The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.... i was reading on page 1 that you can take any bus to any park and it will stop at Kidani after Jambo... is that correct?

I think the buses always stop at Kidani first then Jambo house. But you were asking about the shuttle right?

Yep, I was wondering about the shuttle first, then I saw on the first page about the bus stop. Ok, so it stops at Kidani first, that's good to know... I'm assuming we'll probably walk most of the time, we are walkers ;) but sometimes if the kids are really tired we might need it! THANKS :)

Yep, I was wondering about the shuttle first, then I saw on the first page about the bus stop. Ok, so it stops at Kidani first, that's good to know... I'm assuming we'll probably walk most of the time, we are walkers ;) but sometimes if the kids are really tired we might need it! THANKS :)

Going to Kidani from Jambo, take the DTD bus.

Going to Jambo from Kidani, take any park bus.

Kathy

Just thought I would check again :)

Ok, so I have read most of this thread this afternoon. I just want to verify. If we have a DVC 2 bedroom value in Jambo, a savannah view is possible? Can I request this? Will we have a balcony no matter what view we have?

There are 4 savannah view, 4 standard (pool) view, and 2 parking lot view. You can no longer request a view on value and concierge DVC rooms at Jambo.

Hello everybody!
Just wanted to pop in to say "Hi!" and: Just one month and two days until we check into AKL once more!!! :cool1:

And then just some more days before we get to walk down the aisle at the Wedding Pavilion! We are so excited, our home is wedding central right now and we are getting everything ready.

We can't wait! :banana:

Hello everybody!
Just wanted to pop in to say "Hi!" and: Just one month and two days until we check into AKL once more!!! :cool1:

And then just some more days before we get to walk down the aisle at the Wedding Pavilion! We are so excited, our home is wedding central right now and we are getting everything ready.

We can't wait! :banana:

Sounds exciting... Congrats on the renewal

Just got back and did the tour 9-13. It lasted 3 hours aprox 1 1/2 hr on Safari and 1/ 1/2 hr at Jiko. We absolutley loved it and am sure your DD will too. :woohoo:The safari has room for 12 ppl but we were fortunate and only had 5. 1 was an older teen who enjoyed it as well as the exotic foods at Jiko. Everybody tried everything and no one hated anything. They will substitute a non alcoholic beverage for her instead of wine.

Do you have to stay concierge to do the sunset savannah?

I tried looking into this, but there aren't a lot of details. Just cost and booking information. What is included for the $170/pp? Is it worth it?

We booked it for May.It´s a 90 minute tour with Animal Keepers through the AKL Savannahs on a Safari Vehicle followed by a Dinner at Jiko.I believe it´s 3 courses served family style.Groups are no more than 12.You can find more info onthe official Disneyworld.com site.Look under Dining and either AKL or special Dining events,(I thinks taht´s what it´s called).Hope,that helps a little.
Conny

We did the Wanyama Safari on Dec. 17th. We saw representatives of all of the savanna animals except for the red river hogs because they were being kept in the barns due to the cold weather. There were a total of 8 guests plus the two game keepers. It was fantastic and the meal at Jiko was delicious. I'll try to post more information plus pictures in the next week or two. For me, an animal lover, it was worth the price. There is tax added to the $170 p/p. Our total for 2 came to $358.36 all inclusive.

We booked it for May.It´s a 90 minute tour with Animal Keepers through the AKL Savannahs on a Safari Vehicle followed by a Dinner at Jiko.I believe it´s 3 courses served family style.Groups are no more than 12.You can find more info onthe official Disneyworld.com site.Look under Dining and either AKL or special Dining events,(I thinks taht´s what it´s called).Hope,that helps a little.
Conny

We did the Wanyama Safari on Dec. 17th. We saw representatives of all of the savanna animals except for the red river hogs because they were being kept in the barns due to the cold weather. There were a total of 8 guests plus the two game keepers. It was fantastic and the meal at Jiko was delicious. I'll try to post more information plus pictures in the next week or two. For me, an animal lover, it was worth the price. There is tax added to the $170 p/p. Our total for 2 came to $358.36 all inclusive.

Thank you both so much! I also read Thumper's trip report, which was very informative. Mom was easy to convince! ;)

One more question...I read that they only offer the sunrise safari on Sundays and Thursdays. Are there only certain days for this one too? Can I book it 180 days before or 90? (sorry, I guess that was 2)

Thank you again! :)

You can book the Wanyama Safari 180 days before the date of your safari. I booked in June for our December safari. Ours was on a Friday. I'm pretty sure they are at least 6 days a week, maybe all 7.

Here is the link from the official Disney site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wanyama-safari-resort-tour/

The phone number for the AKL Itinerary Planning Office is 407-938-4755. When you hear the phone prompts press #3 on your phone.

You can book the Wanyama Safari 180 days before the date of your safari. I booked in June for our December safari. Ours was on a Friday. I'm pretty sure they are at least 6 days a week, maybe all 7.

Here is the link from the official Disney site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wanyama-safari-resort-tour/

The phone number for the AKL Itinerary Planning Office is 407-938-4755. When you hear the phone prompts press #3 on your phone.

Thank you! When you called, did they mention anything about the weather? We're going in the summer, and I'm afraid they'll cancel if it's raining. That would be a huge disappointment!

They have that weather disclaimer in the written material but they told me that it is rarely cancelled. Severe thunderstorms would be a problem as would hurricanes. Other than for those they pretty much go rain or shine. They even said the rain can be some of the best times because the animals are out enjoying the rain.

Below are a few of my many photos taken while on the Wanyama Safari. The ostrich came after my purple fleece that was tied around a post on our vehicle shortly after he spotted it. I don't have any pictures of that as I was desperately trying to shue him away - it was a riot. I'm sorry that I was so engrossed in converstation during our meal that I forgot to take photos of the platters as they were brought to the table. I did get one shot of my plate of entrees after I had taken the first few bites. If you're celebrating something special be sure to note it in your reservation. The final picture shows our anniversary treat served just after the desserts were brought to everyone.

giraffeclose-up.jpg

zebra.jpg

ostrich.jpg

giraffeeating.jpg

roanantelope.jpg

Jikoentrees.jpg

dessertandanniversarytreat.jpg

Kathy,thank you! I hadn't really thought about the animals playing in the rain. I feel much better now! It sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to do it! They should send you back for free for doing such a good job recommending it! :) Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Kathy,thank you! I hadn't really thought about the animals playing in the rain. I feel much better now! It sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to do it! They should send you back for free for doing such a good job recommending it! :) Thank you so much! :goodvibes

We did have a wonderful time and if we got sent back for free - now that would truly magical!

My magical moment came when I was selected from the audience at the "Flights of Wonder" show in Animal Kingdom earlier that very afternoon to be one of the two people up on stage when a giant bird flew above us. The bird didn't follow the exact flight path as described so I didn't capture him flying at us but my DH shot a photo from his iPhone. And since neither of us chosen to be part of the show got our photos of the bird in flight we were given the opportunity to photo him on his perch.

flightsofwonder.jpg

FOWbird.jpg

Just came on here to express my excitement at an upcoming AKL stay with my mother. She hasn't taken a vacation since 2004 (our last family trip to WDW). She's been working very hard as a caretaker for my father (as well as managing my grandmother's affairs) and she really deserves this break! We'll be splurging on either a savanna or Arusha view for two nights in early March -- all she can really get away for. She LOVED the Animal Kingdom park last time we came, and I can't wait to share this with her!

OK AKV question...we are renting points and staying in a studio. Do the studios have dishes? I know there are no dishwashers so I'm thinking there may be some disposables. If so, can we request more at the desk? Or should I add some disposables to my grocery order? We just plan to feed the kids breakfast early in the morning---milk, yogurt, mini bagels, etc. Nothing fancy, but dishes would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter