The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

J is for: Just Right this Way Princess

Steppe arrived flushed and sweaty, which makes her sound like a toilet in an Alabama summer cabin in August. I assure you, Dear Reader, our princess is far from anything of that sort. Steppe-ing off her magical transportation, she waved to her subjects dismissively trying to get a bearing on her new realm.

She was pleased to see the banner of her realm flying high in the wind; it fluttered beautifully alongside the vintage-styled gas lamps.

Glancing ahead of her, she noticed that at least they had her more elegant and formal forms of transportation ready for any future outings. For posterity’s sake she approached a man she thought was her new butler and asked if would kindly take her photograph of her with the vintage car. She always carried a few signed prints to give away to the subjects she takes a special liking to.

With an insolent flair, he gestured to a commoner dressed in plainer uniform and told Princess Steppe that, “he” would be glad to when he was finished with the guest he was with.

Impertinence!!! How dare he speak to the Lady of the Land in such a haughty, dismissive way! Steppe reprimanded him in a firm, yet courteous tone, reminding this servant of the realm that this was his Sovereign he was speaking to.

“Excuse me, Sir, but I have come to take up residence in this palace, and you had best be in top form!”

“Oh, Your Royal Highness! A million apologies, please forgive me! I didn’t know you were checking in!”

Giving Alejandro, who did indeed prove to be her concierge, a skeptical benefit of the doubt, Princess Steppe let his oversight of proper protocol go. With a hint of shock at his own blunder, Alejandro began to furiously take up business with his State-issued iPad. Princess Steppe gave the man her full name and soon enough was located in the registry. As if…

Perhaps he was new to his post…

“Madam, a princess of such benevolent character and widespread fame only deserves the very best of attentions when arriving to her residence!” With a smirk, Steppe saw that this was due more to his realization of his previous slip rather than heartfelt dedication to Her Highness.

“Now Princess, before I take you to your royal quarters, let’s take that portrait beside your car and carriage.”

“Oh, yes! That would be fine.”

If you are ready, Princess Steppe, please, right this way! It isn’t far to your chambers and naturally there is no need at all to stop at the check-in desk. That is for the courtiers and other commoner guests. And, of course, your footman will attend to the baggage and should arrive very soon. While Alejandro started off on the wrong foot himself, Steppe’s assessment of him began to soften. Perhaps he was overwhelmed with the newness of serving a princess of such high caliber and standing in this magical kingdom. Or perhaps it was, she thought, last night’s broccoli that distracted him from the exemplary service he should have shown a few minutes prior. Nevertheless, she gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him continue to redeem his initial poor behavior.

As the princess and her concierge made their way through her manor’s grand lobby, the piano began to announce her entrance and her subjects paused to the side to give deference to her standing. Some bowed low in awe and amazement as she passed by. (Okay, that was fiction, but it sounded good.) Arriving quickly at her bedchambers where her handmaidens and mother would also be staying, Alejandro gave her a quick tour. Yes, perfection, she mused to herself. The view was fantastic, the beds large and the bathing area spacious and clean. Yes, this would do quite nicely. Alejandro was nearly bending over backwards now providing service that was truly fitting of a Princess. Steppe decided he simply needed time to grow into his new role and let the prior nervousness subside. “Is there anything else Your Highness desires?

Seeing this:

Princess Steppe began feeling rather peckish and had a little time to pass before she boarded the bus for her next task. Refreshment was in order, so when Alejandro asked her what else she may need she told him she was probably going to head to the Grand Floridian Café for some luncheon. Princesses eat "luncheon". So did most of our great-aunts who passed along their glass luncheon sets. I have one; you probably do too in your attic.

“Oh Princess! I will make a reservation for you right now and make sure they know you are on your way shortly!”

“Also, Alejandro, my phone’s battery is quickly dying and my luggage won’t be arriving for a while yet, is there someone who might have a charging cord for the next couple of hours?”

“I will make some calls for you, Your Highness, and try to find one.”

She dismissed him, complementing his service (but mostly his recovery from his initial awkward beginning) and began to survey the room more carefully documenting with photographs for the Royal Memoirs. Online tabloids sometimes read and use those for clickbait fodder she mused to herself.

Steppe didn’t take long as her footman hadn’t arrived with her bags, so she quickly made her way back across the lovely, spacious, and carefully manicured courtyard towards the Main Hall where she would host her subjects and courtiers with elegant affairs in time. Today, she was a single diner which gave her time to relax without her usual royal duties.

Her waitstaff recognized her quickly and ushered her to a patio table at her request. The air was perfect under the shade of the red-roofed buildings. The server greeted her cheerfully, but perhaps was unaware that Princesses have many duties and responsibilities they must attend to and have very little time to engage socially with idle chatter. Perhaps she also forgot the proper royal-subject relationship expectations. Either way, Princess Steppe had important business to attend to and preferred to have a few moments to herself collecting her thoughts and writing her memoirs. After looking at the menu, Steppe decided on a light, not-too-filling salad since there was a Polynesian-themed banquet planned for later that evening in honor of her arrival. Many other princesses from other kingdoms both near and far would be arriving and collectively called themselves EPIC- a quite fitting acronym for Entitled Princesses in Cahoots. There were many shenanigans that were cahooted, and those can be read in the published diaries of other cahooting princesses as well.

You can find those

HERE.

Meantime, let’s continue with the happenings of Princess Steppe as she takes her afternoon repast.

(A lovely venue, no?)

Steppe also thought a light, refreshing hard seltzer would be a perfect accompaniment with her luncheon, so asked the server if they served such a thing. The server must have been unfamiliar with such a libation and rather than ask if the Princess approved, she returned with a bottle of hard cider already opened. Fortunately for the server (and her ensuing gratuity), Princess Steppe also enjoys a hard cider on occasion and accepted it… more for its nice color and girly bubbles than anything else.

After a bit, Steppe added a small cup of soup to her repast but started to feel anxious about the time.

(Of interest, this "cup" of soup was quite generous. Steppe ate half.)​

As seconds turned into minutes and the time edged up closer to the departure time of her transportation to the airfield to greet the Royal Mother, Steppe became antsy and downright nervous. Finally, when the server did not return to collect payment, Steppe gathered her things and went to the podium to explain that she was in a terrible hurry at this point and needed to pay immediately or put it on a room tab or something. Will our princess make it on time? Join us next time on Storytime with Steppe!

Last edited:
Glancing ahead of her, she noticed that at least they had her more elegant and formal forms of transportation ready for any future outings. For posterity’s sake she approached a man she thought was her new butler and asked if would kindly take her photograph of her with the vintage car. She always carried a few signed prints to give away to the subjects she takes a special liking to.
You know, all royal subjects would treasure a gift from their sovereign.
Princess Steppe began feeling rather peckish and had a little time to pass before she boarded the bus for her next task. Refreshment was in order, so when Alejandro asked her what else she may need she told him she was probably going to head to the Grand Floridian Café for some luncheon. Princesses eat "luncheon". So did most of our great-aunts who passed along their glass luncheon sets. I have one; you probably do too in your attic.
Luncheon is always an elegant affair.
After looking at the menu, Steppe decided on a light, not-too-filling salad since there was a Polynesian-themed banquet planned for later that evening in honor of her arrival. Many other princesses from other kingdoms both near and far would be arriving and collectively called themselves EPIC- a quite fitting acronym for Entitled Princesses in Cahoots. There were many shenanigans that were cahooted, and those can be read in the published diaries of other cahooting princesses as well.
Princesses engaging in shenanigans.....oh my!
Steppe also thought a light, refreshing hard seltzer would be a perfect accompaniment with her luncheon, so asked the server if they served such a thing. The server must have been unfamiliar with such a libation and rather than ask if the Princess approved, she returned with a bottle of hard cider already opened. Fortunately for the server (and her ensuing gratuity), Princess Steppe also enjoys a hard cider on occasion and accepted it… more for its nice color and girly bubbles than anything else.
Princess Suse approves of said libation, having enjoyed it herself on a few occasions
As seconds turned into minutes and the time edged up closer to the departure time of her transportation to the airfield to greet the Royal Mother, Steppe became antsy and downright nervous. Finally, when the server did not return to collect payment, Steppe gathered her things and went to the podium to explain that she was in a terrible hurry at this point and needed to pay immediately or put it on a room tab or something. Will our princess make it on time? Join us next time on Storytime with Steppe!
Hopefully the Royal Mother will approve of the new accommodations. I am sure the Princess will arrive on time, after all she has many choices of transport at her disposal!

Ahh The Princess Steppe fit perfectly in her new royal surroundings!

The lunch sounds lovely until it wasn’t o_O

I love how you turned Epic into a great title befitting of us all!

Steppe arrived flushed and sweaty, which makes her sound like a toilet in an Alabama summer cabin in August.
:lmao: Quite the description!
I assure you, Dear Reader, our princess is far from anything of that sort.
So.... more like in winter?
She was pleased to see the banner of her realm flying high in the wind;
But of course. This is right and just.
She always carried a few signed prints to give away to the subjects she takes a special liking to.
Always nice to have trinkets for the peons.
With an insolent flair, he gestured to a commoner dressed in plainer uniform and told Princess Steppe that, “he” would be glad to when he was finished with the guest he was with.

Impertinence!!! How dare he speak to the Lady of the Land in such a haughty, dismissive way! Steppe reprimanded him in a firm, yet courteous tone, reminding this servant of the realm that this was his Sovereign he was speaking to.

“Excuse me, Sir, but I have come to take up residence in this palace, and you had best be in top form!”

“Oh, Your Royal Highness! A million apologies, please forgive me! I didn’t know you were checking in!”
Did this really happen? It kinda reads like it did, but... wow.
Princess Steppe gave the man her full name
This shouldn't be needed. Your fame should have preceded you. Obviously the man needs some training.
“Madam, a princess of such benevolent character and widespread fame only deserves the very best of attentions when arriving to her residence!” With a smirk, Steppe saw that this was due more to his realization of his previous slip rather than heartfelt dedication to Her Highness.
He's lucky Her Majesty was feeling benevolent today. Or he would've wound up clapped in irons in a dungeon.

That's actually what happened to these guys:
Related image
Princess Steppe
Wait... I thought it was Queen Steppe. Did you get a demotion???
That is for the courtiers and other commoner guests.
The common folk. The downtrodden masses. The rabble.
Or perhaps it was, she thought, last night’s broccoli that distracted him from the exemplary service he should have shown
So... are you saying he had indigestion from eating broccoli, or you had some stuck in your teeth?
Either one would be distracting.
As the princess and her concierge made their way through her manor’s grand lobby, the piano began to announce her entrance and her subjects paused to the side to give deference to her standing.
Paused to the side? They should be groveling. These people need to be taught!
Some bowed low in awe and amazement as she passed by. (Okay, that was fiction, but it sounded good.)
of course it's fiction. By now word of your arrival would have spread. Bowing in awe... well, of course. But amazement? Nah.
Seeing this:

Princess Steppe began feeling rather peckish
:) That reminds me of the time we had Tea.
I have one; you probably do too in your attic.
Nope. I only have blown in insulation in my attic.
“Also, Alejandro, my phone’s battery is quickly dying and my luggage won’t be arriving for a while yet, is there someone who might have a charging cord for the next couple of hours?”

“I will make some calls for you, Your Highness, and try to find one.”
And?
Online tabloids sometimes read and use those for clickbait fodder she mused to herself.
The paparazzi must be highly annoying. I'm surprised they left you alone to dine in peace.
Her waitstaff recognized her quickly and ushered her to a patio table at her request. The air was perfect under the shade of the red-roofed buildings.
Sounds wonderful. :)
Perhaps she also forgot the proper royal-subject relationship expectations.
:sad2: Someone needs to be put in their place... and that, right now!
Many other princesses from other kingdoms both near and far would be arriving and collectively called themselves EPIC- a quite fitting acronym for Entitled Princesses in Cahoots.
:lmao: :rotfl:

Perfect!
There were many shenanigans that were cahooted,
:laughing:
Princess Steppe also enjoys a hard cider on occasion and accepted it… more for its nice color and girly bubbles than anything else.
Colour and girly bubbles are important when one could be photographed for the tabloids at any moment.
After a bit, Steppe added a small cup of soup to her repast
mmm... looks good. Home-made.
(Of interest, this "cup" of soup was quite generous. Steppe ate half.)
I believe it! I was just thinking it looked like a lot.

Oy. I hate when I have to wait for absent wait staff. The tip goes down accordingly.

I love the whimsy of this update! (And also, the suspense is killing me! Will Princess Steppe arrive on time!?)

Your accommodations were beautiful, and I absolutely love your super class photo with the super classy car in your super classy hat!

You know, all royal subjects would treasure a gift from their sovereign.

Of course!! Only the best from this benevolent royal!

Luncheon is always an elegant affair.

There were several luncheons taken including a hoity-toity Tea at the same royal residence.

Princesses engaging in shenanigans.....oh my!

;)

Princess Suse approves of said libation, having enjoyed it herself on a few occasions

I sincerely hope the Princess Suse and Princess Steppe will find audience with one another sometime in our travels.

Hopefully the Royal Mother will approve of the new accommodations. I am sure the Princess will arrive on time, after all she has many choices of transport at her disposal!
Oh, she did! In fact, it was all very.... surprising to her! ;)

Next chapter hopefully soon!

:lmao: Quite the description!

I was rather proud of that one, myself. ;)

So.... more like in winter?

No, not toilety sweaty, just... sweaty.

Always nice to have trinkets for the peons.

I'm a nice Sovereign.

Did this really happen? It kinda reads like it did, but... wow.

Yes. It actually did. I got off the bus and came into the port cochere area and asked him if he'd take my photo. He points to a valet and literally said that that guy could when he was done. And walked away. I started to continue on, not wanting to wait, and when it became obvious I was actually there to check in his tune change dramatically. I found it to be in poor taste. He wasn't busy but was being super snooty and it rubbed me the wrong way.

Hard to recover from that in my book.

This shouldn't be needed. Your fame should have preceded you. Obviously the man needs some training.

Yes, he does.

I mean I get that he does need to focus on legit guests but.... I was.

He's lucky Her Majesty was feeling benevolent today. Or he would've wound up clapped in irons in a dungeon.

That's actually what happened to these guys:
Related image

Ya just never know. I'd like to think of myself as a pretty nice ruler of the realm, but even royalty can have a royally bad day.

Wait... I thought it was Queen Steppe. Did you get a demotion???

Nah, was feeling young and princess-y; it's a whim thing.

The common folk. The downtrodden masses. The rabble.
.]

.... the riff raff.

So... are you saying he had indigestion from eating broccoli, or you had some stuck in your teeth?
Either one would be distracting.

I was thinking the indigestion part, but it'd be just my mojo to have had broc stuck in my teeth too. :rolleyes:

Paused to the side? They should be groveling. These people need to be taught!

I've seen that in real life... for really reals in Thailand. A legit princess passed by me in Chiang Mai in a mall and the entire population stopped, bowed low in deference with arms in a "wai".

of course it's fiction. By now word of your arrival would have spread. Bowing in awe... well, of course. But amazement? Nah.

Yes.... you are right!

:) That reminds me of the time we had Tea.

Awww, that was such a nice luncheon! I felt like such a princess then too with my Dapper duds on.

Nope. I only have blown in insulation in my attic.

So no storage there?

Coming up in the next update.

The paparazzi must be highly annoying. I'm surprised they left you alone to dine in peace.

I'm sure Alejandro was doing his job at his post MUCH better and keeping them away at the front of the grounds.

Colour and girly bubbles are important when one could be photographed for the tabloids at any moment.

YES!

mmm... looks good. Home-made.

It was very good in fact. The wide egg noodles are my favorite for chicken soup, but I dared not fill up on them with O'hana not too long after.

I believe it! I was just thinking it looked like a lot.

It was actually a bowl, not a cup even though it was a fantastic amount for the price, I thought.

Oy. I hate when I have to wait for absent wait staff. The tip goes down accordingly.

I was not impressed at the end of the meal. It was stressful and she should have come back to check on me again after he intitial check 5 minutes after I got my food.

I love the whimsy of this update! (And also, the suspense is killing me! Will Princess Steppe arrive on time!?)

Thanks, Dearie! Hopefully I can write again soon; I really need to make tracks on this report and finish it up!
Your accommodations were beautiful, and I absolutely love your super class photo with the super classy car in your super classy hat!

HA! Thanks, Meghan! I really loved to class it up that day and milked the part for all it was worth!

I love your royal arrival. It must have been fun to write. :)

I was actually there to check in his tune change dramatically. I found it to be in poor taste. He wasn't busy but was being super snooty and it rubbed me the wrong way.

I can picture him as a snooty butler encountering riff raff who knocked on the palace door. :::yes::

We have had extremely slow service at Grand Floridian Cafe. I have seen so many reports of poor service that I wonder why they don't do something about it.

There were several luncheons taken including a hoity-toity Tea at the same royal residence.
Princess Suse attended the hoity toity tea with her royal consort a few weeks ago and enjoyed it very much.
I sincerely hope the Princess Suse and Princess Steppe will find audience with one another sometime in our travels.
The two princesses would have an exceedingly lovely time together. :goodvibes

No, not toilety sweaty, just... sweaty.
Just use some eau de toilette to take care of that.
I'm a nice Sovereign.
Yes you are! :)
Yes. It actually did. I got off the bus and came into the port cochere area and asked him if he'd take my photo. He points to a valet and literally said that that guy could when he was done. And walked away. I started to continue on, not wanting to wait, and when it became obvious I was actually there to check in his tune change dramatically. I found it to be in poor taste. He wasn't busy but was being super snooty and it rubbed me the wrong way.

Hard to recover from that in my book.
Hmmm... Hmmm.... I'm having a bit of trouble with that. On the one hand (as you point out), he does have a job that he needs to do, but... how long would it take him to snap a photo? Was he actively helping a guest at the time? (obviously not) Were guests arriving just then that needed his attention? (yes. you.)

In hindsight, once I had told him that I was a resort guest and his attitude changed, I might have told him that I'd look for someone else to assist me.
"No, no. I'll find someone else to help me. Maybe your manager isn't too busy?"
Yes, he does.

I mean I get that he does need to focus on legit guests but.... I was.
Yeah... and even if you weren't... since it soon became readily apparent that he wasn't too busy to take your photo...
Ya just never know. I'd like to think of myself as a pretty nice ruler of the realm, but even royalty can have a royally bad day.
Hence... the dungeon.
Nah, was feeling young and princess-y; it's a whim thing.
:laughing: Perfect answer.
.... the riff raff.
That too. :laughing:
I was thinking the indigestion part, but it'd be just my mojo to have had broc stuck in my teeth too. :rolleyes:
Image result for broccoli in teeth
I've seen that in real life... for really reals in Thailand. A legit princess passed by me in Chiang Mai in a mall and the entire population stopped, bowed low in deference with arms in a "wai".

Whoa... That is... sooooo cool!
Yes.... you are right!
I frequently am. :snooty:

:lmao:
Awww, that was such a nice luncheon! I felt like such a princess then too with my Dapper duds on.
:goodvibes
So no storage there?
Zilch.
I'm sure Alejandro was doing his job at his post MUCH better and keeping them away at the front of the grounds.
"May we photograph the princess, Alejandro?"
Alejandro: <ignores>.
It was very good in fact. The wide egg noodles are my favorite for chicken soup, but I dared not fill up on them with O'hana not too long after.
mmmmm….
It was actually a bowl, not a cup even though it was a fantastic amount for the price, I thought.
Looked like a lot!
I was not impressed at the end of the meal. It was stressful and she should have come back to check on me again after he intitial check 5 minutes after I got my food.
Yes. Yes she should have.
Bye, bye tip!

Dying to know how it turned out!! That salad and cider looked delicious, I hope you had time to fully enjoy them without rushing!

Because I've seen shots from both sides and... the side you were on was much better.

No idea other than... why do you have them? Maybe it's a population thing? Too many soldiers in one division making it unwieldy? No clue.

Well, it has to be, being a federal/national group. But it sure did make me take a double look!

I'll try to remember to include it in my next update. Made a note.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for that. I've been to California and didn't see any while I was in LA. How very odd. :rolleyes:
They all went to Las Vegas that week.

That was so amazing when you got the upgrade! I remember Kari flipping out on the phone with you when in line for Celebration Mickey and Minnie!! That is so cool!

I can picture him as a snooty butler encountering riff raff who knocked on the palace door. :::yes::

That was exactly him!

We have had extremely slow service at Grand Floridian Cafe. I have seen so many reports of poor service that I wonder why they don't do something about it.
It started out so well too. :( She was attentive, bordering on overly so, and then.... disappeared. The food and patio seating were splendid, but I was not happy with the stress of meeting a bus added to the mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter