The contenders...

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
Coronado or Caribbean for family hol , i realize both are big resorts ,but which one has the best holiday vibe?

When you say holiday vibe do you mean holiday decorations? The mods tend to not do much it is the deluxes that go all out. If that does not matter and is a choice between those 2 have never stayed at Coronado but really enjoyed CBR when we were there in November. We were in a preferred room in Martinique and so close to the food court. We took the internal bus to the Skyliner which we loved going on our Epcot and HS days.

I would go with Caribbean for sure. The pool is really fun and the skyliner is super cool for the kids.
I've stayed at both and I personally like Coronado better but in the end, you can't go wrong with either. Go where you get the best price. That's probably how I would make my decision.

EDIT: reread this.. and wow I'm all over the place lol. Honestly, they are both great. Have a wonderful holiday.

CSR has more amenities (as mentioned being a convention resort). Its a smaller resort than CBR too. They are both beautiful resorts but I favor CSR.

I'm partial to CSR (one of our most stayed at Disney resorts) and have only walked thru CBR not actually stayed.

The tower appears to be decorated so pretty during holidays. I was checking out in November 2020, and trees in the lobby had appeared overnight. Only got a quick glimpse though since DME was arriving.
20201111_104858.jpg20201111_104844.jpg20201111_104823.jpg

What are your overall priorities outside of holiday decor? And really holiday vibe is very subjective. I love all the resort decor at Christmas time as they all have a unique take on the holidays but both are mods so I'd presume decor will be similar levels. However, the CSR lobby is very nice and with the add of GDT, has a much more deluxe feel than CBR. I have stayed at both and would likely not stay at CBR again. Stayed there a few times and have always had issues. Clearly it's a very popular resort and even more so being on the skyliner line. The rooms are old and drab and the resort goes on forever and ever and I'm not a fan of the bus situation there. We've gone with CBR in the past for the skyliner and the rooms with the 5th sleeper. And that's been the only reasons.

Both are close comps but imo, if you take the skyliner away, CSR is much nicer.
  • The rooms have all been upgraded much more recently,
  • there are some nicer dining options with the add of three bridges
  • CSR has a gym and a spa
  • the tower is all indoors so no motel 6 exterior door lodging (downside, no balcony, only a large window) but rooms are larger than the non-tower rooms
  • the bathrooms in the tower rooms are so so much nicer with glass doors and nicer fixtures and slightly more space.
  • There are 4 bus stops at CSR vs 7 or 8 (seems like 25) at CBR which gets old really fast
  • The pools are similar imo
Now if you'll plan to be at Epcot and DHS a lot, CBR may be your best option. If you will be at MK and AK more, then it's really no benefit to stay at CBR unless you just prefer that resort. If you decide to go CBR, Jamaica is a good location for proximity to the skyliner station and not too far from the bridge to the lobby/main pool. Also, depending on where you're heading on the bus, the Jamaica stop is usually the first bus stop when they return from parks and first stop when they drop. If you go CSR, I'm always a vote for the tower but the rooms will be more $$. If you go with a non-tower room at CSR, you can go preferred in the casitas to be near the tower/el centro/buses or not preferred and request the cabanas.

For me, I look at where I will stay based on my budget, time of year and which parks we'll be at the most. I would take that into account and what theming appeals to you/your family the most.

ETA- if we do have a more epcot/DHS trip planned and prices are not far off, we usually stay at swan/dolphin to get walking/boat proximity to the parks and better lodging accommodations for not much more. Just for comparison, the last few stays we've done Swan/Dolphin since even with the tacked on resort fee, we saved several hundred dollars over CBR and POR.

Coronado falls somewhere between moderate and deluxe. The pool, lobby, and rooms are all nicer than Caribbean Beach. However I would still do Caribbean Beach amd request a room near the skyliner. If you're in one of the buildings right near it, I think you have the best location on property. Less than 10 minutes to Epcot or Studios.

I'm partial to CSR (one of our most stayed at Disney resorts) and have only walked thru CBR not actually stayed.

The tower appears to be decorated so pretty during holidays. I was checking out in November 2020, and trees in the lobby had appeared overnight. Only got a quick glimpse though since DME was arriving.
View attachment 686174View attachment 686175View attachment 686176

What are your overall priorities outside of holiday decor? And really holiday vibe is very subjective. I love all the resort decor at Christmas time as they all have a unique take on the holidays but both are mods so I'd presume decor will be similar levels. However, the CSR lobby is very nice and with the add of GDT, has a much more deluxe feel than CBR. I have stayed at both and would likely not stay at CBR again. Stayed there a few times and have always had issues. Clearly it's a very popular resort and even more so being on the skyliner line. The rooms are old and drab and the resort goes on forever and ever and I'm not a fan of the bus situation there. We've gone with CBR in the past for the skyliner and the rooms with the 5th sleeper. And that's been the only reasons.

Both are close comps but imo, if you take the skyliner away, CSR is much nicer.
  • The rooms have all been upgraded much more recently,
  • there are some nicer dining options with the add of three bridges
  • CSR has a gym and a spa
  • the tower is all indoors so no motel 6 exterior door lodging (downside, no balcony, only a large window) but rooms are larger than the non-tower rooms
  • the bathrooms in the tower rooms are so so much nicer with glass doors and nicer fixtures and slightly more space.
  • There are 4 bus stops at CSR vs 7 or 8 (seems like 25) at CBR which gets old really fast
  • The pools are similar imo
Now if you'll plan to be at Epcot and DHS a lot, CBR may be your best option. If you will be at MK and AK more, then it's really no benefit to stay at CBR unless you just prefer that resort. If you decide to go CBR, Jamaica is a good location for proximity to the skyliner station and not too far from the bridge to the lobby/main pool. Also, depending on where you're heading on the bus, the Jamaica stop is usually the first bus stop when they return from parks and first stop when they drop. If you go CSR, I'm always a vote for the tower but the rooms will be more $$. If you go with a non-tower room at CSR, you can go preferred in the casitas to be near the tower/el centro/buses or not preferred and request the cabanas.

For me, I look at where I will stay based on my budget, time of year and which parks we'll be at the most. I would take that into account and what theming appeals to you/your family the most.

ETA- if we do have a more epcot/DHS trip planned and prices are not far off, we usually stay at swan/dolphin to get walking/boat proximity to the parks and better lodging accommodations for not much more. Just for comparison, the last few stays we've done Swan/Dolphin since even with the tacked on resort fee, we saved several hundred dollars over CBR and POR.
That was SO helpful,thank you so much..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter