The Bachelor — Pilot Pete

So I watched the Women Tell All Monday night. Did Victoria get "closure" on why Peter let her go? Somehow I missed it, maybe drowsed off.
He told her that all of the feelings he had for her were "real" but something along the lines of his heart wasn't as far along with her as it was with the other girls. She also admitted to being really difficult to deal with and took a lot of responsibility for not moving the relationship along. They seemed to be on good terms.

I just read this whole thread and like most of you am soooo curious about who Pete's mother is referring to when she tearily says, "Bring her home to us." Someone's statement (on page 4 I believe) about how his parents were "giddy" about his 4 times in the windmill with Hannah got me thinking . . . see where I'm going lol? Has anyone thought that Hannah might make another appearance in this season and Pete gives her the final rose?!?! I mean Chris Harrison said no one would see it coming . . . :scratchin

I just read this whole thread and like most of you am soooo curious about who Pete's mother is referring to when she tearily says, "Bring her home to us." Someone's statement (on page 4 I believe) about how his parents were "giddy" about his 4 times in the windmill with Hannah got me thinking . . . see where I'm going lol? Has anyone thought that Hannah might make another appearance in this season and Pete gives her the final rose?!?! I mean Chris Harrison said no one would see it coming . . . :scratchin
I doubt it, mostly because Hannah was filming Dancing with the Stars during the time Peter was filming in other countries. Her schedule would not have allowed her to travel internationally, especially not as far as Australia. Its possible some post-filming meet-up took place that they could show, but that would have happened after the final rose ceremony.

My money is it is Maddie they are talking about for sure. She was so on the fence about even going through to this final round, her "How?" question in the preview implies that she is even less sure then, and we know there is some big bombshell where he is left at the final rose spot. She also has met his family once before, towards the beginning of the season, so they are already familiar with her, and I'm sure they will be charmed once they hang out with her for a bit. I bet he picks her, sends the other girl home, and then ends up shocked that she actually left in the middle of the night.

I doubt it, mostly because Hannah was filming Dancing with the Stars during the time Peter was filming in other countries. Her schedule would not have allowed her to travel internationally, especially not as far as Australia. Its possible some post-filming meet-up took place that they could show, but that would have happened after the final rose ceremony.

So her appearances at the beginning of the show were done before she started filming DWTS? I always get a little confused on the timelines lol.

So her appearances at the beginning of the show were done before she started filming DWTS? I always get a little confused on the timelines lol.
No, she was filming DWTS at the time, but the date she appeared on was filmed in LA where DWTS is also filmed, so she was able to do it.

I almost fell off my couch when Peter said that Madison was "selfless". Yo, bro. The adjective you're looking for is "selfISH". A selfless person doesn't lay down ultimatums on a show where her boyfriend is dating 2 other women.

AND THEN he told Hannah Ann that he liked that she was "selfless". <smh>

Ok, I have been semi watching this show -- I fast forward though a lot because it was too much for me. But I caught last nights episode, omg ... the mom. MOM!! Really, crying over a girl you just met? I get you want your son to be happy and you see the warning signs with Madison, but blubbering isn't helping the situation. You said your peace and now you have to leave it in his hands. He is an adult, zip it!! I couldn't take her anymore. She just met the girl!

*jumps off soapbox*

I was disgusted by his mom’s behavior!
I talked to a friend tonight about it. She is one of the biggest lawnmower parents I know. Her heart is in a good place, but she does over the top things to smooth her kid’s path. Think: calling her kid’s college advisor to talk one on one about class selection. Even *she* said his mom was too involved.

I think the mom was trying to justify her actions (kept waiting 3 hours, was told by Madison that she wasn’t going to accept a ring, feeling like Madison didn’t want to meet them) but I kept on yelling at the TV “It’s not about you!” I hope that Peter and Madison are not immature enough to consider his family’s reluctance a challenge or it will certainly backfire on all of them.

I talked to a friend tonight about it. She is one of the biggest lawnmower parents I know. Her heart is in a good place, but she does over the top things to smooth her kid’s path. Think: calling her kid’s college advisor to talk one on one about class selection. Even *she* said his mom was too involved.

I think the mom was trying to justify her actions (kept waiting 3 hours, was told by Madison that she wasn’t going to accept a ring, feeling like Madison didn’t want to meet them) but I kept on yelling at the TV “It’s not about you!” I hope that Peter and Madison are not immature enough to consider his family’s reluctance a challenge or it will certainly backfire on all of them.

Agreed - but...I do think it's INCREDIBLY rude that Madison kept them waiting for 3 HOURS and never even apologized. Not someone I'd want as a friend, let alone a daughter-in-law.

I’m glad the mom voiced her concerns an at the end of the day she will come around. I do not like Madison an after the Mom said about how she kept them waiting she really didn’t apologize she doubled down on it had she apologized it may have smoothed things over a bit.

I keep wondering if the ending of this season - plus last season with Hannah B is why they went to Claire as their choice for Bachelorette. She’s more mature and probably knows what’s she’s looking for, and at this point in her life is truly ready to get engaged. Hopefully, the men will be similar.

Ari was a similar age, but pulled drama at the end- but, Clair has been around the franchise long enough that they know her.

I always thought that Peter was indecisive about the girls. Why would he have his mom come on the show if she would act that way? He was defending his feelings to his mother- yet he’s an adult. Bizarre. If I were Madison, I would run. Then again, it seems as though perhaps she is used to that sort of behavior from parents. Her parents didn’t seem to think the relationship had a chance either. What a train wreck.

Haven't been on this thread all season because I only watch sporadically and when I do I'm often weeks behind. I actually binged the 2 part finale tonight though. Boy was that was a lot to slog through! I keep saying I'm done with this show, after tonight I really need to stick to that.
I probably won't. :happytv:

I thought I was going to like Pilot Pete, but I haven't really been a fan. I'm not letting him off the hook completely, but watching mama Weber explains a lot. In a season of multiple villains to choose from she ends up being top villain for me. I understand she wants what's best for her son, but just wow! I now understand why Pete often let manipulative drama queen type behavior slide, he's totally used to that nonsense. I think she would be a terribly toxic mother-in-law, and that goes whether she liked the daughter-in-law or not, and particularly so if she didn't have any say in choosing said daughter-in-law. :oops:

Agreed - but...I do think it's INCREDIBLY rude that Madison kept them waiting for 3 HOURS and never even apologized. Not someone I'd want as a friend, let alone a daughter-in-law.

We also have to remember that we don't know if this was a Madison issue or a production issue. "Madison kept them waiting" could have been the result of 1,000 different things. Even if that is an issue, though, address it in private. There's absolutely no need for a grown woman to start a petty argument with a 23 year old (that her son loves) on national television. Barb is psycho and I was absolutely floored at the immaturity and disrespect she showed both Madison and her son.

I’m glad the mom voiced her concerns an at the end of the day she will come around. I do not like Madison an after the Mom said about how she kept them waiting she really didn’t apologize she doubled down on it had she apologized it may have smoothed things over a bit.

I have to disagree with you here. Mom has the right to her opinions. But those opinions - about a 23 year old girl who is struggling to figure out the rest of her life - should probably be shared in private with Peter and Madison. Those eye-rolls were beyond ridiculous. I don't think Madison doubled down on anything - she said she can't change the past (even though we don't have ANY context for anything the mom claimed), that she would have done things differently, and that she has nothing negative to say about his family. Honestly I can't really wrap my head around siding with mom on this one.

Last edited:
We also have to remember that we don't know if this was a Madison issue or a production issue. "Madison kept them waiting" could have been the result of 1,000 different things.

Exactly. :thumbsup2 Didn't Madison & Peter have a much needed talk when she arrived? I think for those 3 hours they were filming her talk with Peter.

I don't think the Mom understands how TV productions work. She was probably told to show up at a particular time. They did her hair, Put some makeup on her. Set the lights up and put on her microphone. Then she's supposed to wait till it's her scenes. She's not the star. Her son is, along with the chosen 2. They were off having their conversation, and she blamed it on Madison keeping them waiting, when it was the production deciding they were going to film their talk and take as long as it was going to take.

Do people really think a production crew would wait around for 3 hours for someone who's not there??? They are paid by the hour. Just because it's "reality TV" doesn't mean they don't have a schedule & budget to keep. A producter would have been with Madison the whole time.

Madison even said there were some things she didn't have control over which she couldn't say. That's why I think it was production hold ups.

Also, I don't think the Mom is as crazy as she appears to be. (She is a loon.) But, a lot of it is bad acting. She was on the show before with Hannah B right? She knows how this works. I think she found out she likes being in the limelight and all the drama. Which is why she ended up with a son who also felt he needed to go on TV to find love. :rolleyes: But, when she was crying over Hannah Ann, she was a dry crier. I think she played up all the drama, so people would be talking about her today. And we are.

She knows the majority of these romances don't last. And she is betting on it, so she can be right, in the end, that she was the first to say it.

I don't think Peter and Madison are well suited. They have too many differences. I'm not even sure Madison really wants Peter anymore. I think when Chris showed up at her place, she realized they wanted her to film another scene and be the Final 1. So she showed up for it. I wonder if she negotiated more money to fly back to L.A. for that scene by the pool?

Sure, they were happy to see each other. But, neither really seemed to be into it. It showed in their body language. Also sitting there with Chris last night. And they admitted they hadn't been having secret trysts that the show usually arranges for the couples until ATFR, where they can finally be together in public.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter