• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Carving Station?

Scotch said:
I agree that charging for toddlers even may very well be a sign that they are trying to discourage young eaters, but it seems at odds with a mid-range all you can eat restaurant. We're not talking about fine dining here. Even the upscale Texas de Brazil charges free for kids under 6. Anyway, there are many places to eat in Orlando so no need for us to go to a toddler unfriendly place if that is the case.

Disney restaurants are free for kids under 3 and offer a child pricing for ages 3-9.

This restaurant offers kids price for children under 12. Parents with a 2 year old pay more, parents with kids who are 10 and 11 pay less.

Scotch said:
so that would technically include a baby! .
Thank goodness they didnt charge my 3 month old! :rotfl: I think this is a bad policy for a orlando restaurant. The OP suggested maybe they do not want children but this place is far from fancy and has a seperate childrens buffet. :confused3 Oh well we tried,

Still have yet to make it in here, but drove by last night; they have replaced the vinyl banners with hideous, huge neon signs. Gawdy does not begin to describe them. At least it will be easy to find now.

AYCE prime ribs ? might just go there for xmas :)

just confirmed that dinner is $24.95 for adult.

Remember, in order to allow kids to eat free, adults usually have to pay more. Restaurant fixed costs are high (salaries, rent/mortgage, promotion, equipment etc.) - that has nothing to do with the cost of food, which is variable compared to the number of diners. A restaurant needs to bring in a certain mount of revenue every week to pay its bills, and if they price the food low for adults and also give kids under 3 free meals, they may not be able to cover their costs. From what I'm reading, the Carving Station is extremely reasonable for adults. The cheaper buffets around that do have low prices and free meals also have lower overheads. I don't think it's unreasonable - it's just a different pricing structure.

That said, if you have other options that you perceive to be just as good, for similar adult price, but they allow your young children to eat for free, then who can blame you for choosing those instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter