The Changes Coming to Hollywood Studios and Epcot

sabodriver17

Earning My Ears
This seemed like the most accurate category to post this, but if not, please forgive me.

I was hoping to gather some information and opinions on the developments coming to Epcot and HS.

As I understand it, Epcot is Walt Disney World's own World's Fair. Since the World's Fair played such a significant role in Disney history, Epcot evolved to become a theme park version of it since Walt's vision of Epcot couldn't come to fruition. So, Epcot is the modern day World's Fair, with the breakthrough technologies in Future World and the pavilions from each nation in World Showcase.

I am all for making improvements to the parks, but I don't want those to come at a sacrifice to the parks' stories. Epcot is the World's Fair. Is the Guardians of Galaxy attraction going to play along to that theme? That is my concern. I think Frozen and the coming Ratatouille ride fit well, or at least well enough, to fit into the World's Fair theme. I just haven't seen how Guardians of Galaxy will contribute, but maybe I'm wrong, or perhaps I'm just nitpicking, but it's just my two cents.

With all of the changes coming to Hollywood Studios, I hope it develops a clearer story. It's always been a thrown together park to some extent, created to compete with Universal Orlando, and I've never been able to see the story of Hollywood Studios as clearly as in the other three parks. Perhaps I'm just missing it, though. I hope that the new attractions coming to HS and other possible minor renovations could clear that up.

I hope I'm not being to critical, but it is something I am passionate about, because I don't want Disney to turn into a Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter