The Concert Is Over...

The only concerts I've been to are
high school ones with relatives in them, in which case we stayed to talk to them.
ones in Epcot, I generally leave before the last song is done

I can't remember the last time we actually watched the FWs at MK, I'm height challenged and can't see the castle so just don't bother any more. When I did, I was never in the hub it was from the bridge to TL so just walked around the back of the castle and hung out for awhile after they were over. We were in Epcot in Jan. and caught the FW show there, we left after it was over but left via IG since we were staying at Dolphin. Had we needed to go to the front gate, we would have sat still for awhile.

When we go to concerts (especially our local big concert venue), we leave right before the band starts the encore. The parking lot is crazy congested and if you stay to the end of the concert, you're pretty much guaranteed to have an hour and a half - plus - wait to get out of the parking lot.

Stage shows, we never leave before the end, we just build in time in our night and plan to sit tight while things clear out. But we are also seeing shows in our local city, not everyone is parking in the same place and we choose a parking garage a little bit of a walk away so we can pretty much exit as soon as we get in our car.

At Disney it kinda depends on what's going on. Something like Fantasmic or the final castle show, where we are basically going back to the resort after, we will hang out till the end and then cool our heels while most of the crowds disperse. If we're watching something mid-day or when we have other plans after the show, we will usually position closer to the back or sides of the crowds to be able to make a speedy exit, or duck out just as the show is having its finale.

It really depends. Sporting events I leave early depending on the score. If its likely that a team will win with <5 minutes left (or in baseball the 8th inning) I'll start heading out. We always sit in the upper levels, so by the time we are making our way out we can still stop somewhere and watch if something major happens. But we are usually out before the majority. If I do stay until the end, I usually sit back in my seat for 10-15 minutes. Still a mess getting out of the parking lots, but not as bad.

Concerts I always leave early. I know you can miss alot of fun, but the big venue here in the Pittsburgh area is a mess. There is only one way in/out. Its in the middle of no where so there is no problems hitting traffic once out, but if you're back around and furthest from the exit it can take an hour and a half or more to get out if its full. The one time I stayed to the end of a full concert, we ended up grilling some hot dogs, ate, cleaned up, and still had to wait about 20-30 minutes on the way out. If I'm lucky enough to park in the front lot, I stay a little longer and maybe just listen to the encore in the parking lot.

Disney I stay until the end. I don't have to get up the next day (well, for work) so it's no big deal. What I will do is maybe find a spot towards the back of the pack so I can be one of the first out, but still want a good view.

Do you & your fellow concert goers stay until the very end? Or do you make your way to your car during the final song to beat the crowds leaving?

I havent been to a concey in a long time but when I used to go it would depend on the following

Where in the venue I am
My goal at concerts used to be to get as near to the stage as possible, ideally front row / front barrier at standing concerts.

When I was front front row / front barrier I would stay right to the very end, until the lights went up and the first crush of people were were gone. Depending on the artist if I knew where the after party was or where the hotel where the artist was staying I would go there. Being at the front row I knew it would take some time to leave the venue and get to the place but I would try. Sometimes I was successful, sometimes I was not.

If I had seats not in the front section, it would depend on the artist / band. Some times I would stay right to very end, until the lights went up and the first crush of people were were gone.

For others I would stay to the end but as soon as the artist was gone from the stage, I was up and out weaving my way through the crowds. Instead of going home after the concert I would go to where the concert after party was being held or to the hotel I knew the artist was staying at and try to see or meet the artist.

If you are at the Magic Kingdom watching Happily Ever After, do you position yourselves to be one of the first out or try to get the best spot to watch never thinking about the crowds trying to leave at the end?

I don't watch the fireworks in Disneyland California, I go to Fantasmic instead. For Fantasmic I have to be right down at the railings at the water. As a result I stay right to the very end and take my time leaving.

Back in the 80s, my sister and I attended a Springsteen concert at the Coliseum. She wanted to leave early to beat the traffic and I absolutely refused - friends had attended a concert of his a few days before and said to expect multiple encores. So we stayed (with her complaining as we walked back to the car in the crowds).

When we reached the lot where we parked, we found that our car was in the middle of a very packed lot, unable to be moved. We waited almost an hour to be able to get in our car and drive off. I never would have forgiven her if we'd missed the end of the concert just to be stuck waiting for other cars to be moved!!

So I always stay until the end. :)

Yay! What state?!
It really depends. Sporting events I leave early depending on the score. If its likely that a team will win with <5 minutes left (or in baseball the 8th inning) I'll start heading out. We always sit in the upper levels, so by the time we are making our way out we can still stop somewhere and watch if something major happens. But we are usually out before the majority. If I do stay until the end, I usually sit back in my seat for 10-15 minutes. Still a mess getting out of the parking lots, but not as bad.

Concerts I always leave early. I know you can miss alot of fun, but the big venue here in the Pittsburgh area is a mess. There is only one way in/out. Its in the middle of no where so there is no problems hitting traffic once out, but if you're back around and furthest from the exit it can take an hour and a half or more to get out if its full. The one time I stayed to the end of a full concert, we ended up grilling some hot dogs, ate, cleaned up, and still had to wait about 20-30 minutes on the way out. If I'm lucky enough to park in the front lot, I stay a little longer and maybe just listen to the encore in the parking lot.

Disney I stay until the end. I don't have to get up the next day (well, for work) so it's no big deal. What I will do is maybe find a spot towards the back of the pack so I can be one of the first out, but still want a good view.

well as far as sporting event we never leave cause you never know. We had friends leave a Bruins game once because they were down 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the third period. Guess what happened they came back and won 5 to 4 in the last 6 minutes. Never leave early It is now one of the classics of the Boston Bruins

well as far as sporting event we never leave cause you never know. We had friends leave a Bruins game once because they were down 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the third period. Guess what happened they came back and won 5 to 4 in the last 6 minutes. Never leave early It is now one of the classics of the Boston Bruins

Leaving early did make me wish I hadn't one time. I left a Pirates game early. And the manager came out, argued a call, got thrown out, so he took first base and threw it in the dugout. Then they ended up winning in extra innings. Wish I would've stuck around for that.

I never leave before anything is over, you never know what you might miss. For instance, I once saw U2 in concert at the old JFK Stadium in Philly where US Live Aid was held. People left in droves before the encore, and therefore all missed Bruce Springsteen come out and play with the band. Then, I left after the lights came up and on my way out I found a thick gold chain glinting off the lights that I later sold and recouped the cost of my ticket and then some.

The concerts I have been to, they usually play their most popular song as an encore. Why would one leave before the end.

Of course then I am plan on 30 minutes - an hour of sitting in the car & traffic getting out but it's the price you pay.

I never leave before anything is over, you never know what you might miss. For instance, I once saw U2 in concert at the old JFK Stadium in Philly where US Live Aid was held. People left in droves before the encore, and therefore all missed Bruce Springsteen come out and play with the band. Then, I left after the lights came up and on my way out I found a thick gold chain glinting off the lights that I later sold and recouped the cost of my ticket and then some.
OMG!! You found my gold chain :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter