The Crystal Palace: toddler reservarion

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
We have a large family trip planned for Nov and I had a hard time getting the few reservations I was hoping for. I got a ressie for 8 at The Crystal Palace, but we will have a 9th- my 2yo granddaughter who will not want her own seat (especially when she sees those characters!) and will want to sit on laps. I know Disney wants even 2 year olds to have reservations, but there's nothing available for 9. Am I okay with the ressie for 8 or should I try split it up? Thanks!

We have a large family trip planned for Nov and I had a hard time getting the few reservations I was hoping for. I got a ressie for 8 at The Crystal Palace, but we will have a 9th- my 2yo granddaughter who will not want her own seat (especially when she sees those characters!) and will want to sit on laps. I know Disney wants even 2 year olds to have reservations, but there's nothing available for 9. Am I okay with the ressie for 8 or should I try split it up? Thanks!
Either try to book for a party of 10 - there’s no penalty for showing up with fewer - or break it up into smaller parties such as 6+4 (Disney’s ADR system does not like odd numbers!).

If you break it up, put the first ADR in the name of another member of the party who has an MDE account, then put the second one in your name. Have everyone there 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in in person with the CM, not via MDE, tell them you’re together and would like to sit as close together as possible. Then be patient as they do their best to do that!

Either try to book for a party of 10 - there’s no penalty for showing up with fewer - or break it up into smaller parties such as 6+4 (Disney’s ADR system does not like odd numbers!).

If you break it up, put the first ADR in the name of another member of the party who has an MDE account, then put the second one in your name. Have everyone there 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in in person with the CM, not via MDE, tell them you’re together and would like to sit as close together as possible. Then be patient as they do their best to do that!
Thanks- we already have a reservation for 8, and will only need the 8 seats. Do you think for some reason it will be a problem since there's 9 (the toddler won't want to sit by herself)? I could make an additional reservation for 1 or 2 to split it up, but it seems like I'd be taking a table away from someone else and I hate to do that.

You can leave it at 8 but be prepared one person can be turned away and I have seen it happen. I would either split your party or look for a table for 10. Also as a former hostess don’t put them in that position, get the proper size ADR for your party.

Thanks- we already have a reservation for 8, and will only need the 8 seats. Do you think for some reason it will be a problem since there's 9 (the toddler won't want to sit by herself)? I could make an additional reservation for 1 or 2 to split it up, but it seems like I'd be taking a table away from someone else and I hate to do that.

You have to account for every person no matter how small.

As above, everyone must be counted in your ADR, even those who won’t use their chair. There are many reports of groups having to wait an especially long time to be seated, especially larger groups like yours, or even being turned away completely. It’s much better to have an ADR for 10 (or multiple ADRs that add up to 10) and only occupy 8 seats than to worry about not being seated at all.

your 2 year old will count even if sitting on a lap so yes it could be a problem. this was at a different all you can eat pre covid but we were seated ahead of a family of 9 because they did not count their infant. we also were a bigger group but we had our infant in the count. they ended up waiting over a half hour or more past their ressie time because of not counting their infant. which is why you are being told to split party or try a party of 10

Can’t it be modified when you check in online ? I thought it was an option .
Sometimes when checking in online, you’ll be given the option to add one person, but it’s not something you can count on. Especially with a large party booked for 8 and needing 9, meaning a 10-top table. I wouldn’t take the chance of being told No.

Can’t it be modified when you check in online ? I thought it was an option .

It really depends on the restaurant’s capacity at your ADR time. Popular restaurants at busy times, you can’t. This is a screen shot of our Sci Fi check in

D223CB1B-E2B6-434D-AB5C-546464466EDD.png

Note the “add 0 guests”.

I always find it curious the one left off a reservation is the youngest child. Like why not guilt the CM into letting it fly or turn away a small child? Nobody ever leaves an adult off in these situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter