The app has it looking like a ghost town today 9/3

avalon451

Errrr... what?
Wow. I can't believe the wait times the app is showing! RSR at 4 p.m., 25 minute wait, and FP has a 15 minute return time???!! Crazy! I have NEVER seen it this low except right at opening.

I posted this over on the September thread, but I hope this holds for another 10 days. We'll be there next week!

Yeah, really low waits on the app, and most MPs have return times within 15 minutes. Weird that Soarin' (World) has the longest wait of anything at 45 minutes with late FP return time. Maybe one side went down?

Wow. I can't believe the wait times the app is showing! RSR at 4 p.m., 25 minute wait, and FP has a 15 minute return time???!! Crazy! I have NEVER seen it this low except right at opening.

I posted this over on the September thread, but I hope this holds for another 10 days. We'll be there next week!
The way you can really tell it’s empty is that even though it is miserably hot out, Splash and Grizzly are short. The heat is definitely helping to keep locals away, but apparently no one planned trips for this week, either!

I have surgical drains in or else I’d be dragging my kiddo over to ride Grizzly repeatedly. :rotfl2:

I’m on a few Passholder groups on Facebook and oddly haven’t seen many posts about people going after getting unblocked. Last year when people got unblocked it seemed like every other post was about heading to the park. We’ll see how tonight is after school and work.

I’m on a few Passholder groups on Facebook and oddly haven’t seen many posts about people going after getting unblocked. Last year when people got unblocked it seemed like every other post was about heading to the park. We’ll see how tonight is after school and work.
"It's going to be crazy when SW:GE opens"...
"It's going to be crazy when the reservation period ends"...
"It's going to be crazy when APs are unblocked"...
"It's going to be crazy once Halloweentime starts"...

"It's going to be crazy when SW:GE opens"...
"It's going to be crazy when the reservation period ends"...
"It's going to be crazy when APs are unblocked"...
"It's going to be crazy once Halloweentime starts"...
Right???

I still think October is going to be busy. I feel it in my bones from the number of “we’ll wait and go in the fall when things die down” plans I heard (from people in real life and online).

But... yeah. This week, man.

What has me really nervous is what’s going to get cut as a result of all of this. :sad2:

Right???

I still think October is going to be busy. I feel it in my bones from the number of “we’ll wait and go in the fall when things die down” plans I heard (from people in real life and online).

But... yeah. This week, man.

What has me really nervous is what’s going to get cut as a result of all of this. :sad2:
Same here. I've loved and benefitted from the low crowds, but now that it's resulting in some big cuts to the park... that's not good. Cutting stuff might balance the books in the short term, but the irony is that cutting experiences is not the way to get people back into the park long term.

I just did a hotel availability check for hotels near Disneyland. For September, there is still availability at the DLR hotels as well as several hotels on Harbor. The closer you get to October, the more the availability dwindles. Once you actually look at October, it dwindles even more. I know it doesn't say anything about how many locals will be attending in October, but it looks like there will definitely be more out-of-towners. I'm definitely going into my October trip expecting large crowds and will be pleasantly surprised if crowds are lighter than expected.

We were there Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Monday was so much less crowded than the weekend. Next year I’m giving the kids an extra day off and we are staying until Tuesday. Ha. Although I really think the heat is helping too..... it was so frigging hot this past weekend, especially yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter