daily Fix which can also be found at wdwinfo.com/dailyfix

Maybe add graphics to correspond to what she (or whomever) is talking about?
Or add a 2nd person to go back and forth? (or thats probably too involved and tedious).

Or not. I'll still watch anyhow.

I'll second the need for graphics. Some of us are the types of kids that only read picture books!

Other than that, I love the concept.

I'll second the need for graphics. Some of us are the types of kids that only read picture books!

Other than that, I love the concept.

I kinda like that it isn't over-produced ... reminds me of a morning briefing at a company or something where just someone (usually the boss) and just telling you things

One thing that might be cool is for having like a scroll at the bottom that covers the "this date in Disney history" and the weather forecasts, etc. (the stuff towards the end) like the scores on ESPN or something. Then the person doesn't need to speak them and could tighten things up as well

Also - must say, kinda partial to Pete growing the facial hair back ;)

I am really enjoying this. As always, Disney updates/news is better with Pete's commentary and opinions. And nice jab at Beetlejuice. Good riddance!!

I'm hooked!!!! This is wonderful. Yes, it would be nice if it was maybe earlier for those actually going into the parks that day, but I like watching it at work and imagining I'm there. I was listening to today's broadcast with Pete at work and one of my co-workers commented, "who is that guy?! He's great!".
Love JenniLynn's work yesterday too...so professional.
I love everything about this.
I love highlighting some forum threads.
I love this day in Disney history.
Everything.
Bravo!

I really like the "Daily Fix". I like that the podcasters switch, too. It's like a daily fix of each of them as well as a daily fix of Disney info. Love it!!!

I see people's point about it being in the middle of the day. Maybe if it was posted in the evening (like around 8pm) it could have a wrap up of the day's news, forums, Disney history, etc...and include a "coming up" look at tomorrow like any events and even tomorrow's weather forecast. Like the podcasters are tucking you in for the night and getting you excited for tomorrow!!! It doesn't have to be filmed at night, just posted, which could give the production team a little breathing room in getting it uploaded. I give the team a lot of credit...the amount of content they put out a week would be overwhelming to me.

Whether the team changes the "Daily Fix" or keeps it exactly the same doesn't matter to me... I'll still be watching!!!

I absolutely adore The Daily Fix. It's something I've been hoping for for awhile now. I love it just as it is.

Personally, I don't see the need to add extra work on Craig's (and Ryno's?) plates by having it both a video and audio. There's already a ton of content coming out. The Daily Fix is just a few minutes of an update on current happenings. It's as quick as all of the monotonous videos and quizzes everyone does on Facebook with blinking an eye. Likewise, because it's so quick, I wouldn't expect a ton of deal on each topic to be given. That would be on the podcast instead.

Bravo to all of those involved. I can't say enough how much I am enjoying this!!

Last edited:
Is there a link to the daily fix on the wdwinfo.com page itself? I seem to be missing it. I see the direct link to the wdwinfo.com/dailyfix page was posted a few posts above mine, but it seems odd that there;s no mention of it or link to it on the wdwinfo page. I could totally be overlooking it though, and if I am I apologize :)

ETA: It appears to be an ad blocking issue. Thanks @disneysteve for letting me know!

Oh, I like the idea of broadcasting it at night...so they can give weather and park specific info for the next day. But then again....i'd have to wait longer to see it....hmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter