The best sit down restaurant at MK that you've never heard of is

Dolby1000

Feel free to call me Ocean Wave
The Plaza.

No characters, no Beauty and Beast, no buffet, only 33 tables and hidden behind the ice cream shoppe out of view so that no one really knows it is there yet it has outstanding food and service. It is probably the easiest of the sit downs to reserve (we got a reservation, in August, only 2 days ahead of our visit) and well worth your time.

The menu is pretty American, meatloaf, burger and sandwiches but the food is excellent. Did you know they have an all-you-can-drink shake? We started with the Loaded Plaza Fries (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, mayonnaise and bacon) which were a big hit. DW than had the Philly Cheese steak and I had honey-baked brisket and mac-n-cheese. This brisket dish was perfection.

We skipped the shake but did have coke floats as dessert. Our server was outstanding as was the management of the restaurant. We were not rushed at all.

Highly recommend the Plaza, don't use it as substitute when you can't get BOG, use it as a primary source of delicious food in a quiet atmosphere.

OWD

We also really like The Plaza. We tend to book there when we have a larger group, as it is usually pretty easy for everyone to find something they like. I also think the portions are a good size for sharing, especially if you each get a milkshake or dessert.

We are going to have lunch at The Plaza for the first time during our Nov. trip. I am really looking forward to it.

The Plaza.

No characters, no Beauty and Beast, no buffet, only 33 tables and hidden behind the ice cream shoppe out of view so that no one really knows it is there yet it has outstanding food and service. It is probably the easiest of the sit downs to reserve (we got a reservation, in August, only 2 days ahead of our visit) and well worth your time.

The menu is pretty American, meatloaf, burger and sandwiches but the food is excellent. Did you know they have an all-you-can-drink shake? We started with the Loaded Plaza Fries (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, mayonnaise and bacon) which were a big hit. DW than had the Philly Cheese steak and I had honey-baked brisket and mac-n-cheese. This brisket dish was perfection.

We skipped the shake but did have coke floats as dessert. Our server was outstanding as was the management of the restaurant. We were not rushed at all.

Highly recommend the Plaza, don't use it as substitute when you can't get BOG, use it as a primary source of delicious food in a quiet atmosphere.

OWD

Glad to hear it's good, but it's not so easy for me to get an ADR, and I was 2 months out when I started trying. There was one time available, so I took it, but it's really late for lunch and I've been trying to change it ever since. I'll be solo, so I've tried for one, for two, no luck.

Glad to hear it's good, but it's not so easy for me to get an ADR, and I was 2 months out when I started trying. There was one time available, so I took it, but it's really late for lunch and I've been trying to change it ever since. I'll be solo, so I've tried for one, for two, no luck.

I think part of the problem is that for a while (and perhaps still) they experimented with taking walk-ups only for much of the day. I’m not sure that anyone has figured out what their current “formula” is. It’s worth stopping in and asking on your way up Main St if you don’t find a more desirable ADR time beforehand.

For a while I could not get a reservation after 4:00 PM then I was looking and saw they were booking all evening again. Had a reservation for Friday Sept 28th at 4:00 and was able to book it for 6:00. This is the ADR we get for our last full day at the parks. We always finish our last day at MK and try to always get the Plaza for our last sit down meal. We leave on Saturday 9/29 on a 3:00 flight so Saturday morning is packing and catching a noon ME back to the airport. A Rubein and a Hot Fudge Sundae always seem to end our visit nicely. Wife always gets the Banana Split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter