The Concert Is Over...

DISNEYSQUIRRELS

DIS Veteran
Do you & your fellow concert goers stay until the very end? Or do you make your way to your car during the final song to beat the crowds leaving?
If you are at the Magic Kingdom watching Happily Ever After, do you position yourselves to be one of the first out or try to get the best spot to watch never thinking about the crowds trying to leave at the end?

I'm sure we are all missing concerts/shows/events right now (heavy sigh). My S/O always wants to go in the middle of the last song to beat the crowds or as far back as possible to get out of the MK.
I'm not a fan of that at all.

Just curious how this plays out for you :wave:

I see people doing this at Fantasmic! It somewhat annoys me when they leave before the show is actually over. To me, it's a little disrespectful to the performers, but also the end is the best part! If I was in a hurry to get somewhere I would sit toward the back, but wouldn't go until it was over. I try not to plan anything too close to that anyway, because why worry about to get to next instead of enjoying the show? This could apply to anything, but that's my best example.

I hate it when people leave before the end of anything. It drives me crazy. 9th inning of a baseball game, encore at a concert, the end of a show at WDW. The end is often the best part and it really annoys me if I have to keep standing up to let people out and I end up missing things. If I don't want to deal with the mad rush at the end of an event, I just hang around a little bit until the crowd thins out.

I see people doing this at Fantasmic! It somewhat annoys me when they leave before the show is actually over. To me, it's a little disrespectful to the performers, but also the end is the best part! If I was in a hurry to get somewhere I would sit toward the back, but wouldn't go until it was over. I try not to plan anything too close to that anyway, because why worry about to get to next instead of enjoying the show? This could apply to anything, but that's my best example.
I agree :)

YES! Fantasmic is a perfect example! From when the boat comes out to the end is my absolute favorite part of probably any WDW show, and there are ALWAYS people standing up and leaving. I only get to see Fantasmic once every year or two, I really don't want to miss my favorite part.

I hate it when people leave before the end of anything. It drives me crazy. 9th inning of a baseball game, encore at a concert, the end of a show at WDW. The end is often the best part and it really annoys me if I have to keep standing up to let people out and I end up missing things. If I don't want to deal with the mad rush at the end of an event, I just hang around a little bit until the crowd thins out.
Same, when life gets back to normal, I need to have my S/O work on this. I'll add it to his to-do list now so he has plenty of time to practice, haha!

I leave everything early! However, I’m either in the back and aisle, or standing, even my kids’ games and concerts. I’m pretty claustrophobic, not a fan of crowds or getting out of crowded parking lots (I’ll even park farther away to be close to the exit). DH knows not to buy any 50/50 tickets at fundraisers.

YES! Fantasmic is a perfect example! From when the boat comes out to the end is my absolute favorite part of probably any WDW show, and there are ALWAYS people standing up and leaving. I only get to see Fantasmic once every year or two, I really don't want to miss my favorite part.
I know, this is a point of contention with us. He always wants to sit way up the top, as close to the exit as possible & scoot out a few minutes early. WHY??
He likes the show, we are on vacation...what is the big rush to leave, jeesh!!
I won't do it if it is going to disturb other people or disrupt a row of people to have us try to get up & go...just NO!

I leave everything early! However, I’m either in the back and aisle, or standing, even my kids’ games and concerts. I’m pretty claustrophobic, not a fan of crowds or getting out of crowded parking lots (I’ll even park farther away to be close to the exit). DH knows not to buy any 50/50 tickets at fundraisers.

Oh yeah, I totally get the claustrophobia thing. We tend to hang back and wait for the crowd to thin out rather than leave early, but as long as you're not disturbing people when you leave, that's fine. The people who bug me are the ones sitting in the middle of the row making everyone stand up to let them out, which also blocks the view of the people behind them.

I know, this is a point of contention with us. He always wants to sit way up the top, as close to the exit as possible & scoot out a few minutes early. WHY??
He likes the show, we are on vacation...what is the big rush to leave, jeesh!!
I won't do it if it is going to disturb other people or disrupt a row of people to have us try to get up & go...just NO!

I bet most of the people who are trying to get out of Fantasmic early are people who have to drive home or back to their hotel. But for us, the park's closed at that point, we're taking the bus, there's going to be a line whenever we make it to the bus stop, so why rush? :laughing:

I can relate because this is what my S/O does...back of the place, closest to the exit, parks a million miles away...but he is not claustrophobic or anything.
I can imagine that having difficulty in crowds or with large groups of people could be challenging.

Oh yeah, I totally get the claustrophobia thing. We tend to hang back and wait for the crowd to thin out rather than leave early, but as long as you're not disturbing people when you leave, that's fine. The people who bug me are the ones sitting in the middle of the row making everyone stand up to let them out, which also blocks the view of the people behind them.
That is UNACCEPTABLE!!

I bet most of the people who are trying to get out of Fantasmic early are people who have to drive home or back to their hotel. But for us, the park's closed at that point, we're taking the bus, there's going to be a line whenever we make it to the bus stop, so why rush? :laughing:
Exactly! During all this downtime at home, I'm trying to come up with new discussion topics for us, haha.
So I will be presenting this new approach for when things open up, (whenever that is)...no more running out until the show is OVER!

It depends, will stay if really like band or venue.
Prefer outdoor venues and they will probably do better tahn others after all this goes away.

We go to quite a few concerts (have missed 3 so far this year and the one in July will prob be postponed). My answer is - it depends.

- How much I like the group/person
- Is the show on a night before work the next morning
- Have we seen them before
- Which concert venue it is (one is about an hour from us and traffic getting out of there is horrible)

We go to several various shows and concerts. If it's at a smaller venue we always stay to the end (under 4,000 people). For the larger venues (10-20,000 people), it depends- Do we have to work in the morning, is it one of our favorites to be worth waiting over an hour to drive out of the lot?

In Disney, we always stay to the end, we're on vacation time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter