The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

I'll take your word for it (on all of them). :rolleyes: I'm waiting for the Tom Cruise/Maverick release at the end of this year. Some of us were old enough to appreciate that when its predecessor came out in theaters decades ago.

oh,, I'm waiting too! You're not alone.

After the movie I decided to try something I'd considered for several years but never followed through on. There's a shop called Hope's Cheesecake here in Gulf Shores.
20210713_194616.jpg

You walk in and it's every flavor of a cheesecake you can hope for. Larger 16" goes for $45, medium sized is roughly the size of a personal pan pizza and is $25. They have individual slices for $6.20210713_200125.jpg

Summary:

Nothing special. The Sara Lee cheesecake you can buy at supermarket is far superior in taste and better priced.

Now I can mark it off list. Don't recommend.

No rain today! Sunshine all day!

After the movie I decided to try something I'd considered for several years but never followed through on. There's a shop called Hope's Cheesecake here in Gulf Shores.
View attachment 589312

You walk in and it's every flavor of a cheesecake you can hope for. Larger 16" goes for $45, medium sized is roughly the size of a personal pan pizza and is $25. They have individual slices for $6.View attachment 589313

Summary:

Nothing special. The Sara Lee cheesecake you can buy at supermarket is far superior in taste and better priced.

Now I can mark it off list. Don't recommend.

No rain today! Sunshine all day!

Maybe Hope's Cheesecake wasn't that good but it's been in that location for DECADES. So somebody is keeping them in business.

Never stopped there either tho.

Ed

PS - my cheesecake is homemade and tastes pretty excellent

Maybe Hope's Cheesecake wasn't that good but it's been in that location for DECADES. So somebody is keeping them in business.

Never stopped there either tho.

Ed

PS - my cheesecake is homemade and tastes pretty excellent
It's still there because at that price if 10 people accidentally bought something it would more than cover expenses.

Never had your cheesecake. Certainly need to compare. :scratchin

Let's try sunrise again shall we?
20210714_054145.jpg

20210714_055823.jpg

20210714_060113.jpg

20210714_060245.jpg

20210714_060422.jpg

20210714_060518.jpg

20210714_060716.jpg

20210714_060933.jpg

20210714_061125.jpg

20210714_061416.jpg

Persistence paid off.

Yes, there is a Gulf and I took pics.

Resized_20210712_112118.jpeg
you've seen it before.

The DDs enjoying the beach.
Resized_20210712_113211.jpeg

Myself and oldest DD at The Wharf.
Resized_20210713_190453.jpeg

DW and oldest DD on ferris wheel.
Resized_20210713_190543.jpeg

Myself, annoying youngest DD.
Resized_20210713_190503.jpeg

Yesterday we squeezed in the mini golf at Pirates Island.
Resized_20210714_164004.jpeg

We let the girls play and I was score keeper.
Resized_20210714_163417.jpeg

Had to wrap this one up early folks. I was having pain in my left arm from first day at the beach. It progressed to sharp shooting pain and by Wednesday I started seeing the final piece of the puzzle.
20210714_152055.jpg

All way to the left hand.

Shingles it is! Woo hoo!

So we back home so I could get started on meds and out of heat.

I also got some RV issues. Main AC quit cooling yesterday and I've been monitoring an issue with rig flexing way too much when hooked up. You can see it flexes so much it keeps pulling trim loose.
20210716_120505.jpg

20210716_120443.jpg

20210716_120448.jpg

Loss of 2nd AC not season ending, but this frame issue is season over until its addressed. Lord knows how long this repair stay will be.

The A/C is an annoyance. That panel separation is a HOLY COW!

Hopefully it is something fixable.

j

So sorry for the shingles. I pray they will not be too bad. Enjoyed your vacation & thank you for the pictures. The girls have rally grown up since the last time we saw them.

Well at least you know why your younger looked so displeased in the picture of you trying to give her a smooch. You had COOTIES and she knew it.
Would have thought someone in your profession would have gotten the vaccine

Well at least you know why your younger looked so displeased in the picture of you trying to give her a smooch. You had COOTIES and she knew it.
Would have thought someone in your profession would have gotten the vaccine
It's only recommended for 50 and over. My luck.

Sorry for the camper issues. Shingles, ouch, I hope you get through without too much pain.

Great TR, enjoyed following along.

Had to wrap this one up early folks. I was having pain in my left arm from first day at the beach. It progressed to sharp shooting pain and by Wednesday I started seeing the final piece of the puzzle.
View attachment 590121

All way to the left hand.

Shingles it is! Woo hoo!

So we back home so I could get started on meds and out of heat.

I also got some RV issues. Main AC quit cooling yesterday and I've been monitoring an issue with rig flexing way too much when hooked up. You can see it flexes so much it keeps pulling trim loose.
View attachment 590130

View attachment 590131

View attachment 590123

Loss of 2nd AC not season ending, but this frame issue is season over until its addressed. Lord knows how long this repair stay will be.

Well get yourself taken care of first. AC not working stinks. But that frame flex does not look good, maybe they can weld in some reinforcement.

Taking advantage of warranty. Frame still under manufacture warranty. Warranty for life that I pay $100 year for covers the AC.

Excellent.

Your frame could be the revenge of Hwy 45. That's a rough road to run back and forth on in places. JMO. Ed

Excellent.

Your frame could be the revenge of Hwy 45. That's a rough road to run back and forth on in places. JMO. Ed
Agree completely. Actually we noted a small amount of movement when we first bought it, but it was considered "expected flex", however it has only gotten worse. I really think I59 between Gasden and Chattanooga is what really worked it over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter