The current situation at Cabins at Fort Wilderness

flutegarden

Mouseketeer
New here but not to Disney and last trip was pre-COVID and never stayed at FWL cabins. I think I’m settled on it for our family but I have a few questions/concerns.

What is the current housekeeping situation? I’ve read a lot it’s not really happening. I don’t care about bakery’s being changed but I’d like fresh towels at least every other day and trash taken out. Do they also refill the coffee and filters daily? The website says they wash dishes. I assume that’s not happening.

I’ve read of the floors being dirty- is this true?

I plan on getting a golf cart. If we do this then buses aren’t a huge issue, right? All the complaints are about the internal system? Is there a fee to park the golf cart?

We will probably order groceries for breakfast- should we use their ordering or get elsewhere? Do they have decent breakfast to but stay the outpost store if we run out?

They don’t start serving breakfast until 7:30 which is way too late considering the insane opening time. Do they have grab and go stuff available earlier or just grab from the store the night before?

We’re actually not going until next June so hopefully things will improve more but I want to know what I’m up against now. Thanks!

New here but not to Disney and last trip was pre-COVID and never stayed at FWL cabins. I think I’m settled on it for our family but I have a few questions/concerns.

What is the current housekeeping situation? I’ve read a lot it’s not really happening. I don’t care about bakery’s being changed but I’d like fresh towels at least every other day and trash taken out. Do they also refill the coffee and filters daily? The website says they wash dishes. I assume that’s not happening.

I plan on getting a golf cart. If we do this then buses aren’t a huge issue, right? All the complaints are about the internal system? Is there a fee to park the golf cart?

We will probably order groceries for breakfast- should we use their ordering or get elsewhere? Do they have decent breakfast to but stay the outpost store if we run out?

They don’t start serving breakfast until 7:30 which is way too late considering the insane opening time. Do they have grab and go stuff available earlier or just grab from the store the night before?

We’re actually not going until next June so hopefully things will improve more but I want to know what I’m up against now. Thanks!
Are you talking about the cabins at Fort Wilderness or the Cascade Cabins at Disney's Copper Creek Villas (located at the Wilderness Lodge). They're two very different experiences. There isn't a FWL.

From your follow-up questions, it sounds as if you are referring to the cabins at FW campground. TBH, I have only read one negative report about a dirty cabin. It should be clean when you arrive. Housekeeping is not on a daily basis and if you don't want to wash cups, plates and utensils then order some disposables. You can always request fresh towels and linens even if housekeeping isn't scheduled to clean your cabin that day. Someone should be making a security check and taking out your trash each day.

I don't recommend ordering groceries from Disney. They can be pretty pricey and the selection is limited. Use the trading posts for basics that you might need to replenish such as milk and bread. Use a grocery delivery service like Amazon Fresh or Instacart for the bulk of your grocery items. Get breakfast items to quickly grab while everyone gets ready to head out the door.

Golf carts are great for getting around the campground and are the preferred method of transportation vs using your own car. But Disney does not allow 3rd party vendors to drop rental carts off. Disney has their own carts but the supply is limited and they charge a lot for them. However, renting directly from Disney is the easiest way to go. Just book that rental early! There is no charge for parking a golf cart in one of the designated lots at the campground. You will need to take Disney transportation (bus or boat) to the parks as there are no cart paths between the campground and anywhere else.

Thanks. I mean the cabins.

I read a few recent reviews about direct cabins on Trip Advisor. I also read that they were limiting or charging for outside delivery.

Was at Fort Wilderness cabins 3 weeks ago. Housekeeping came every other day, changed out the towels, emptied the trash, left more coffee. We swept the cabin daily ourselves. No big deal.

Ordered groceries from WalMart. Delivered to Bell Services and they were
waiting for us when we arrived.

We consider a golf cart a must-have to get around Fort Wilderness. Reserved ours 3 months out.

Went back and forth to AK and EPCOT on the bus. No problem. Waiting times were short and buses were not crowded. Went to MK on the boat. Again, no issues.

Was at Fort Wilderness cabins 3 weeks ago. Housekeeping came every other day, changed out the towels, emptied the trash, left more coffee. We swept the cabin daily ourselves. No big deal.

We consider a golf cart a must-have to get around Fort Wilderness. Reserved ours 3 months out.

Went back and forth to AK and EPCOT on the bus. No problem. Waiting times were short and buses were not crowded. Went to MK on the boat. Again, no issues.

How far in advance did you place your grocery order with Walmart? I assume you used the app?

Awesome to hear. Thanks.

Do they wash your dishes? They advertise that they do but I’m doubtful. Do they have napkins/paper towels or should I order those?

Do they wash your dishes? They advertise that they do but I’m doubtful. Do they have napkins/paper towels or should I order those?
Stayed many times, there is a dishwasher. We usually load and start in the morning before going out. Didn't do it one day (had only coffee pot and one cup). They did run it through.
They have Brawny paper towels, which are not great LOL.

Stayed many times, there is a dishwasher. We usually load and start in the morning before going out. Didn't do it one day (had only coffee pot and one cup). They did run it through.
They have Brawny paper towels, which are not great LOL.
Do they provide dishwasher detergent and dish soap?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter