The ABCs of Starting Over- OR to KY Roadtrip + WDW 50th Ann. Trip 9/28-10/4; Day 6 and REPORT COMPLETE!

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you got the rugs back! There ARE good people in the world :)
And congratulations on beginning your next degree!

Best of all, my headache was gone and a whole new day of adventuring lay before us.
That's certainly a relief!
The next day we texted a bit when she got some prices, but none were affordable. $1,300 was just too much even if they were woven in 1920.
Yikes!
In the end I settled on this one as I wanted one that captured the earth tones and hues of the natural landscape I'd been savoring the last few days. The Navajo seller explained that the symbolism the weaver captures in this particular design are the heat waves coming off of the desert and the reflective mirages against the darker hills.
Interesting!
All told, it was around $800 that we plunked down- by far the most expensive souvenir for the entire trip.
So much better than 1 for $1300
As the article says, the Wild West vibe is real as is the glamour days of movie stars who came for both R&R and to use as lodging during filming on nearby locations. Zach and I thoroughly enjoyed walking around the building and seeing the old photographs of lavish costume parties with elegant catering and portraits of the stars on set. There was tons of memorabilia as well that were fun to see.
Sounds like a really neat place to stay.
My neighbor quickly reminded me that the first rule of the table was to not believe a word any of them said. There was laughter, and cheer, and this morning reminded me of all that is still good in this world- the way things used to be that is hard to find these days.
Fun way to make a few friends over breakfast.
We’d each thought the other had put the rugs in the car after putting them on the roof as we made room and arranged things. The best we could guess was that somewhere in the first mile or so, they’d rolled off and someone scored $800 worth of Navajo rugs.
Oh no... not my rugs and just reading that almost made me feel sick.
He handed me the phone and it miraculously was the Gallup Police Department telling us a good Samaritan had turned in the rugs and they’d be delighted to ship them to us.
That's fantastic news! I'm glad they were found and returned to you.

Sounds like a pretty cool place... and your photos prove that it is. ::yes::
Why thanks! It is a place that's a great stop to experience a bit of Americana at it's finest. :)
Sadly, I recognize only a few... :sad2:
Sadly, me too.

Now him I recognize!
Hard to miss that one!
That carpet just screams of the area.
YES!!! Super cool!
Artsy fartsy shot. :)
Once in a while I like to play around a bit with the artistic side of photography.
I'm sure everyone just went to bed to sleep afterwards. :rolleyes1
OH sure. Absolutely. :lmao:
Love that phone. :) Was it in working order?
You know what? I have no idea!! I didn't pick it up and am now super regretting that!
Shower... leaves a little to be desired. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but what's MORE tragic is that there was no tub.
That clock is awesome too. :)
Just like Grandma's!
You do seem to like your turquoise. :)
I do, I do!
Huh. Interesting. I read the description from the link. I like the backstory.
Very interesting to be sure!
I've never had Huevos Rancheros, even though I used to make it at work (my first "real" job, not my current, of course.)
Really need to fix that.
Yes, you do!!!
Very nice of them!
I thought so! You don't find pay-it-forward like that much anymore.

Sounds like you had a real nice time with these gentlemen.
It was a really nice morning. :)
:eek:
Holy smokes! :faint:
Not for the casual purchase.
Hey! That's great! Good for you! Congrats and good luck!
Thanks! Ready to see if I can make it!

That looks like a really fun place to stay!
It totally is! Lots of history and fun stuff to see!
I love a place with great history. Seems like it's been kept up very well too.
For the most part, yes. The shower, as PK pointed out, was a bit... rundown, but for the most part, the memorabilia is intact and the rooms are clean, if a bit dated.

Wow, that's awesome. Chivalry is not dead.
I was very surprised myself. Was very refreshing.
What a neat little divine appointment. I'm glad you had that time to spend with these guys.
I am too. :) Was really nice.
:rotfl2:That's awesome.
Right?!
Oh no! NO!
Sadly, yes, YES! But it all had a happy ending- like most of my doofus move losses.
Wow. What a sickening feeling. I hope that despite the odds this has a happy ending.
It did!!!

I was a couple of updates behind, but all caught up now. Loving this adventure, just you and Zach and the open road! The pictures, as always, are just gorgeous. What a wonderful breakfast with new-found friends :) and congratulations on your proposal!

So sad about the beautiful rugs :( I'm hoping this story has a surprise happy ending!
Such a great trip we had!! Lots of adventures and stories for sure! So glad you're enjoying the ride along with me!

Very proud of you! This is a big deal and you have done so much with your RN career since you became a RN!!
IT is a big deal and truth be told, I'm terrified. There is so much responsibility and pressure with it. We'll see if I can cut the mustard so to speak.
I know how hard it is to do this especially at “um” our age lol 😆
THIS!!! :lmao:
I have been an RN for longer than I care to say and as I wind down my career yours is just starting with new adventures!
I hope to use my Master’s degree for online work soon as I decrease and eventually retire from my current RN position!
I’m not a NP mine is in education!
OH wow, have you thought about teaching at an ADN or RN program? You'd be so fantastic at that! As far as floor nursing is concerned... yeah, my old bones are tired.
I hope we can get together on a vacation one of these years! We can drink to our nursing careers! I have done so much as an RN in my many years!
I sure hope so too!!! If you change your mind about Sept, let me know. ;) That is still on.

I didn’t realize it was an extremely twisty, mountain road with a lot of slower pickups in the area for hunting season that was just kicking off.
Oh joy! Always a great time.

Should you be interested, here is the website for Linda’s lovely home that is rich with art all over the walls covering 2 stories. Interestingly, it's not only the art that makes this home stand apart. Her recently deceased husband studied under Frank Lloyd Wright and you can see elements of that architecture infused into this home.
Interesting! I bet she could tell a lot of great stories.

(Yes, those actually ARE piranhas.)
Don't tap on the glass! Or stick a finger in there.

Partly because it included a scrumptious breakfast!
Always a plus!

I didn’t know if there would really even be any room for wall art beyond what I had brought. So, no purchases but plenty of admiring.
That's quite a lot of art. I guess it makes sense, given her vocation.

He handed me the phone and it miraculously was the Gallup Police Department telling us a good Samaritan had turned in the rugs and they’d be delighted to ship them to us.
Thank goodness! So glad this had a happy ending.

Sadly, me too.
Celebrity fades with time. Only the very, very few are iconic enough to withstand the erosion of time.
Once in a while I like to play around a bit with the artistic side of photography.
Good for you. ::yes::
You know what? I have no idea!! I didn't pick it up and am now super regretting that!
noooooooooo...
Yeah, but what's MORE tragic is that there was no tub.
Definitely an oversight.
I thought so! You don't find pay-it-forward like that much anymore.
You do at drive-thrus.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ontribute-to-900-vehicle-pay-it-forward-chain
Not for the casual purchase.
:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter