The Chuck Wagon Cafe - restaurant reviews

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Yee hah, you’re now in the Wild West!!! :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

The Chuck Wagon Cafe is a Western-themed food-court serving a wide choice of dishes, including typical cowboy grub, with seating in two barn-like rooms. It is open for breakfast (continental breakfast is included with your room), lunch and dinner.

We would be grateful for any photos or reviews, long or short ;) about this restaurant.

I dont think we have any photos but we ate here last xmas after the park had closed........surprisingly it wasnt busy at all.........it was an all you can eat buffet aswell, and i lost track of how many times i went up for food.....even at the time we arrived and until we left there was still fresh food being cooked up. I must have gone through a huge amount of ribs that night.........am virtually dribbling now just remembering. The types of food was so varied aswell i think anyone could have found a good few choices...not sure about the food for the veggie people though. We had a nice meal that finished off our first xmas day very nicely.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We ate here two weeks ago and were majorly disappointed. In a change from the old setup, there was only a buffet option available with a fixed price per customer. The staff were very rude and barked at us that we had to pay before going in, so we couldn't judge what type of food was on offer. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get a veggie option and asked about this, but was simply ordered to pay, get a wristband and then enter to see the food. In the end I paid over 20 Euro to find there was only salad or chips for me. Food for the rest of the gang was only luke warm, poor quality and very greasy. Given that we paid over 60 Euros, we would have gotten a better feed in Mc Donalds!!!:)

We ate here in July and this being about our eighth Disney trip I am gutted we hadn't been to this restaurant before it serves the best food I have ever eaten in Disney.Plenty of choice for everybody and the deserts are scrummy.Good use of our half board vouchers:yay: :banana: :yay: :banana:

We ate here when we stayed at the hotel in January. Now as a family we enjoy all-u-can-eat-buffets as there is always a good range of home cooked foods. We love Billy Bobs s o we thought we would give Chuck Waggon a go, well we had an amazing meal here the kids loved the baked potatos and roast chicken,corn,ribs and hubby and i loved everything DS9 says he had pizza here off the kids area i dont remember what was on his plate to be honest all i remember was we all went up at least 3 times each and had empty plates all round, so that makes it in my opinion a good meal.

I can just taste the chilli meat!!

We were really impressed with the buffet here. There was a good selection of meats, salads, pasta and yummy desserts. Off the top of my head I remember BBQ ribs, roast chicken, baked potatoes, chips, new potatoes, chilli, green beans, bbq style beans, chocolate tortes, rasperry ripple tortes. The kids section had the usual chicken nuggets, sausages etc. I wish I had taken a photo of all the buffet stands, but I was so hungry I was too busy piling my plate high ;)
Also, I would pre-book before coming here, we didn't book and were waiting for over half an hour to be seated as it was packed. Good value though, as the price includes a drink and you can go up as many times as you like.

It used to be counter service I think, but it is definitely buffet now. (or was when I was last in Disney, which was November 07).

We ate here on Thursday 9th October 2008.

We made a reservation for two adults and one child with a high chair however when we arrived we weren't asked if we ahd a reservation and when I showed them the slip from City Hall he just put it in the bin. Buffet was 21 euros per person without a drink and 23 euors per person with a drink.

We chose the drink option and you had a choice of any can of soft drink but could sepreratly purchase drinks from the restaurant bar.

Choice of food was amazing and the food was all of good quality. Kacee loved the buffet and filled up on Corn on the Cobb and Mickey shaped fish pieces and grapes :confused3

Desert buffet was amazing however the doughnuts had caramel in them and I was expecting Jam :laughing:

I would massivly recomend the buffet to anyone, the one downside is that they make you wear a wristband to show you have paid which the wife hated but I loved it so much I'm still wearing mine :rotfl2: :lmao:

10% discount on the price for us Dream pass holders meant that it cost us 42 euros for the buffet for three people!!

Has anyone got any upto-date info on the veggie options (adults and kids) available here please?

We ate here on our first night at DLP as we were staying in the Cheyenne. We were tired and wanted an early night so we ate quite early (around 6pm) and the restaurant wasn't too busy.

As it was our first time in DLP we weren't sure what to do and I have to say the staff weren't that friendly or helpful, but the food was amazing. Choice of food has already been mentioned, but it was plentiful and hot and very, very tasty. Not alot of choice for vegetarians as it's mostly meat, but there was some nice pasta with a choice of sauces, salad, rice, chips and soup.

We would definately eat here again although make sure you get there early as there was a long queue to get in when we left.

We ate here on Sunday 1st January at 7pm using our Half Board vouchers.

Staff were rather unfriendly and it appears that even if you make a reservation this doesn't matter as they did not want my reference nor did we have a reserved table or high chair which was requested.

Food choice here is brilliant, especially for meat eaters.

Choice (of what I can remember) was Quice, Ribs, Sausages, Corn, Baked Potatoes, Chips, Fish pieces, Pizza, Chicken Nuggets, Soup and Salmon.

All three of us ate until we couldn't move and I have had two excellent experiences at this buffet and would highly recommend this restuarant to anyone.

We ate here twice during our recent stay (Feb 09). We didn't book, but ate before 8pm both times due to tired kids, and didn't have to queue for more than a couple of minutes.

I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of food on offer. It's an unlimited buffet and you get a wrist band to show that you've paid. The kids both got a free pack of Disney playing cards too.

You can choose one soft drink, but there is also a water cooler with jugs and glasses available by the bar area.

I will outline the savoury vegetarian options (being veggie!), but there were plenty of meat options (stew, chicken pieces, sausages, roast pork, meatballs, poached/grilled fish, nuggets etc) for those who like that sort of thing!

There were several veggie salads which were very tasty: green salad, chickpea salad, roasted veg salad, pesto pasta salad, coleslaw. A few other salads contained fish/meat so if you're veggie, you have to have a good look, before you help yourself.

For mains there were jacket potatoes (served right next to the meat but wrapped in foil), corn on the cob, chips, pasta with a separate tomato sauce, rice, bread, and margarita pizza. There was also a separate cheese board area, next to the deserts, with plenty of brie, a blue cheese, goats cheese and grated cheese.

The deserts are lovely and there is a huge choice! Off the top of my head I can remember: chocolate tart, lemon meringue pie, apricot tart, a few other fruit flans/tarts, about 3 or 4 different gateaux (the chocolate one was delicious), chocolate mousse, cold rice pudding, creme caramel, donuts, chocolate custard...and fresh whole fruit (apples, grapes, pears, bananas).

Please note this buffet restuarant is now Reservation Only.

Reservations can be made in advance at City Hall or at any Hotel Concierge.

Be aware that there are large queues at the Cheyenne Concierge in the evening as people try and book for that night.

After all the positive reviews about this restaurant we decided to travel down to the Cheyenne to try it. We ate here on Monday 15th June at 7.15pm. We had booked for 7.30pm but arrived early which was no problem as there were plenty of seats. We were given orange wrist bands and our drinks orders taken and then we went through to the food. There is a large selection to choose from here which was all really nice especially the salmon, ribs and new potatoes which were fantastic. A couple of the items could have done with being a bit warmer but everything was cooked through. The soup was also really nice with croutins and 2 types of cheese to accompany it. As with all the buffets for pudding they had cheese but no biscuits which i found slightly odd. Drinks were collected on showing your receipt at the end of the food buffet but there was a free water machine located in the restaurant which we thought was good. This buffet definately had the most variety and choice and the food was good. If you are staying at this hotel or the Santa Fe i would definately try it. We were at the Sequoia Lodge but were going to the garage next door to the Santa Fe for provisions anyway so it made sense to try the buffet. We are glad we have tried it and would definately consider this restaurant in the future.

Unfortunately I did not take many photos of the food but I would just like to say that we ate here twice as we enjoyed it so much! I think it was about 21 euros for all you can eat buffet and a drink. There was a lot of choice for meat eaters - off the top of my head, there was pasta, bolognese sauce, salmon, sliced pork, beef stew, meatballs, chicken thighs and drumsticks, BBQ ribs, chips, baked potato, sweetcorn, mixed olives, couscous, chicken nuggets, and pizza. I am sure I have missed things out as there was a lot of choice!

Picture256_1229x922.jpg

There was a lovely selection of dessersts also and the plate above shows some of them. I know that the plate on the right does not look particuarly appetising :lmao: However it was really nice and creamy milk and white chocolate mousse! There was also chocolate tarts and various other little fruity/chocolate cake treats as well as a cheesebaord and yoghurt.

We ate here at around 7 and it was practically empty so we didnt really need our reservation. However, an hour later and we would have definitely needed it as it was heaving by then and there was a big queue of people who hadnt made reservations who looked like they had a long wait.

As i said, we ate here twice as the food was really fresh and tasty and good value for money as for 21 Euros you could have as much starter, main course and dessert that you want as well as a drink.

We ate at Chuck Wagon Cafe at 8.30pm on Wednesday 28 October. We had reservation for 8pm so we were a little late but it wasn't a problem. We entered the restaurant and gave our name we then passed to the next till where we ordered our drinks and handed over our free dining vouchers. DH had 25cl of red wine at a supplement of 2 euros instead of a soft drink so we paid for that with cash. We were given wristbands to show we had paid.

Drinks were collected from a small bar area after the food, there is a large bar selling drinks as well where DH got his wine by showing the receipt. Water was freely available from a dispenser near the bar.

There was a good choice of food and we enjoyed our meal and the Western theme of this restaurant. It was busy but not too noisy or overwhelming. We were very tired after a 6am start and a morning of travelling then an afternoon of walking/queuing in the park!

The boys were hungry and loaded up with carbohydrates, lots of pasta, mash and chips were consumed! Nice selections of salads, think there was soup too, bread rolls rather hard. Main courses included pasta with different sauces, meatballs, some nice paella-style rice, beef stew, ribs, chicken drumsticks, sausages, hotdogs, chicken nuggets and pizza. Desserts tasted rather similar to each other but the chocolate mousse and creme caramel were good, and doughnuts with chocolate sauce!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter