The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

No idea when Rosie will pop in again, so I'll answer. Yes, the "petrified camel poo", more commonly known as dried and salted cheese curds, were the gifts of the day. ;)
I like cheese curds. Not sure I've ever had dried and salted ones though.

Anyway, remembering the plan is an art!

Wait! I thought the plan was sauntering. I thought the plan was fun. When did it change to art? I didn't get the memo.

Which I don't possess.

So, I make brain sheets. But not just any brain sheets. I create durable, handy-dandy, flippable brain sheets that double as a trip notebook. I'm rather proud of these little beauties so wanted to share them with you. There is plenty of blank room on the back sides for writing down all of the wonderful adventures I'm sure to have so I can share. Like I said, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, so in a year or so, when this TR is more stale than nachos at a County Fair, I'll have something to remind me what I did.
Brain sheets? If it's correlated to brain size, is it okay if I just do a brain pinhead? Far easier to carry, but far easier to lose. See what I did there?

I think you're mistaken. I'm not sure anything can be more stale than nachos at a county fair. Pretty sure that's defined in the county fair manifesto.

It's also a handy little tool to attach my Food and Wine plan (which will be in a future update) and, as you already know, my little Scavenger Hunt cards. My flight confirmation #s and info is on the 1st page, so I have that handy too.
Do you have access to a laminater? That looks like a good idea. Might have to steal...err copy your idea.

I know the app has all that at your fingertips now, but dead batteries do (and have) happened, the app sucks, and it's easier than using the phone.
Or when the app decides it wants to just stop working and you have to spend 2 hours on the phone with support. Cough, cough...not that that's ever happened to anyone you know, I'm sure.

Happy hump day, All!
Hey Mike. Guess what day it is. Mike, Mike, Mike. Whoop whoop.

Very nice pages. I'm with you on wanting a physical pen and paper to hold. I keep trying to make schedules/menus/etc on spreadsheets but somehow it seems more concrete when it's written down on a page. Travel notebooks are the way to go!

I think for me the reason I like these so much is that it eliminates my having to do the cumbersome task of taking trip notes on my phone which burns up the battery pretty quick and I'm slow at it. So the fact that it doubles as a schedule AND a notebook... Yus!!! I do my planning on spreadsheets for sure (have 3 going right now) but for the travel and parks I like it in my hot little hand!

Grandkids are the best. I have 8 of them now, 9 if you count my adopted grandson. I just took a trip with all but one of them almost a year ago now. I did a TR on it. I started a love of Disney in all of them.
Oh!! You're a lucky ducky! I don't think I'll end up with that many, or if so, not for many years. But I agree, they are pretty great! And yes, I would absolutely count your adopted grandson! Adopted kids are just as much family and can have all the doting that one can give. :hug:

Do you have a link for your TR?? I would love to take a look!

Oh!! You're a lucky ducky! I don't think I'll end up with that many, or if so, not for many years. But I agree, they are pretty great! And yes, I would absolutely count your adopted grandson! Adopted kids are just as much family and can have all the doting that one can give. :hug:

Do you have a link for your TR?? I would love to take a look!

I haven't edited my signature in years so I honestly forget how to add new Trip Reports and the friend that helped me is no longer active on the DISboards. I don't know if this will work
www.disboards.com/threads/21-people-2-ecvs-3-strollers-my-dream-trip-update-8-16-day-5-6-7-the-end.3640143/

If not the title is 21 people, 2 ecv's, 3 strollers, my dream trip.

Judy and I were just talking about this the other day because this past Sunday was the day before the-first-day-of-school. We don't have any kiddos in elementary or high school anymore so we were saying how different this one was than the one in 2011 when we went to see you folks in D.C. Our oldest was panicking because she wasn't done with her summer work yet. Being the great parents we are, we left (sympathetically) for a day-trip to D.C.! (Hey, we couldn't do the work for her!) That was a fun time with you guys though.

Life certainly has its seasons. ::yes::

:laughing:
And now that you mention it, I remember that now. Judy called once or twice to check on her and I think you two passed on dinner so you could get back. :)

To comment on your chapter, I do my Plan on a spreadsheet. I made a pretty detailed one for our trip to Hawaii last month. I put all of our flight info on it (record locator, times, flight number), what the plan is for each morning/afternoon/evening, addresses of places I want to go (points of interest, restaurants), etc. I also had a tab to track all of the bookings I needed to make for excursions and reservations, with the website, expected cost, and could check them off as I made them. I printed Judy a hardcopy but I pdf'd mine and put it in Dropbox so that I could access it on my phone. I do NOT want anything else to carry, flip-laminated or not. :)

So yours has multiple tabs as well. :) I have pages for most of those things too like expected costs, flights, etc...

One of these days, I'll figure out how to use Dropbox. But even if I did do that, I'd still want a hardcopy to use to take trip notes on. But, I can see your point about carrying stuff. I wish I could get away completely without anything, but I need a place for the Tylenol, moleskin, etc... This year, I"m going to use a small fanny pack (the horrors!) but even if I didn't have that, I'd still have to endure bag check because of the camera.

Oh wow those cards are amazing! They look great. I should probably look into doing that...I do have a laminating machine at home so maybe for a future trip. Looking forward to the costume updates!
3 more days for me...
...and they are 3 of the longest days, LOL...

Happy hump day!
Believe it or not, I actually bought one at Office Max this time. $24.99 for it and it works great! I've done these cards for years and for all the money I spent on making them, I could have paid for a lamintor twice over. No more! LOL!

Those last 3 days I hope are light and painless! Maybe the long hours will help pass the time though...??

"Sleep in"????
What the heck is that? At Disney?????

With as many times as I am getting to go this year, I don't feel like I have to go from RD to close. I don't mind a bit of slowing down and resting. Work and life circumstances have been extremely draining and difficult and I am looking forward to a bit of rest and time away from it all.

Rope Drop. That's more like it.

I hope I've planned a good balance of getting that ^ rest I need and having a lot of fun and diversion. :)

I like cheese curds. Not sure I've ever had dried and salted ones though.

I would say the majority of Americans and Europeans that visited us didn't care for them. Maybe an acquired taste? They were both salty and tangy at the same time.

We talked about must-try Kazakh dishes before, but Kazakh cuisine is not limited to the 5 dishes we mentioned in our previous post. There are many other amazing food and drinks that you should try if you are interested in Kazakh culture. One of them is Kurt! Kurt is a traditional Kazakh snack made from dried salty cheese. It is a rich in protein dairy product that Kazakh shepherds used to eat a lot in the winter when there was no milk. Today people in Kazakhstan eat it as a salty snack.

Wait! I thought the plan was sauntering. I thought the plan was fun. When did it change to art? I didn't get the memo.

I stand corrected...

"Remembering the plan (to saunter around and have fun) is an art."

Brain sheets? If it's correlated to brain size, is it okay if I just do a brain pinhead? Far easier to carry, but far easier to lose. See what I did there?

I think you're mistaken. I'm not sure anything can be more stale than nachos at a county fair. Pretty sure that's defined in the county fair manifesto.

I do, I do...

but then I'd have to carry a microfiche machine around. Those are heavy.

You may be right. Hmmm, movie theater candy?

Do you have access to a laminater? That looks like a good idea. Might have to steal...err copy your idea.

I bought one just for these this time. With 2 more trips coming up I think I'll get my money returned in saving myself from doing them at the Fed Ex Store.

And... steal away!!! That's why I shared them- I love when DISsers can swap ideas to make trips more enjoyable or easy.

Or when the app decides it wants to just stop working and you have to spend 2 hours on the phone with support. Cough, cough...not that that's ever happened to anyone you know, I'm sure.

Whoever could you be talking about...? :rolleyes:

Hey Mike. Guess what day it is. Mike, Mike, Mike. Whoop whoop.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I haven't edited my signature in years so I honestly forget how to add new Trip Reports and the friend that helped me is no longer active on the DISboards. I don't know if this will work
www.disboards.com/threads/21-people-2-ecvs-3-strollers-my-dream-trip-update-8-16-day-5-6-7-the-end.3640143/

If not the title is 21 people, 2 ecv's, 3 strollers, my dream trip.

I have to usually get help too with stuff like that. The tech board is a great place to get help with processes like that. But yes, I understand the frustration.

Going now... :)

Countdown Photo of the Day:

15724511_1398450220167244_3719465184057079625_o.jpg

D is for: Dang Awesome Play Books

Looking ahead to my schedule, it appears I am down to not very many weekends left to update. So how about a nice little mid-week chapter of yet more Pre-Trip goodies?

Everyone needs a plan, right? Well, maybe some people can go without a plan of any sort, but those people may very well wait in longer lines, eat food they may not want, or waste precious park time in getting around. I don't want to be that person. Disney vacations just cost too much to fart around. (Er, okay. Fine. But I do try to limit that...)

Anyway, remembering the plan is an art!

Which I don't possess.

So, I make brain sheets. But not just any brain sheets. I create durable, handy-dandy, flippable brain sheets that double as a trip notebook. I'm rather proud of these little beauties so wanted to share them with you. There is plenty of blank room on the back sides for writing down all of the wonderful adventures I'm sure to have so I can share. Like I said, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, so in a year or so, when this TR is more stale than nachos at a County Fair, I'll have something to remind me what I did.

It's also a handy little tool to attach my Food and Wine plan (which will be in a future update) and, as you already know, my little Scavenger Hunt cards. My flight confirmation #s and info is on the 1st page, so I have that handy too.

Waterproof enough for a Florida downpour, bendy so they don't stab me, small enough to fit in my new little fanny pack (yes, jumping in early in this retro return of the fanny pack!), yet big enough for all the important deets... I sound like an HG TV ad, no? George Foreman and I should have been working together. How many of you bought the sandwich press? Grill?

I still need to attach the pen with a piece of string, but other than that, they are ready to go. :thumbsup2

I know the app has all that at your fingertips now, but dead batteries do (and have) happened, the app sucks, and it's easier than using the phone.

On an entirely different note, I bought my MNSSHP party costume accessories yesterday and am pumped at this year's get up. Things are coming together nicely. :hyper:

Happy hump day, All!

You are such a dork! Like me!

Just checking in after my return from our Happy Place!

Family trips seem to remain "get 'er all done or die"
Ditto...I enjoyed our trip, but it was a lot of running around trying to tick off all the "must do" items.

while solo, more frequent trips have allowed me to sloooooo.o.o.000w. down to stop and smell the roses. Literally in some cases.
I would really like to do this someday, but slowing down would have to wait for a solo trip or at least one without kids in tow. Although I am far from a photographer, I did make a conscious effort to attempt a few creative photos this last trip. I don't think I pulled it off, but I tried.

I create durable, handy-dandy, flippable brain sheets that double as a trip notebook.
What a great idea! I did have a spreadsheet, of course, on my trip, but it was just printed on paper. After day 3 or 4 it became a crumpled mess in the bottom of the bag and I didn't refer to it that often. I did keep some notes on my phone for a 'potential' trip report. You'll have to wait and see if that comes to pass...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter