The Boat May Be A Rockin'

lugnut33

DIS Veteran
I'm signed up for Podcast Cruise 3 and one of my big fears is getting into some big waves. Checking the seas for the PCC2 I see the boat may be rockin', and not in the good way. Here's what National Weather Svc is saying:

AND 8 TO 12 FT (waves) W OF
BAHAMAS.

Those are some pretty big waves. Would like to know what it's like on the ship with those kinds of waves. Everyone doing OK?

I was on a cruise with some rocky seas several years ago and I was sooo sick. I would love to do a Disney cruise but I'm too scared about being seasick again. Even the memory of it is making my stomach lurch right now. I hope those of the podcast cruise are not seasick but are having a great time.

I may be wrong but I do not think 8 to 12 ft waves are that high for a cruise..I vaguely rmemeber when i was on pcc 1.0 they had a tv channel that would tell you the weather and what the waves were..i kinda remember that being the norm but like i said I know nothing about waves etc so i could be totally wrong

on pcc 1.0 it was only somewhat wavy two times and I think it was when the ship crosses over into the carribean border..I remember it being a little wavy the first night at dinner and the last night of the cruise

From what I see posted, the seas have been too rough to even leave Nassau.

As usual first night was a little bumpy (a few waves were in the 15 foot range)...the wind has been the challenge (40 Knotts... The harbor at Nassau was a sight to behold. White caps everywhere... We got in but another ship could not...

Having a great time (rolling with the changing schedules) DCL and the DIS is working to keep us entertained and above all safe..

We may get into Castaway on Wednesday :thumbsup2

Checked the weather as far as temps go. Glad you all are safe and sound.

When we cruised Jan of 2008 we had 17 foot seas the first night. There were lots of sick people but we wore Sea Bands and took the sea sick pills and we all fine. We only had half a day at CC as it was almost too rough to dock there. Hope all or ok and still having fun even with the weather complications.

Well, I can't think of a better place to get motion sickness...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter