The Anticipation is Excruciating!

AgentSweet

Earning My Ears
We haven't even booked the cruise yet! We're still waiting for the free DVD to come in!

The website said two to three weeks but it feels like forever :bored:Never has this family been so excited and disappointed by a trip to the mailbox!

We feel like we can't really start planning until this DVD comes in (we're not ever really sure what's on it? How to get started stuff we assume?) And even then we're gonna have to wait for the new itineraries to come out.

Help us, the waiting in eating away at our sanity!

:dance3:

Close your eyes find your comfy place take a deep breadth; in, out, in, out, in, out. Is it working yet?
But I do know what you mean, we have been on six Disney cruises and we're still just as excited for our upcoming seventh on the Dream in December, NEXT YEAR :crazy2:
Keep coming back to the DIS Boards, don't be afraid to ask questions (most of us don't bite), we (okay I) like to buy the current official Disney Cruise Line book for the year we are booked; keep going back to this over and over and over ......, I like to go to the DCL website and see what kind of excursions I can choose from (knowing they can change), and I excite (okay bore) plenty of people talking about it whenever I have the chance.

Hang in there it will be here sooner than you think :sail: pixiedust: :sunny:

:welcome:

u have arrived at the correct place for general info as well as minutia.

However, I advise you to browse the DCL site so you have a general grasp of what goes on and the general procedures. Also, the DVD is a fun (if not in-depth) source for info.

DON'T bother trying to figure out boarding procedures, dining rotations, etc. until you are close to NEEDING the info. You will/might go into overload and spinning heads have been known to occur.
Look at the room types, locations, length of crises, and destinations. THEN,once you have a base of knowledge, BOOK IT! You will not regret it.

And, when you get lost (as we all did...certainly me) ask away. Hardly any of us bite....

When are you planning on going?

This place is a good source of information for the most part. Probably better than DVD!

When are you planning on going?

This place is a good source of information for the most part. Probably better than DVD!

We've (Or more accurately, I've) read it's best to go during the off seasons and if we go during September we can celebrate two birthdays. But we're sure we won't be going until 2017 either way @-@

Half the fun is the planning and anticipation! We are going on cruise #7 soon and the anticipation and excitement are still as high as our first cruise (maybe even more so, since we know what to expect!) The Pass Porter for the Disney Cruise line is a good reference as well. Have fun planning!:dogdance:

If you think this part of the wait is excruciating....wait until your 60, 30, 20, 10, a week, day ...days away
!!! Oh and it's the same state of euphoria for when you can log on to book your cruise excursions....don't think I didn't stay up until midnight and do mine at 12:01AM! And scary thing is there a more lunatics like me on this forum!
I'm a crazed obsessed Disney Cruise lunatic! Im on the website and googling videos like 20 times a day.....I log onto Disboards before I sign into my work email account every morning. And I go onto my reservation every single morning to see for myself the message about how many days until my cruise! Meanwhile I can tell you how many hours, minutes to the second! I repeat this same ritual every night before bed....So anticipation and excitement is all part of the experience!! Once you get the DVD though you will not be satisfied, you will want more.....Welcome to the Obsession!

If you think this part of the wait is excruciating....wait until your 60, 30, 20, 10, a week, day ...days away
!!! Oh and it's the same state of euphoria for when you can log on to book your cruise excursions....don't think I didn't stay up until midnight and do mine at 12:01AM! And scary thing is there a more lunatics like me on this forum!
I'm a crazed obsessed Disney Cruise lunatic! Im on the website and googling videos like 20 times a day.....I log onto Disboards before I sign into my work email account every morning. And I go onto my reservation every single morning to see for myself the message about how many days until my cruise! Meanwhile I can tell you how many hours, minutes to the second! I repeat this same ritual every night before bed....So anticipation and excitement is all part of the experience!! Once you get the DVD though you will not be satisfied, you will want more.....Welcome to the Obsession!

Ditto ;)

How exciting-planning your first family cruise! Trust me, your DVD will come, felt like ours took forever as well. I agree that you will get so much helpful information from these boards that will make planning your trip a lot more fun. Enjoy planning and the anticipation of what is to come. I am waiting to plan our next one when winter 2017 dates are released! Ask any questions you have!!!

My husband is constantly showing me a new video! This is our 1st DC and it's a surprise for our girls! We sail out on Christmas Eve!!!

My husband is constantly showing me a new video! This is our 1st DC and it's a surprise for our girls! We sail out on Christmas Eve!!!

Oh you must be so excited! I love watching/reading about how people have surprised their kids with trips. I always get second hand excitement from it.

My cruise line app shows I am 20 days out from my vacation. Our cruise actually starts 2 days after that. The anticipation (we booked last November for this October) has been unbearable at times. But has been fun to watch those days decline. We have celebrated the big milestones (less than 300, less than 200, less than 100, etc.) I can't wait for single digits. I pacify my vacation jones with Travel Channel shows about Disney. I recently watched the reimagining of the Magic (or Wonder). It is great to see how much thought and work goes into making these ships perfect for everyone who travels on them. There was also a Food Network show about the food on the Dream that was quite eye-opening. We suprised our kids last year. We told them about an upcoming suprise and gave them clues- one per week for 6 weeks- then we finally told them the week before we left. They were so excited. This time they know about our trip, but we have a secret day at Animal Kingdom planned for the day we get back from the cruise. They will be suprised with this information when they wake up and have Safari Mickey shirts to wear that day. I think it is fun to suprise the kids, and even grown ups if possible. Mu husband didn't know about the last trip until right before we started giving the kids clues. After we discussed cruising one night, I told him I was going to book one and I did. Then about 3 months later I told him I had it booked. He is not a good secret keeper, so it never does any good for him to know about something that should be a suprise.

I know what you mean! We booked this past January (2015) for March 2016! And I'm keeping it a secret from our son...the anticipation is killing me! He has no idea. We even happened upon a DCL special on the TLC channel and watched and he asked if we could go. I told him it's just too expensive. ;)

I don't know what I'm more excited about....the cruise itself or seeing his face when he realizes we're going on a Disney cruise!

I know what you mean. My husband and I were talking one day and he said, "I want to go on a cruise." So, the next day, I start just researching Disney cruises and seeing when the cheapest cruise would be for, the places we wanted to go. I wanted a total price, with taxes and everything, so I filled out all the fields and click through the reservation process and then saw that I could book with no money down for 3 days, so I booked it! I then called my husband and told him that I booked a cruise, while biting my nails, convinced that he was going to panic due to money, but he was like, "Wow, that's great!" and then asked all the details!!!! We surprised our kids that evening with a call from Mickey Mouse telling them all about their upcoming cruise! We set sail in January and it seems like it is taking ffffffffffffoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr! Luckily, though, the holidays are fast approaching, and we all know how this time of year just seems to fly by! :dancer:party:

ut we're sure we won't be going until 2017 either way @-@

If you want to book a cruise for 2017, be prepared to wait even longer than what it takes for the planning DVD to arrive. Those itineraries have not been released yet. Most likely release dates will be late October 2015 for dates January - April 2017, March 2016 for dates April - August/September 2017 and then May 2016 for the rest of the year 2017. At least this is the pattern from the last two years, things can always change!

You will have lots of those moments I'm afraid....anticipating booking window to open (I have one more day for mine!), waiting for cruise documents to arrive (that one is excruciating), waiting until packing day, waiting the night before in the hotel, waiting in the terminal for them to call your boarding number!!!!!! Then you get on and it flies by!!!!!!!!! While it is excruciating, all the anticipation and waiting, it is sometimes one of the best parts of the trip. Planning and replanning on the dis helps me when I feel like it's going to be the death of me.....have a GREAT trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter