The Alaska Wonder-Land Adventure Cruise -August 4, 2014 -ROLL CALL!!

Hi everyone....we met some "dispeeps" on our Fantasy cruise in February and booked this cruise to meet more people who share our enjoyment of Disney. So we too are booked on the Aug 4 Cruise and look forward to seeing and getting to know all those on the ship! So learning about Disboards, dispeeps and looking forward to this Cruise with all of you.

Hi disneymag! :wave2: I wish you a warm :welcome: to the DISboards! I will be happy to give you the background on the Dispeeps and my 2 cents on the Disboards. There were 19 of the "Dispeeps" on the February 16 sailing of the Fantasy. The current count for this Alaska sailing is 39 of us! :dance3: Most of the Dispeeps group "met" here on the Disboards' DVC member cruise threads in 2010 & 2011. We were a very chatty group and talked about anything, everything, and nothing in particular, not just cruise related stuff. After a year of chatting on the DISboards before the cruise (13 threads :rolleyes1) we wound up becoming friends here, on the ship and in real life too. Now most of us try to cruise together or meet up at Disney World. The Dispeeps are not a cliquy, closed group or anything. Our motto is the more the merrier!

Like you, we all share an enjoyment of Disney. We like to have fun and make the most out of our cruise experience. I've run a couple of Pink Champagne Girl events, Pajama Party, Muppet Detective agency drinking game, Debbie and I have both run Fish Extender groups etc. I think Milford is toying with hosting a "wear your kilt" whiskey tasting meet for this cruise. I am planning on something brand new for this cruise :scratchin I will announce what I have planned once I get confirmation from DCL that we can do it :jumping1:

My 2 cents on the the DISboards is :disrocks: Like anything else in life it is what you make of it. Getting to know and become friends with people on the cruise has really added to and made my cruise experiences THAT much more enjoyable. Winding up becoming friends in real life with some of these same people is priceless. So my advice is jump in with both feet and have fun!

Hi everyone! I'm about to book this cruise...since our schedule is entirely open next summer and we were thinking either a late July or early August cruise, I came here to see if there might be one cruise with an active DIS thread already...looks like I found it!!:banana:

I understand there are 39 people here already...we are 3 more, DH and myself, and our DD who will be 12 when we sail. Any other kids around her age? (She's 10 right now, will be 11 in May...)

Hi everyone....we met some "dispeeps" on our Fantasy cruise in February and booked this cruise to meet more people who share our enjoyment of Disney.

Welcome to the Dis! I guess we weren't very inconspicuous, with our tiaras, feather boas and matching shirts. :rotfl2:

The current count for this Alaska sailing is 39 of us! :dance3:
<snip>
I am planning on something brand new for this cruise :scratchin I will announce what I have planned once I get confirmation from DCL that we can do it :jumping1:

39? Whoa! Yeah, we definitely to start that stateroom list! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about what you have up your sleeve!

I'm about to book this cruise..

Welcome aboard! :boat:

Hi everyone! I'm about to book this cruise...since our schedule is entirely open next summer and we were thinking either a late July or early August cruise, I came here to see if there might be one cruise with an active DIS thread already...looks like I found it!!:banana:

I understand there are 39 people here already...we are 3 more, DH and myself, and our DD who will be 12 when we sail. Any other kids around her age? (She's 10 right now, will be 11 in May...)

Hi Tracyz :wave2: :welcome: aboard!

Welcome to the Dis! I guess we weren't very inconspicuous, with our tiaras, feather boas and matching shirts. :rotfl2:

39? Whoa! Yeah, we definitely to start that stateroom list! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about what you have up your sleeve!

Welcome aboard! :boat:

I still have feathers in my luggage from that LOL

Yes, ::yes:: for sure. Ooooh Debbie .... :flower3:

I'll give you a hint Karen. It's a twist on the Pink Champagne Girls meet. Think "Tink" instead of "pink" and no champagne but something more up my alley :stir:

I'll give you a hint Karen. It's a twist on the Pink Champagne Girls meet. Think "Tink" instead of "pink" and no champagne but something more up my alley :stir:

:rotfl:

Ooohh! I think I have an idea of what you have in mind! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Can't wait!

Just popping in since I recently "subscribed" so I could get an email of responses. My daughter will be four and a half when we sail although her cousins (ages 11, 9 and 2 at the time) will be with us as well. Anyone else travelling with little ones?

You're welcome :goodvibes

Me too!!! :rotfl:

I thought that looked cool! :woohoo: Debbie, didn't Junior say something about doing a zipline excursion in Alaska :confused3

Yes, Junior said something about doing a zipline....that would ONLY be Junior & Brandon. Emilee and I aren't seeking that much thrill! :lmao:

We are hoping to go in a cople of days early and go to Whistler. I read somewhere (Trip Advisor :confused: ) that there were shuttles there and back.

Me :mic: + You :listen: = :yay: :cheer2:

Me :mic: - You :listen: = :confused3 :faint:

:rotfl2:

Hello everyone, thought I would chime in and see what all was going on!

:cool1:

:wave2: Hi Milford!!!

Hey Deb, since you started the thread is it too soon to start putting together a list of Cabins and such like we used to do on the Member Cruises?

I'll get started on that. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone....we met some "dispeeps" on our Fantasy cruise in February and booked this cruise to meet more people who share our enjoyment of Disney. So we too are booked on the Aug 4 Cruise and look forward to seeing and getting to know all those on the ship! So learning about Disboards, dispeeps and looking forward to this Cruise with all of you.

Hi!!! Were you the one who was just a few staterooms down from us on deck 9? If so, how did your daughter and soon to be son in law like their t-shirts?

Hi there!! My DD will be 11 when we sail. They are almost exactly a year apart, my DD will be 10 on April 30th....in just less then a month!

Sounds intriguing! Looking forward to whatever it will be!

Hi Laura!!! I'm looking forward to whatever it will be, too! Terrie always has something fun up her sleeve!!!

Just popping in since I recently "subscribed" so I could get an email of responses. My daughter will be four and a half when we sail although her cousins (ages 11, 9 and 2 at the time) will be with us as well. Anyone else travelling with little ones?

Hi there! My kids will be 14 & 11 when we sail. Our nephews will be with us...they will be 7, 5 & 2.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise....I've heard Alaska is so beautiful! And I can't wait to hang with my DISPeeps for another 7 night cruise!!

Hi there! My kids will be 14 & 11 when we sail. Our nephews will be with us...they will be 7, 5 & 2.

You, Junior and 5 kiddos? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

J and I have talked about taking our nephews to Disney. But, we decided, if we do it, it's going to be to Disneyland. That way if things start going horribly wrong, we just toss them in the car and start the drive north. LOL I think I'd be terrified to have them with us on a cruise. No way to jump ship if things start going pear shaped. :rotfl:

images

Hi there....
Excited about the Alaska cruise!
How is everybody? :wave2:

Nice pic Jennifer!:thumbsup2

Hey Deb, since you started the thread is it too soon to start putting together a list of Cabins and such like we used to do on the Member Cruises?

Ok, the list is on the first post. I just used Disboard names....do you guys think that's ok, or should I use first names?

I wonder if any of those feathers are still floating around the ship. :rotfl2: We still saw them here and there the next day!

were on this cruise too cabin 6068

I added your stateroom to the list on the first post. :thumbsup2

I think you made a wise choice by choosing this cruise....there are a bunch of great people cruising on this Alaskan voyage! We've made some of the best friends ever through the Disboards and DVC....and they're all sailing with us!

J and I have talked about taking our nephews to Disney. But, we decided, if we do it, it's going to be to Disneyland. That way if things start going horribly wrong, we just toss them in the car and start the drive north. LOL I think I'd be terrified to have them with us on a cruise. No way to jump ship if things start going pear shaped. :rotfl:

LOL....Karen....I'm not THAT crazy! Especially with those ages!!! I guess I should have clarified....Junior's sister and her family will be joining us. I'm not brave enough yet to take anyone's kids with me to WDW OR DCL....heck...I don't think I'm brave enough yet to take my own two kids without Junior. Maybe ONE of them at a time, but not both. :faint:

OK....SCRATCH THAT! I GUESS I AM CRAZY AFTER ALL! OUR NEPHEWS WILL NOT BE WITH US ON THIS CRUISE! I WAS THINKING OF OUR SEPTEMBER 2013 CRUISE.....I THINK I NEED A VACATION FROM VACATION PLANNING. LOL!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if any of those feathers are still floating around the ship. :rotfl2: We still saw them here and there the next day!

Wouldn't surprise me! That one that came floating down while we were in the Cove still amazes me. :lmao:

LOL....Karen....I'm not THAT crazy! Especially with those ages!!! I guess I should have clarified....Junior's sister and her family will be joining us.

LOL Oh good! I kept picturing you both having to run back and forth from the nursery and the Oceanneers Clubs. I was thinking it didn't sound like a very relaxing trip for you both. :faint:

I can't wait to sail with the best Peeps in the North Pacific!!:woohoo:

:cool1::cool1::cool1: Peeps in the Pacific! :thumbsup2

NO NEPHEWS!!!! WRONG CRUISE!!!! Doofinshmurtz!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter