The best Disney World restaurants to visit on a child's birthday?

Joey A.

DISvet01
What are the best Disney World restaurants to visit on a child's birthday? The best overall experience, not simply a free dessert.

Totally depends on the child and their interests. My DD16 would say her best was California Grill for her 9th birthday. We had a fireworks view table and I ordered a custom cake to be delivered to the table. She was in a Cinderella inspired dress I custom made for her, and the cake was the chocolate slipper on a pillow. It was pure magic. DD has been a foodie since birth and loves fine dining. For another kid, Cali might be a horrible choice. All the restaurants will do something. I would pick based on the what the child enjoys, Coral Reef is great for kids who love the ocean, ect.

Hoop Dee Doo is perfect for a birthday. Irrespective of age actually. There is a special "Happy Birthday" part of the show and the cast are very good with getting people involved.

Knowing a little more about the child would be helpful, but I will also put in a vote for Hoop Dee Doo. It is so much fun and they take time out of the show to recognize birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The whole experience is a little bit more special than simply eating in a restaurant to celebrate a birthday.

Age? Gender? Interest in characters?

Hello, He will be turning 6. No real interest in specific characters. He doesn’t mind meeting them, but it is not that important to him. I think he would prefer having extra interaction with the cast members.

Definitely depends on the child. My youngest loves the Hibachi type restaurants.

I agree that this largely depends on the child. Our children have birthdays that can't possibly be celebrated at Disney at this time in our lives, but if that were to change, it would be very different experiences for my children.
My younger one would like anything with the characters. ANYTHING. It wouldn't matter if it were princesses or the fab five. He would honestly like Star Wars more than anything, but he loves meeting those characters.
Older child would like something that involves a really cool dessert like at the T-Rex.

Thank you, We had considered Rainforest Cafe for the “VOLCANO!!” cake and the surroundings.

Hello, He will be turning 6. No real interest in specific characters. He doesn’t mind meeting them, but it is not that important to him. I think he would prefer having extra interaction with the cast members.
Consider T-REX Cafe!

We celebrated MY birthday at WDW. The best cast (and character) interaction we had to celebrate it was at Tusker House Breakfast

You may also want to consider Whispering Canyon Cafe - they do some antics there (ask for ketchup) and the CMs tend to be very interactive.

We just ask our kids where they want to go. One has picked 'Ohana, one has picked CRT. I don't have boys, but from what I hear they seem to like T-Rex, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, etc.

At 6 y.o., T-Rex, Coral Reef, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys.
Even kids who are not "into" characters, enjoy meeting Mickey and friends.

My kids have always enjoyed a meal with a view of fireworks. We booked a fireworks timed dinner for our younger one at California Grill as her big 4th bday meal. We did other things and dined other fun places, but that's where we had her big cake delivered (worked with the Contemporary bakery) and sang happy birthday.

Chef Mickey’s does a big birthday/celebrating dance during the meal. Make sure your server knows it’s his birthday, and they will bring out a cupcake with sprinkles during that part. Everyone gets up and waves their napkins, and it’s likely they will notice the cupcake and add a little extra to it during the song. It’s different every time, but we’ve had a signed card from the characters, an added character interaction, and a server ask everyone around to yell “Happy Birthday,” all on separate visits.

We are going in May for my sons 4th bday and bringing our son to Trex cafe on his bday in Disney springs. It's also our arrival day so I dont have to make an ADR with my Lamdrys card!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter