The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodvibes I have a request noted for a high floor, I didn't think it would be bad, but travelling a lot for work i'm amazed at the things you hear through the walls and doors of hotel rooms. Some of which I wouldn't want to have to explain to a three year old! Hopefully he'll be able to sleep soundly after being so tired, if we can calm him down from being so excited to be at this favorite place! Having stayed in the Garden Wing and loved it, we hope we'll like this even more.:)

:goodvibes I have a request noted for a high floor, I didn't think it would be bad, but travelling a lot for work i'm amazed at the things you hear through the walls and doors of hotel rooms. Some of which I wouldn't want to have to explain to a three year old! Hopefully he'll be able to sleep soundly after being so tired, if we can calm him down from being so excited to be at this favorite place! Having stayed in the Garden Wing and loved it, we hope we'll like this even more.:)
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderfull time staying there.

Hopping in to the new thread.

I've got two upcoming stays at the CR booked. 8/4-8/10, DS and I will be staying Tower-MK view to celebrate his 18th birthday. Then I've got a stay booked in November for an annual continuing ed conference that I go to every year and my husband will actually be going along with me (he loathes Disney....it's his one flaw).

These will be my third and fourth trips to the CR. I have to be honest, so far, it's my favorite resort on property, so I'm VERY excited to be staying there twice this year.

Thanks for the pics and CR info thread!

Yes you are the 1st one to reply and welcome to the new thread. Also it would be great if you posted some of your recent Contemporary pictures, of course please do that when you get a chance.

Don't mind at all! Will have them by morning;) Thanks for starting the new thread!:woohoo:

Here are a few pictures from our recent trip...more to come later!

DSC_3319.jpg

DSC_3174.jpg

DSC_3176.jpg

DSC_3175.jpg

DSC_3324.jpg

DSC_3344.gif

DSC_3343.jpg

Thank you for all of your hard work. Your information has been very helpful.
Sixteen days until my first stay at CR.

Oh no, I looked at your lovely pictures, Heather and my heart sank a little knowing we're not booked there. But, I have to keep telling myself that we're staying CL at the WL for the same price as a Tower/BLV non-CL room and we were just there in August and December:rolleyes1

OK, I told myself all those things, but I'm still missing the CR:upsidedow.

Great pictures Heather and just like WDWKOOK it's weird knowing that next month will be our second straight trip not staying there, although like last time we will be planning to visit and it's better then nothing.

Oh no, I looked at your lovely pictures, Heather and my heart sank a little knowing we're not booked there. But, I have to keep telling myself that we're staying CL at the WL for the same price as a Tower/BLV non-CL room and we were just there in August and December:rolleyes1

OK, I told myself all those things, but I'm still missing the CR:upsidedow.

STOP sneaking over here looking at the CR:scared1:!!! The WL & Poly will be fabulous!!! You'll be there very, very soon!!!!

STOP sneaking over here looking at the CR:scared1:!!! The WL & Poly will be fabulous!!! You'll be there very, very soon!!!!

:rotfl:The girl can't help it.....let's see if she stays at WL/Poly or if she sneaks a change in when she gets there. I miss her already...

Oh, and I'm researching for my girls trip:goodvibes

I am heading to BLT in a couple weeks. My "small" vacation turned into a "group" vacation - so I had to add another room (husband, stepdaughter, friend and daughter wanted to join me, DD, SIL and nephew).

I could not get another studio at BLT (or a two bedroom)- so I was "stuck" getting a Tower Room - Magic Kingdom View. (bummer - right? :rotfl:) I had a great code - so it worked out okay.

I have not been to the CR since BLT was built. My question is - How far away are the two buildings? I know there is a walkway (4th floor right?) - but I am just curious - 5 minutes walk?

I could have saved a bundle and gotten a DVC studio at WLV - but felt we would be too separated. So I splurged and got a Tower Room. Now I am psyched since my family will stay there - and my SIL, nephew, friend and daughter will take the studio BLT - but I don't want them to think we have abandoned them!

Also - - will my morning coffee option be the Contempo Cafe? (love those refillable mugs)

Thanks for the help! Can't wait until August 13 when we arrive!

Anyone done the walk from CR to MK? whats the walk like? how long is it? any ambience? do we have to cross any streets? etc

LOL can you tell I'm running out of things to plan.

I am heading to BLT in a couple weeks. My "small" vacation turned into a "group" vacation - so I had to add another room (husband, stepdaughter, friend and daughter wanted to join me, DD, SIL and nephew).

I could not get another studio at BLT (or a two bedroom)- so I was "stuck" getting a Tower Room - Magic Kingdom View. (bummer - right? :rotfl:) I had a great code - so it worked out okay.

I have not been to the CR since BLT was built. My question is - How far away are the two buildings? I know there is a walkway (4th floor right?) - but I am just curious - 5 minutes walk?

I could have saved a bundle and gotten a DVC studio at WLV - but felt we would be too separated. So I splurged and got a Tower Room. Now I am psyched since my family will stay there - and my SIL, nephew, friend and daughter will take the studio BLT - but I don't want them to think we have abandoned them!

Also - - will my morning coffee option be the Contempo Cafe? (love those refillable mugs)

Thanks for the help! Can't wait until August 13 when we arrive!
Just past the Bay View Gifts store on the 4th floor is the doors which lead onto the skybridge that goes from the Contemporary into Bay Lake Tower.

Yes you can get Coffe in the mornings with your mug at the Contempo Cafe.

Anyone done the walk from CR to MK? whats the walk like? how long is it? any ambience? do we have to cross any streets? etc

LOL can you tell I'm running out of things to plan.
I have done that walk multiple times which is very easy and it takes me around 10 minutes. You only have to cross one street and there is a set of traffic lights, so it will say when you are able to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter