The AINT-SO-GRAND Floridian Cafe

OP mentioned being grossed out by paper menus being reused. If anyone concurs, do you still get your mail? How many people have touched that? Spoiler: many. :confused3

Sorry didn't know you thumbed through your mail before eating.

Also didn't know it was common for most places to throw your mail out after someone else touched it.

Many restaurants went to paper menus specifically so they could throw them out including Disney. It's just an example of this specific restaurants lower standards.

https://allears.net/2020/05/27/news...owards-contactless-menus-in-dining-locations/

Agreed! We went two weeks ago and the current menu posted online was what was offered. And it was more than two items. There was also chicken, a steak and salads.

Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Citrus-Avocado Salad and Red Rooster Cocktail Sauce

$16.00

Heirloom Apple Salad
Organic Baby Lettuces, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette

$12.00

Caesar Salad
Romaine Lettuce tossed with Caesar Salad Dressing

$8.00

Grilled Romaine Market Salad
Grilled Romaine, In-season Vegetables, with Lemon-Coriander Vinaigrette (Plant-based)

$15.00
Entrées

Buttermilk-fried Chicken
Hand-breaded Chicken Breast with 'Loaded' Smashed Potatoes and Warmed Bacon Vinaigrette

$24.00

Lobster 'Thermidor' Burger*
Artisanal 7-oz Burger Patty and Lobster-Parmesan Thermidor Sauce on a Seared Brioche Bun served with Cafe Signature Seasoned French Fries

$22.00

Miso-glazed Salmon*
Lemon-scented Sticky Rice, French Beans, and Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette

$27.00

New York Strip Steak*
Cheesy Potato Gratin, Roasted Cipollini Onions, Broccolini, and House-made Steak Sauce

$34.00

Impossible™ Burger
Caramelized Onions and Plant-based Smoked Gouda on a Kaiser Roll (Plant-based)

$16.00

Just seems to bolster my theory that the OP was given an allergy menu when they asked for a paper one. Looking at what I can find of an allergy menu, it is much more limited.

Also didn't know it was common for most places to throw your mail out after someone else touched it.

Many restaurants went to paper menus specifically so they could throw them out including Disney. It's just an example of this specific restaurants lower standards.

https://allears.net/2020/05/27/news...owards-contactless-menus-in-dining-locations/
Washing your hands after touching the mail is a good idea whether you're eating or not.

We at at GF Cafe multiple times on our recent trip and always used the QR code to get the menu on our phones, so there is not a "specific issue with this restaurant"--the OP must have asked for a paper menu, which they do still have upon request in case people don't have the phone or the QR code isn't working. That did happen to us one time at Cali Grill (my DH and I both left our phones in the room) and we had to ask for a paper menu. We got up after ordering and washed our hands. Problem solved.

Agreed! We went two weeks ago and the current menu posted online was what was offered. And it was more than two items. There was also chicken, a steak and salads.

Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Citrus-Avocado Salad and Red Rooster Cocktail Sauce

$16.00

Heirloom Apple Salad
Organic Baby Lettuces, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette

$12.00

Caesar Salad
Romaine Lettuce tossed with Caesar Salad Dressing

$8.00

Grilled Romaine Market Salad
Grilled Romaine, In-season Vegetables, with Lemon-Coriander Vinaigrette (Plant-based)

$15.00
Entrées

Buttermilk-fried Chicken
Hand-breaded Chicken Breast with 'Loaded' Smashed Potatoes and Warmed Bacon Vinaigrette

$24.00

Lobster 'Thermidor' Burger*
Artisanal 7-oz Burger Patty and Lobster-Parmesan Thermidor Sauce on a Seared Brioche Bun served with Cafe Signature Seasoned French Fries

$22.00

Miso-glazed Salmon*
Lemon-scented Sticky Rice, French Beans, and Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette

$27.00

New York Strip Steak*
Cheesy Potato Gratin, Roasted Cipollini Onions, Broccolini, and House-made Steak Sauce

$34.00

Impossible™ Burger
Caramelized Onions and Plant-based Smoked Gouda on a Kaiser Roll (Plant-based)

$16.00
Looking at the current online menus, the Chicken and the Steak are on the dinner menu, but not on the lunch menu.

Their menu right now is so limited that it's almost not even worth it to go there. We're planning on skipping it on our next trip.

When I was there in September I had 3 meals in the Grand Floridian Cafe. I enjoyed the breakfast food for breakfast, and the chicken for dinner. But for lunch the burger and potato barrels from the pool bar were better than than the breakfast food I had for lunch in the Cafe.

I like the bullet point style vs a rambling review that includes pictures of the kids and multiple tangents.

Something for everyone here at the Dis :wizard:

The way you described the other style of review made me think of all the food blog sites.

I like the bullet point style vs a rambling review that includes pictures of the kids and multiple tangents.

Something for everyone here at the Dis :wizard:
Or the TR that has like 2 weeks intervals between posts of their days at Disney where a week long trip is reviewed in like 4 months. Plus the 2 month pre-trip report prior. With back stories galore. I hate reading a TR and getting to end of post and they say 'up next dinner at X with late night hours at Y'....and they don't post the continuation for like 2 weeks. By the end the thing is 354 pages of posts.

Or the TR that has like 2 weeks intervals between posts of their days at Disney where a week long trip is reviewed in like 4 months. Plus the 2 month pre-trip report prior. With back stories galore. I hate reading a TR and getting to end of post and they say 'up next dinner at X with late night hours at Y'....and they don't post the continuation for like 2 weeks. By the end the thing is 354 pages of posts.
Yes! Pre-trip reports are obnoxious. The people that include ridiculous life details and photos that no one cares about. The self-importance is 🙄 Here’s my pre-trip report from every trip ever: I packed at 10:00 the night before my 5am flight. Then I didn’t sleep well bc I never do before I travel. the end. 😆

I don't mind different styles or opinions that I don't agree with. I just like the info that is presented as facts to be accurate.

Yes! Pre-trip reports are obnoxious. The people that include ridiculous life details and photos that no one cares about.

I woke up at exactly 5:43. Made coffee and enjoyed the peace and quiet before the trip madness would be begin. I walked back to the bedroom to shower. I stubbed my toe on the way. I had my usual pre-trip bathroom break caused by anxiety. I don't remember eating corn. I hopped in the shower and enjoyed the hot water. The shampoo bottle fell and almost hit my still throbbing toe. Then the dog started licking the wet shower curtain. He must be out of water. Speaking of out of water, did I tell you my radiator started to overheat the other day? I was on my way to Costco when......
:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter