The Chicken Strip Debacle!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I just finished listening to the investigation into the chicken strip debacle currently plaguing the boards. I want to thank you all for taking the time to look into this for us. I'll be at the world in a few weeks and plan on getting whatever information I can as well.

There is another thread going on right now where many people are already using the email mentioned in the show to voice complaints.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1727990

I'm hesitant to think that this change was a part of the trans-fat/healthy options issue and really feel it is something having to do with cost.

With all that said, I am definitely glad to hear that this is only the case at Magic Kingdom. I remember chewing on the strippy goodies as a child all the way into my adulthood. The spicy crunchyness is what makes a WDW strip a little piece of heaven. ;) :lmao: After losing 110 pounds this past year, I'm not so sure how many strips or nuggets or NIBBLETS I'll be eating, but I still wanted to inform others.

Thanks again, everybody!

I just discovered a thread on the restaurants board about the change from white to wheat rolls. I'm shocked it wasn't as big of a deal as this chicken strip debacle!

I know the whole trans fat thing is a supposed issue with the strips...then why does my bag of tysons chicken strip proudly promote "0 grams trans fat"?

HA! Another teensy weensy bit of proof that they are discriminating against the crunchy bit o'love with false reasoning!

I was actually able to find the nutrition facts from tyson's website.

Serving Size 2 Pieces (92g)
Serv. Per Container 0.00 About 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 200
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%

their facts for nuggets were WAY more unhealthy!
Serving Size 5 Pieces (90g)
Serv. Per Container 0.00 About 3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 280
Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Cholesterol 50mg 17%

OK - I'm now wishing I knew more about "River Country." *ahem* :teeth: I'm just sayin'....

<snort> Oh no, you didn't! You're bad, bad, bad. Now, come sit right over here by me, and take care not to dislodge the salt on my margarita.... lol....

OK - I'm now wishing I knew more about "River Country." *ahem* :teeth: I'm just sayin'....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter