The agony and the Ecstasy of Dumbo

hawkeyesparks

DIS Veteran
I believe that Dumbo has been ridden by more people than any ride at WDW.

Think about it, the value of this ride is so steeped in Disney lore that every child has to ride it. Can you seriously think of any child that has been to
WDW that hasn't been on Dumbo?

Personally I can't stand the ride, it takes forever in line, and all for a 90 second "flight" But, when you get on it with your child or as a child it becomes the most magical ride in the park. I can't explain it, which is why it's so amazing.

Anyway, I was curious to hear everone elses thoughts on the ride, and to dare anyone else to come up with a ride that more people have been on than Dumbo.

I personally like the Alladins Magic Carpet better because on a hot day on Alladins Magic Carpet, you get a shpritz of water thrown at you while you are in the air. I think Dumbo has been riden more than a lot of other Disney rides since its been there forever.

What do people think of the Mad Tea Party ride?

Every trip we have our one morning of doing the "Dumbo Run"... That's the day we get to MK bright and early and head (we don't actually run, btw) to do Dumbo first. Once it's done, we don't do it again unless there happens to be a very short or no line-RARE. I have to admit part of me will be glad when we don't HAVE to do Dumbo every trip... But then at that point my boys won't be so little anymore either!! :sad1: I think it's a fine ride, I love being up in the air so close to the castle, pretty views up there. :)

As far as the Teacups, we just love them. Last trip there was no line for them so we stayed on 4 times in a row, it was a blast! We need a spinning smiley! :)

Honestly, it has never been a big deal to us. In out 16 trips, we may have ridden it 3 times, maybe 4. Our girls get enough of that at the Magic Carpets or in Dinoland. I would recommend skipping it and riding another Dark Ride ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter