The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Liesa, I'm still here! Sorry I've been in and out so much. I didn't intend to multi-quote this time due to time restraints and textbooks readings that are calling my name...but then I got to your last update and ended up giving in. Before I get to those...

An excellent review of Cali Grill brunch!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience there. We also enjoyed it very much. We've never done dinner there though, so I think we'll aim for that next time rather than booking brunch again. I agree that the sushi was some of the most delightful I've ever had!!

Your photo from the coast are absolutely stunning. You should be very proud of them. If they're any indication of how you enjoyed your time there, it must have been a wonderful holiday. Thanks for sharing!

I owe this daylong field trip and give all credit to Meghan @MeghanEmily for getting me out of the Disney Bubble. I had a great time and am inclined now to try some other things around Orlando including Universal.

Ooh, that's me!! :goodvibes I'm so glad to hear that it was an enjoyable excursion for you! I have to say, I was a bit concerned knowing that I'd influenced your decision to go, seeing as it makes for a pricey outing, and I hoped I wasn't overselling it. But I know how much Nathan and I loved our days there, and how remarkably beautiful it is, so I hoped it wouldn't disappoint!

Lesson learned: When you don’t know where you’re going, maybe have the destination pulled up on your phone and follow along.

:headache: Sorry to hear about this! How frustrating! Especially when you had somewhere to be so early in the morning.

To be honest, I think their customer service was far superior to Disney’s. It's as lovely as it is efficient.

I might have to agree with you there. We never had a problem, and I loved the kind manner of the employees we crossed paths with and the efficiency.

ALL guests are ushered to the dining hall to begin with an average quality meal.

This is a good description. :laughing:

It was nothing special, but certainly not bad.

Agreed.

I cannot even begin to tell you how gorgeous this place is. The white sand with lounge chairs all in neat rows and hammocks hung randomly in quiet places screamed “relax!”. The water was perfectly blue and calm and so inviting.

:lovestruc:lovestruc So glad you thought so! It really does feel like an oasis.

IMG_2731%20%28Edited%29-L.jpg

I'm not sure who's lovelier in this photo: you, or the dolphin! This is wonderful. :lovestruc

:goodvibes Teehee I love this!! What an awesome candid shot!

And while it was certainly fun and educational, I can honestly say it probably wasn’t the best part of my day Somewhere Beyond the Sea....

Oooh boy! Now I'm excited to hear what else was so wonderful about this day! I can imagine a few possibilities, but I'm intrigued...

I'm getting a steroid injection into C6-7 (my neck) for the neck injury I got a few months ago. Hoping A) It doesn't hurt too much and, B) It helps the pain and numbness and tingling down my arm enough to make me be able to avoid a disk replacement.

Oh boy! Sorry you're going through this with your neck. How unpleasant.

Let me tell ya, it is SO weird seeing your own name on the schedule!!

I bet!! Strange to be on the other side of the scenario. But good that you had a good team that you knew well looking after you. I hope you're feeling better now!

And I got a nosebleed last night. :sad1: At least I was already in the bathroom and sitting down, but I blew my nose too hard and boom! Like three pieces of toilet paper later covered it blood it finally went away.

Uh oh. I see a common denominator here.

And it’s me!!!
Met you both. Both had nosebleeds. Yep. Me.

What?!?!?!? So it is fake!

Blasphemer!

I DID take the photo and put some mild enhancements on. But it turned the top gray.

Mr. Photoshop. ;)

That's easy enough. More TRs.

We shall see...

Because I didn't want it to be about biology. Who really wants to talk about paramecium?

c2f98d69db5269171dc36338dee5f012.jpg

Whoa... you're retiring at 70?????

I took care of a 66 year year old OR RN a few days ago. ;)

:laughing:

::yes:: I remember that update!

It stuck with me. :)

I'll be doing that in May with Elle.

YAY!!! Sounds fun! Someday!

Well, poop. I can't, since I'm at work. I'll just hum a sea shanty in my head.

"Yo ho, Yo ho..."

That works!

Whoa... Now that's early.

I will definitely be doing RD with my mom in May and my kids in Sept but plan to arrive an HOUR even before that because I swear they are opening the park WAY earlier than advertised.

Actually... I don't find that overly expensive. Especially for what you've described so far.

It's a nice day for sure and with meals included I think not too bad. Considering meals and decent snacks are provided.

:lmao:

And... I'd pay to see that.

:roleyes1

upload_2019-1-8_15-9-15.jpeg

:eek: Why on Earth did she think that's where you wanted to go???? Was it Discovery Cove apartments?

I didn't note what they were called. Probably something like that. Sure makes sense.

:scared: I'd think you would've been more scared if your driver was on the sketchy side.

You're probably right!

Nope.
I think you accomplished that just fine all on your own.

:sad2:

:sad2: Should have been free for the inconvenience.

Yes, but not worth the hassle.

Hmmm... I think I agree with that. Spend hours on the phone, ruining your morning... or just go about your day and forget it?

That's what I did. Honestly, didn't even think about it much... except on the way home a bit.

So you still got there in time. Good!

YEP!!! Goggle maps FTW!

Still humming.

"... a pirate's life for me!"

All together now!

At first I thought that was a woman in a dress in the distance. :laughing:

:lmao:

That's okay. You're not really there for gourmet meals... you're there for the dolphin swim and the relaxation.

Very true. And.... the rest.

Were there a few kids you wanted to stash? Hmmmm?

I saw a few meltdowns and a bit of bad behavior where it's obvious the parents and kids have switched roles- probably permanently.

Oh, I'm sure you weren't. Not at all!

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

Love that shot of you. All suited up (correctly!) and ready for adventure!

cf396535c877d64ae97ed07835656626.jpg

Really? Then why allow you to go near it? Is this place open or isn't it? Sheesh. That would've annoyed me.

It was annoying TBH. No signs or anything. And yes, they were lifeguards doing Nazi Duty.

Did you get to be airdropped from a helicopter????

Because... cool.

images

wow! great shot of you!

Thanks! It was a magical moment.

Awww... you look like you're having such a fun time! You look absolutely radiant!

It was super fun!

Well, as much as I love Disney and being in the bubble, my August trip is the first time I ever did NOT venture outside of the Disney bubble (besides the shopping excursions) and I sort of missed it. I did enjoy venturing to Universal. I've SeaWorld in the past. We normally would rent a house in Kissimmee and spend a few days just lounging by the private pool.

That is interesting that you missed it! But, having not done any of those things you talk about, maybe it's ME that's the one who needs to get out more. LOL!

I guess I find it nice enough at Disney without the hassle of renting a car ($$) to bother leaving. Let's see if that changes. :)

I really want to be listening to it right now, but I'm at work and can't access Youtube (it's my coffee break...ok?). But I'm thinking of it in my head. I really like that big band stuff. Having a quiet drink on the patio with Glenn Miller playing quietly in the background is a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon.

Hey, no judgement from here!! If I could DIS while in a little downtime, I would!

As for Big Band... YES!! So much to the yes. LOVE that stuff!

What about old men who appear to be pregnant? Definitely frowned on I suppose.

Depends... speedo? What more needs to be said?

Confession: I have never used Uber. It makes me a little nervous. I'm not sure why. I'm sure your experience is not the norm and in general it is fine. But I would still be tempted to take the standard taxi cab.

I am a fan of the price. Used it, and Lyft, often and have never has a truly frightening experience. Cabs on the other hand... yes.

This is interesting. I have heard of Discovery Cove of course, but the most I knew is that you swim with Dolphins. I had pictured something like SeaWorld with a big concrete tank. Far different from the lush oasis it actually is. Now I would like to go there.
I'm just not sure the $200+ per person is going to happen with a family of 4. Maybe something for a solo or adults only trip one day.

OH no!!! Wait until I get to the rest. There's SO much more. And yes, I would say, that it's best done as a solo unless you make your kids pay. Otherwise a bit much.

I have a feeling this is what Disney's service used to be, or should be, but sadly isn't anymore.

Agreed 100%

So, do you get to swim in the lagoon with these tropical fish? Don't answer if it's going to steal your thunder from another update. But if so, that's a part of DC I had no idea about.

Wait and see.... this weekend :)

Hmmm...very intriguing. I will certainly be looking forward to another update.

Working 3 10's W-F, so def won't be on much til Saturday, but photos are edited and uploaded. Just need to slam together some more writing.

Hi Liesa....

I am posting and saying hello...I can be very good at following instructions.

New year for you...sounds like it is off to the start you needed it to be.

--Karilynn

Hello!! Long time, no see around here, although, I know we've said hello by phone since you last posted. :)

I think so, but it's a long road ahead.

All caught up!

The Edison looks really cool and I will need to check it out. The late night activities sounds intriguing as well.

I wish the live music started at 8 or 9 instead of 10, but it is what it is.

Yum to the California Grill brunch. I have heard wonderful things about this meal.

You and your mom would LOVE it! Lots to choose from for both adventurous and more standard fare kinds of palates. :)

Love love love all your photos from your excursions around Oregon, so beautiful.

Thanks! I had such a wonderful day seeing so many beautiful sights!

Swimming with the dolphins has always been on my wish list, ever since reading the Madeleine L'Engle book featuring dolphins. (And I always mess up the title, because in my head, it's "the one with the dolphins," lol). (It's "A Ring of Endless Light," if you want the actual title. One of my absolute favorite books of all time.)

I've not heard of that one, not read it, but it sounds like a delightful book!! One of my absolute childhood favorites is The Cay by Theodore Taylor. I read it over and over. I may need to find this one you mention!

If you like that kind of genre, I think DC is for you!!

So, DC sounds like a pretty awesome experience! Can't wait to hear what topped the actual dolphin swim...

Totally was, and more update coming this weekend. Busy days until then!

The single mom mention wasn't a big surprise, I have to admit. Sorry to hear it on a more official level, however. (((hugs))) Hope you can manage enough DIStime to help with your sanity...

It's been tough for sure. But hanging in there. Thanks for caring, Irene. That means a lot.

Looking back at the CG pictures, I'm not seeing my absolute favorite thing...the tempura shrimp sushi rolls. Are they hiding?

Maybe? Not even sure because I tend to prefer the nigiri type over the cooked fish and shrimp kinds. I will look... no!!! WE, WE will look in May. You can show me and I will try it!

Liesa I thought I would say hello. I am a lurker here but don't comment very much. Love all your photos. Haven't been to Disney World in many years so neat to see all the new stuff. Have been to Disneyland lately and now everything there is changed as well especially the Paradise Pier. Playing the arcade games there was my sister and I's favourite passtime and now it is gone.

Love hearing about your day (so far) at Discovery Cove. I would love to get there but that price tag is hard to swallow for the 3 of us.

:goodvibes

Glad you're enjoying it so far! :) Lot's more to come!

I'd agree, paying for 3 people out of one pocket is a deep cut to the pocket book; save it for a very special occasion!

:scared1: $20 for a grilled cheese is ridiculous, even if it is very large. But that's Disney.

It is, but don't forget it did come with the soup and soup alone might be $5-7 at Disney. :) Still.... yeah... Disney $$

Should of asked her for a tampon that's what we use in the ER.

I do know that trick, but didn't have any cash and was too addled to think clearly.

However, this did remind me of a surgeon who had to come back to bedside post DCR to pack a nasal cavity. Fascinating how much stuff can be crammed into a sinus!

Your Cali Grill Brunch sounds amazing I can't wait to do it some day, unfortunately DH balks at the $80 pp price tag and said no to it during the Epic May trip.

GO ALONE!!! Send him ahead to ride his faves and tell him you'll meet him later. No?

I had been wondering how your neck was and thought it might have been much better since you were able to do your Oregon trip. Hope your injection works for you.

It is much better than it had been in mid-October- mid-December. Arm and fingers still numb and tingling, but neck and shoulder pain is back to where I can do my job without wincing. Doc says the injection should work >6 months. If not, we'll re-visit the surgical discussion.

Looking forward to hearing more about your DC day.

Coming up!

Blasphemy!

Ok, I'm thinking of doing that too.

I knew it!

You mean these people exist??

They are disgrace to humanity.

And clog up RD lines.

I'll save it for when I can go by myself! :rotfl:

DO IT!!!

(or make the kids pay themselves)

What is this world coming to?

Kardashians and more bad Star Wars sequels.

It looks extremely lush.

Very pretty!

Now this is the best inside info yet! Will have to make use of this.

Drew would definitely fit. Not that I would condone that or anything.

Yikes. You almost upset the space-time continuum! Good thing you pulled back from the brink.

She must not be one of those happy 6:00 a.m. people.

I know! I didn't see coffee in his hand!

:scared:

See the smile here?

:drinking1

I've lost a lot, too. Always seems to happen after the first few chapters.

I was wondering if anyone was still on board. The view counts contradict and yet....:confused3

Of all the reasons to get up in the morning, that has to be just about the worst. And that picture...I just did a girly heebie-jeebies dance.
I hope it helps you at least.

I'm glad I didn't! While my arms were strapped down to prevent heebie-jeebie-ing, or reflex-slapping my doctor, it was tempting to jerk around like a trout on a line.

Reading, but not up to multi quoting. I'm still working on my cup of coffee!

Oh, I can totally relate! There are days I have a hard time getting here at all. I try and was caught up as of Sunday, but it can be a struggle. :hug:

I've always wanted to try Discovery Cove, but I don't think I could get Fran up and over there that early and I'm not sure how much she could do there anyways, so I've kind of taken that off the list.

Honestly, and I'll say this in my final thoughts as well, I don't think it would be worth the price tag if you weren't committed, or couldn't, to the whole day 7-5. There is a lot to do (INCLUDING a whole lotta NUTHIN'!) and at $199, you need to be there. The food isn't open all the time, only certain windows.

I thought the breakfast there was just continental not full on eggs and bacon. I do have to say that the thing at the bottom of your plate looks like something that my cats would leave for me. :laughing:

No, definitely a hot brekkie.

The hash was most definitely Mary Kitchen from a can. I do enjoy it under a medium-overeasy egg but less so alone. I mixed with the scrambled eggs and at best it filled me up. Meh.

I would have somehow enabled myself to have coffee while in the car. I can't go that long without coffee!

I just didn't want to make the time to head to the Food Court before. That easy takes 20 minutes, and just nope. It was already early enough and I can make it til 9:00 without my headache. I knew I'd have coffee well before that.

Interesting to see the process and how the place works. Odd that they are so militant about the opening time for the lagoon. And I didn't think it was too long at all. I would rather have heard more.....

I know!! Either your facility is open or it's not! :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Sorry, Alison, I ran out of steam in writing as well, so will pick it up again this weekend. popcorn::

That sounds... not so fun. But hopefully it will help with your troubles.

I sure hope so!

:hug:

And... how was it? (since you posted the X-ray, I know it's done already)

It did hurt. A lot. But, it was bearable and short-lived. I did manage to hold still, but it was tough.

I've had worse pain. 5 times.

Probably far too soon (maybe?) to tell yet, so... hope this helps with all of that.

Too soon. I think right now, it hurts just from the injection process.

Umm.... I've been accused of being a pain in the neck fairly often (just ask my mom... heck any of my family) but... you actually have photographic proof!

I do.

I'm special. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I had thought the same thing... didn't look... appetizing.

Salty meat. What could go wrong?

That's the word I was looking for! Yes! Militant!
Maybe they didn't have lifeguards on duty yet? :confused3

No. They were lifeguards. :(

Yikes on the needle in your spine! I hope you feel better after that!

I sure hope so. Might be a few days before I'll notice improvement, but I'm hopeful.

And I got a nosebleed last night. :sad1: At least I was already in the bathroom and sitting down, but I blew my nose too hard and boom! Like three pieces of toilet paper later covered it blood it finally went away.

You did?!

But, I think mine was a 3 ROLL nosebleed. :scared1:

Glad you were already in a convenient place with supplies close by!

Liesa, I'm still here! Sorry I've been in and out so much. I didn't intend to multi-quote this time due to time restraints and textbooks readings that are calling my name...but then I got to your last update and ended up giving in. Before I get to those...

Well, hi there, Stranger! :) Was wondering how your new term was starting off!

Sounds like it's busy for you, as all terms are!

An excellent review of Cali Grill brunch!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience there. We also enjoyed it very much. We've never done dinner there though, so I think we'll aim for that next time rather than booking brunch again. I agree that the sushi was some of the most delightful I've ever had!!

Thanks, and yes, I did!

I was a bit underwhelmed with my last dinner there. Lovely and good, but not wow. But, I can see why you'd want to mix it up a bit.

Mmmm, Cali Grill sushi!!

By the way, at dinner try a flatbread! Or have Nathan try it! Soooo good!

Your photo from the coast are absolutely stunning. You should be very proud of them. If they're any indication of how you enjoyed your time there, it must have been a wonderful holiday. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I majorly lucked out with the weather. LOADS of photogs I see on the couple of FB groups I'm on were posting tons of very nice ones from New Years Day.

It was very nice to spend it with my daughter and some dear friends. :goodvibes Plus... Nature. :thumbsup2

Ooh, that's me!! :goodvibes I'm so glad to hear that it was an enjoyable excursion for you! I have to say, I was a bit concerned knowing that I'd influenced your decision to go, seeing as it makes for a pricey outing, and I hoped I wasn't overselling it. But I know how much Nathan and I loved our days there, and how remarkably beautiful it is, so I hoped it wouldn't disappoint!
]

Yep! YOU!!

I'm willing to splurge here and there for something so highly recommended. So no worries! I knew the price going in and was willing to try it once. :hug:

Definitely didn't disappoint!

:headache: Sorry to hear about this! How frustrating! Especially when you had somewhere to be so early in the morning.

I know! Silly me should have researched a little better where we were headed, but I hadn't ever gone off property, so was very (still am!) unfamiliar with how Orlando is laid out.

I might have to agree with you there. We never had a problem, and I loved the kind manner of the employees we crossed paths with and the efficiency.

:thumbsup2

I wish Disney CMs would rekindle their passion and training for excellent service.

This is a good description. :laughing:

Meh. LOL!

:lovestruc:lovestruc So glad you thought so! It really does feel like an oasis.

Never heard a car, saw a high rise, just... greenery, blue water, white sand...

I'm not sure who's lovelier in this photo: you, or the dolphin! This is wonderful. :lovestruc

Awww, thanks, Meghan. :goodvibes

:goodvibes Teehee I love this!! What an awesome candid shot!

I think they caught me mid-girlie-shriek. :laughing:

Oooh boy! Now I'm excited to hear what else was so wonderful about this day! I can imagine a few possibilities, but I'm intrigued...

I think you maybe know. ;) But, coming this weekend.

Oh boy! Sorry you're going through this with your neck. How unpleasant.

Very! Hopefully, the injection will help me turn the corner.

I bet!! Strange to be on the other side of the scenario. But good that you had a good team that you knew well looking after you. I hope you're feeling better now!

Taking it easy this evening. A bit sore for sure.:angel:

Uh oh. I see a common denominator here.

And it’s me!!!
Met you both. Both had nosebleeds. Yep. Me.

Liesa I thought I would say hello. I am a lurker here but don't comment very much. Love all your photos. Haven't been to Disney World in many years so neat to see all the new stuff. Have been to Disneyland lately and now everything there is changed as well especially the Paradise Pier. Playing the arcade games there was my sister and I's favourite passtime and now it is gone.

Well, hi there!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I have seen you around on a few other threads and it's certainly wonderful to have you here! YAY!!

There is a lot of new stuff and most (NOT ALL!) is really awesome! (Do NOT get me started on Soarin'!)

The new Paradise Pier is something I'm anxious to see having learned some fun stuff at the last Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet I went to. Maybe I need to plan a quick trip to see @franandaj .

I do hate when they take stuff out that was near and dear to your heart. :( Was particularly sad to see Mr. Toad's go at WDW. :sad:

Only missed you by just a few days. Someday :hug:

You know it! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter