The Cheyenne -V- Hotel New York

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
Few questions:

If you had to chose between the Cheyenne and Hotel New York which would you choose and why?

What extras does the Hotel New York have for the extra cost?

If you book and get the free half board meal vouchers is the value of the meal voucher higher if you stay in Hotel New York over The Cheyenne?

Stayed in both, depending in the price difference i.e. if its not much more then I would personally choose the HNY due to the swimming pool and being closer to the parks.

The Cheyenne has been recently refurbished or nearly finishing its refurbishment. The HNY was meant to be done before the Cheyenne but has been switch around as the plan is the close the HNY completely when it undergoes its refurbishment.

Not sure about the vouchers as never had them but in the past the HNY is a higher rated hotel so got vouchers worth slightly more then the Cheyenne & Santa Fe.

We've stayed both and prefer the HNY for these reasons

Closer to parks, can easily walk everywhere. This is the primary reason we stay here. I know you can walk form Cheyenne too but at the end of a tiring day HNY is so much closer. I love not needing to get on a bus and nip back to the hotel if needed.

Air con - for us this is a must in warmer weather.

Larger rooms - two doubles in HNY, also with desk space and small table & chairs. Ample space for travel cot if needed.

Larger bathroom - double sinks, more space generally. Extra large towels too!

Room service if desired

Swimming pool - great for a rest on hot afternoons

Breakfast- aware this has changed now, but much better experience in that you're shown to a table instead of wandering round with a tray to find a spare seat. Also hot items available.

With all of the above I'd still consider Cheyenne again, but not during summer. It's a nice hotel, lovely theming too. Rooms just a tad small and not many facilities.

I suppose it just depends what you prefer. Some people literally just sleep in the room so aren't fussed about size etc and others like lounging around a bit.

Half board is standard at Cheyenne and plus at HNY, so yes it's worth more face value at HNY.

I agree with above, if it's affordable HNY is a nicer hotel. However, newly refurbished rooms at Cheyenne are appealing and they do now have air conditioning. We're looking forward to trying the new rooms, but I would upgrade if I could justify/afford the extra cost!
To add; HNY will be refurbished soon and prices will go up. It may be worth staying there now while it's relatively cheaper!

If you had to chose between the Cheyenne and Hotel New York which would you choose and why?
I'd base it on whether I'd be likely to use the pool, room service, gym etc and whether the closer location of the HNY was an important factor. Then I'd be working out where I planned on eating - whether I'd be choosing standard plan restaurants or plus/premium plan ones.

We don't tend to use many of the pools or facilities but the convenience in location for HNY was a massive plus to us, our stay there was brilliant

The other advantage of New York is that everything is under the one roof. Cheyenne is a series of buildings (rooms are motel style but with inside coridoors) which means you have to go outside to get to the restaurant, shop, bar, reception etc. This doesnt bother some people but if you are going in colder months its worth bearing in mind as it means you tend to have to put your coat etc on to go to breakfast etc

Thanks all for the tips. I'm not sure I could pull myself away from the Cheyenne but my trip buddy mentioned wanting to stay at the New York for a change.

Main things that caught my eye were the pool. Does it close at a certain time? We would probably be going in winter but I figured if it wasn't closed it might be nice to go to after a day at the parks.

Also I would be hoping to do a character breakfast one day and I noticed a massive price difference for that between the Cheyenne vouchers and NY vouchers.

I'm now between these two and Sequoia :rotfl2:

Question though on the hotels that have pools what time do the indoor pools stay open til in Winter months?

Last edited:
It's usually 10 pm. For a while they didn't open till 3 pm, but not sure if they've gone back to earlier opening now.

It's usually 10 pm. For a while they didn't open till 3 pm, but not sure if they've gone back to earlier opening now.

That was a few years back, I remember on my last trip when we stayed at Sequoia lodge the pool opened in the morning

Be prepared for the water to be cold. Even in summer it can be nippy.

Be prepared for the water to be cold. Even in summer it can be nippy.
Everything about Paris is cold in winter lol. I just figured if parks are closing at 7 like last time it'd be something to do in the evening :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter