The Building of the Fantasy Continues...

My4PhillyGirls

College Dad
If you go to the meyerwerft shipyard cam you can now see the first blocks of the fantasy in place right in front of the Celebrity Ship:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Joe

I was checking up on Celebrity Ship and noticed that they moved the ship closer to the float out stage. Making room for the Fantasy Construction. If you want the website here it is. http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=2&subs=0&did=826

They actually floated the Celebrity ship out of the building and floated the first block of the Fantasy into the dock. There are pics at CruiseCritic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351252

I thought I heard the keel laying is scheduled for Feb 4th but the link above says it is today.

Just thought I would post that it looks like they have moved the Silhouette to the far end of the dry dock at Meyer Werft and you can see parts of the Fantasy now in front of the Silhouette. If anyone has any additional information please post it in here so we can all follow the construction! :)

Cruising the Fantasy on 4/14/12!

That is so neat!

I was on the Celebrity Eclipse (sister ship of the silhouette) and it reminded me of DCL more than any other ship I've been on -- really classy ship and lots of attention to detail..

Anyone know where they floated in the new sections of the Fantasy from? I'm wondering where they were being assembled. Perhaps at Neptune Werft?

After you check the webcam, click on 'panorama' and 'building dock 2' - one of the funnels is there! popcorn::

Anyone know where they floated in the new sections of the Fantasy from? I'm wondering where they were being assembled. Perhaps at Neptune Werft?

I think that is the name of MW other yard, and would be my guess. They made some parts of the Dream out there also and brought them down the river, like at least 1 of the funnels, her radar masts and a few other things.

After you check the webcam, click on 'panorama' and 'building dock 2' - one of the funnels is there! popcorn::

I think that is a dated picture from when the Dream was being built. The Silouhette is in the same drydock, and you dont see her in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter