• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The best flavors of Gu Energy Gels

satman1962

Mouseketeer
For me:

Number 1 especially for chocolate lovers, Chocolate Outrage.

Number 2, Vanilla Bean.

I know it's a matter of taste.....

what are yours?

See you at the Wine and Dine Half! :thumbsup2

Jay

My favorite is Pineapple Roctane. But, I also love the Blueberry Pomegranate. I don't really like any of their regular flavors. They just added Chocolate Raspberry Roctane which may be something chocolate lovers may be interested in.

I dont like the gu's in general (I wear too much of it haha) but like both gu and cliff's chews. Especially black cherry cliff (has caffeine which seeing as I dont drink coffee or soda perks me right up haha) and blueberry pomegranate gu chews.

I really like Chocolate Outrage and Espresso Love if I'm using GU. I typically use mocha clif shots since they are handed out on the course at Disney and slightly cheaper than GU to buy in bulk.

Strawberry Banana. I like the Mandarin Orange but the caffeine in it doesn't agree with me. DBF loves the Mint Chocolate.

My running store recommended Chocolate Mint when it came go GU. It was.. okay. As someone previously said, it tasted like and had the consistency of cake icing. I'm just not sure that's what I was hoping for :)

My running store recommended Chocolate Mint when it came go GU. It was.. okay. As someone previously said, it tasted like and had the consistency of cake icing. I'm just not sure that's what I was hoping for :)

There are some people who don't like GU and use other forms of fuel. There are GU chomps and Clif shot bloks that are more of a large fruit snack consistency. I usually supplement my GU with Sports beans, which taste like Jelly beans, but are made for athletes.

There are some people who don't like GU and use other forms of fuel. There are GU chomps and Clif shot bloks that are more of a large fruit snack consistency. I usually supplement my GU with Sports beans, which taste like Jelly beans, but are made for athletes.

I use all three products mentioned above. I start out with Clif Shots, but after a few of them, I can't stand the sticky sweetness any more, so I switch to the Bloks. Then I finish up with Sport Beans when I get tired of the Bloks. :)

If you do decide to take Gu - just make sure you take it at a water stop. I saw people on the DL Half course last weekend taking it without anything and they were having some issues. I prefer to take my Gu like a pill - a gel, sticky, weird textured pill. ;)

If you do decide to take Gu - just make sure you take it at a water stop. I saw people on the DL Half course last weekend taking it without anything and they were having some issues. I prefer to take my Gu like a pill - a gel, sticky, weird textured pill. ;)

Definitely! I noticed during the princess that there were lots of partially use gels on the ground after the food stop. I wondered if they were from people who didn't know to wash down the gel with some water. My first time using a gel was on a run where I was almost out of water. I think I ran a little faster trying to get home for a drink!

I like the Jet Blackberry and Triple Berry, but like the Jet Blackberry best. The idea of a gooey chocolate anything kinda scares me, lol.

Pj

I find Gu is too thick a consistency for me, but I like raspberry Hammer Gel and Honey Stinger regular flavor. I tried Honey Stinger strawberry and I found out strawberry and honey don't exactly mix in flavor.

I have tried a variety and find that vanilla gu sits best in my stomach. I take a gu every 7 miles or so and if I feel I need something else I use chomps. Can't decide which flavor chomps I like best, currently on an apple cranberry kick.

I also find Gu is too thick a consistency for me, even with lots of water.

Clif Shot BLOKS are great for me. Raspberry, black cherry, and lemon lime are my favorites.

For me, although the gu is a thick consistency, it doesn't have to be chewed like the bloks or beans...is it just me? I get irritated when the jellies are sticking to my teeth and also find it harder to keep a good rhythm breathing and chewing if I'm going at a good run pace.

Anyone else?

I can't help but think of that saying about not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time... :)

For me, although the gu is a thick consistency, it doesn't have to be chewed like the bloks or beans...is it just me? I get irritated when the jellies are sticking to my teeth and also find it harder to keep a good rhythm breathing and chewing if I'm going at a good run pace.

Anyone else?

I can't help but think of that saying about not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time... :)

You're not the only one. Even when I was in the best shape of my life for college sports, I couldn't run and talk without getting a massive side cramp. Some people can talk for hours, but not me.

Definitely! I noticed during the princess that there were lots of partially use gels on the ground after the food stop.

This is definitely off the original topic.. but does anyone else have a pet peeve about the gels on the ground? :) I have friends that see the flat gel things littering the ground and point at me and say, "runner!" I was just curious if either there are too few trash cans along the course, or if people just happen to be litterbugs..

George

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter