Andy Weedman

Earning My Ears
I wanted to let you follow along on some fun. I'm calling it "The Curse of September". The first time I rode Cosmic Rewind was on September 21st and that I believe set the curse in motion. I've rode Cosmic Rewind about 20 times and have had every song except for September. It's a bit of a fun statistical outlier at this point. I'm chronicling my attempts over on my twitter. I've got some charts and other fun things for data nerds. I also recently bought an Earth, Wind & Fire shirt to try and break the voodoo. My next step will be to just go see EW&F in concert.

Hope you will have as much fun with this as me!

Latest post on Twitter is here

Goodluck! I’m also wanting to experience Sept on GotG. So far we’ve had 5 rides. The first 3 were EWTRTW, and the last 2 were Disco Inferno.

Fun fact - If you tell Alexa “Play music from 1978” it always plays September first.

If you tell Alexa to “Play music from 1985” the first song will be Everybody want to rule the world.

I feel like everyone has one song that they somehow get way more than the others, particularly if they’ve only rode this a handful of times. For me it was I Ran, three out of five times.

(And one September, thank goodness)

Our stats for 6 rides are:

Disco Inferno - 3
September - 1
Everybody Wants to Rule the World - 1
One Way or Another - 1
I Ran - 0
Conga - 0

Haha, I'm the exact opposite, September is the only song I ever seem to get! I've gotten it more than half the times I've been on, the only song I have yet to get is Disco Inferno.

Ahhh I am invested now! When is your next attempt? And what’s your favorite song to hear that ISN’T September?

FWIW, my stats are:
I Ran x 2
One Way or Another x 1
…and September x 1 :upsidedow

I wanted to let you follow along on some fun. I'm calling it "The Curse of September". The first time I rode Cosmic Rewind was on September 21st and that I believe set the curse in motion. I've rode Cosmic Rewind about 20 times and have had every song except for September. It's a bit of a fun statistical outlier at this point. I'm chronicling my attempts over on my twitter. I've got some charts and other fun things for data nerds. I also recently bought an Earth, Wind & Fire shirt to try and break the voodoo. My next step will be to just go see EW&F in concert.

Hope you will have as much fun with this as me!

Latest post on Twitter is here
That's actually crazy odds! The probably of getting that song at least once, given 20 rides, assuming it is an even statistical one in six chance every ride, is 97.12%. You should go to Vegas and bet the Don't Pass on the craps table. LOL.

I told my kids about your story back in September and they were asking me for an update today 😂 have there been any more attempts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter