The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

I'm only on I but realized I haven't posted a comment in awhile and figured it was time to do so!

SDD is up first followed by a Frozen Sing-along. There’s been recent chatter here and there that it’s worth seeing at least once, and while I’ve been interested in the past, the less-than-amazing productions of B&tB and Little Mermaid at this park have prevented me from thinking twice.

Frozen Sing-Along is MUCH better than B&B and LM. The actors performing the show have a lot of ability to improv and it makes it much more fun than you'd expect. I agree that it's worth seeing once.

but I’m leaning on talking the kids into ordering 1 Sampler and one Chicken Pot Pie to share for the 4 of us. I’m certain that’ll be plenty! Anyone order those before? Good value? Tasty?

I got the chicken pot pie over the summer and Alex got the sampler, and I do think it can be split between four people. I only ate about half of my pot pie. I remember you all split dishes at Coral Reef and these portions are much bigger.

we’ll head to the Droid Depot for the one thing my kids actually showed an ounce of excitement over.

When the rest of your party members actually suggest something in the planning stages, it's really hard to not to do it. Have to appease everyone, unfortunately.

Now, it’s your turn: What is your favorite night-time show and how do you feel about the several recent changes

I think I'll always be partial to the MK fireworks, whether they are Wishes or HEA or seasonal shows. To me, it's an iconic thing. As a kid, when I thought of Walt Disney World, I imagined fireworks going off over the castle.

Hey All,

Great first day at work! I think it's going to be a really good fit. :)

Still a long week of front-loading/orientation ahead of me, but just wanted to say I'd be on this weekend with more updating. Love me some 3-day weekend!! BOO YEAH!!!
How did I miss that you got a new job! Congratulations! What are you doing now? Glad to hear you are settling in well! :)
It’s been ages since I’ve eaten at a counter service in MK other than Caseys and Pecos Bills. So, for the sake of switching things up and, in the interest of having something different to write about, the plan is to hit up the Harbor House, CR’s, or a place I’ve, believe it or not, never tried, Pinocchio’s. I have to admit, the menu sounds decent, if not theme-park food-ish and sometimes, that’s not a bad thing. They have a salad on the menu which, by this time in the trip, may be critically needed.
I've never tried Pinocchios either, although the Caprese flatbread has always sounded intriguing. I love CHH, especially for the Lighthouse sandwich!
It's been a spell since I’ve been to Prime Time but do love their fried chicken. We’ll be having an early dinner there between our FPs and our evening activities. I know it may be bordering on blasphemy, but I’m leaning on talking the kids into ordering 1 Sampler and one Chicken Pot Pie to share for the 4 of us. I’m certain that’ll be plenty! Anyone order those before? Good value? Tasty?
I wasn't really a fan of the Chicken Pot Pie when I tried it in July as the sauce was kind of gluey and it wasn't as hot and well seasoned as I would have liked. The onion rings were great though and we loved the banter! Maybe 2 sampler platters between the four of you?
I guess we’ll just toodle around seeing what there is to see (and hopefully find short lines for ToT and RnRc) then head over to SWGE for our 5:00 entry. We have a 6:00 Oga’s and the rumor is (and maybe someone can confirm this…?) you can enter up to 1 hour early if you have an experience ressie. We be po’ folk, so we’ll have some restraint and either be satisfied with virgin libations and hope they have the pizazz of their boozy cousins, or dig deep(er) and splurge on a weak, watered down Disney version of a cocktail and leave with the bragging rights of having had an over-priced drink in a cool, new place. Frankly, I’m just there to see the theming and take photos. The things I do for my readers… 😉
We know you would do anything for your faithful readers........
Today's Must Do's: 1) Sleep in!, 2) Get my kids on Barnstormer, 3) Get a drink at Oga's, 4) Build the coolest droid EVER!, 5) Avoid heartburn and constipation at Prime Time.
All good plans......just don't go on RnRC after eating at 50's like Bill did.
Now, it’s your turn: What is your favorite night-time show and how do you feel about the several recent changes (Wishes to HEA, Illuminations to whatever it is now (sorry, too lazy to look it up), the changes at HS with a new projection show, etc….)?? Do you often stay for them, or jet so you can get on a bus without a 4-mile long line?
I loved Wishes so much and was really worried about HEA. That being said, I like the message behind HEA better. The fact that you are in charge of your destiny.......

Now we're on our way
Leave your fears behind us
Not so far away from the dreams that live inside us
Moving down this road we're chosen
There's no limit to where we're going

The story comes alive, when we look inside
A new adventure there in your life
There in your eyes
It's just beginning
Feel your heart beat faster
Reach out and find your happily ever after
Find your happily ever after
The battles, the stories, the losses and all the glories
We're changed by the way we live every day
Just look up and reach to the sky
We all have the courage to fly

The story comes alive, when we look inside
A new adventure there in your life
There in your eyes
It's just beginning
Feel your heart beat faster
Reach out and find your happily ever after

I like the emphasis that we are in charge......we are not sitting back and wishing for things to change......we are making things change. And this is from the girl who loved Wishes so much that I have a "Just Believe" tattoo on my wrist.

I could care less about the show at HS and I will watch RoL once in a while. I love Illuminations as It has very fond memories for me with my oldest son (then 8, now 19) slipping his hand into mine during the show and saying "Oh Mummy, isn't it the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?" Plus I adore "We Go On"......makes me cry every time.
Didn’t we just leave Batuu? Why, yes! Yes, we did! But, when you pay $50 (each person’s portion) for a droid, doesn’t it make sense to actually…. you know, use it? We’ll play it by ear that morning on whether our intrepid little group wants another EEMH or not with a 4:30 alarm, and my guess is probably not, but you never know. But, if I pitch it as “last chance to see, ride, do, play, etc… in SWGE”, I may just convince them to get their duffs up and at it. If they choose not to, and that’s okay, the plan is to head to EPCOT for a nearly full day there.
Sounds perfect!
Would it be childish of me to admit that I might be even more stoked about this than my kids will ever be? Or that I will demand to borrow one on my next trip?
Not all...... :)
My favorite was Wishes. I enjoy HEA, but wish they'd kept more actual fireworks. I guess they names it Wishes because you're always wishing for it to come back. I can skip ROL, and never loved Illuminations (Twice or three times was enough) so usually headed back to FW for a ride or two before hitting the buses to beat the crowds. It's been WAY too long since I've seen Fantasmic (like 10 years?) and my memory of it is blurry at best. I guess, in general, I'm not a huge nighttime show afficianado and can take or leave them except in MK... and especially for Hallowishes (or its current iteration nowadays).
I couldn't be bothered with Fantasmic either......actually fell asleep during it the first time I watched it. I hear it is better in DL.
Your turn: Do you have a less-visited, not-very-popular attraction that is a family favorite or must-do for you that you love to visit simply for scratching that nostalgic itch?
Oh yes.....all the classics! Country Bear Jamboree, hanging out on Tom Sawyer's Island (many fond memories there with the boys), Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress
Why? Because this morning we have a long trek to make from one Island home to another- from the warm waters of the Caribbean, to our equally tropical, but perhaps bit more deluxe, home in the South Pacific. Aloha, Baby! Does my grass skirt look extra? Does our water view make you jelly? WOOT! We’ll employ the services of Disney to get our bags from one resort to the other, while we take a Lyft to our new digs with our carry-ons. For it would be foolish to arrive without our swimsuits, yes?
POly pool days are the best days!!!
Pulled Pork Nachos topped with onions, cheese, spicy mayo, tomatoes and pineapple salsa $9.29
Yum! So good but so rich....I only managed to finish 1/2 of my order.
I know you might be wondering why not just stay there and go to 'Ohana, but I do have reasons: 1) I just went there in May, and while I do enjoy it, it's not a favorite, 2) We are very small eaters and the price of a buffet per person (no sharing) is astronomical for us. We just don't eat enough at one sitting to justify the cost,
It is very, very expensive. Even with just Bill and I in July it was $138 plus tip. We can't eat that amount of food anymore without feeling unwell. So for now, I will stick to getting a taste of my favourites at Tambu lounge.
Must do's for today: 1) Swim in the Poly Pool and soak in maximum amounts of Florida sunshine to stock up for the horrid winter that Oregon dishes out, 2) Buy another Tiki mug, 3) Eat delicious spaghetti, 4) Do laundry (you can only pack so much), 5) Find the ultimate relaxation zone.
The Oasis pool is my fave....so chill and relaxing there.
I love loads of the lesser-visited attractions! Flame on if you will, but I actually really enjoy the original dark rides like IaSW, COP, the Tiki Room and, gasp!, even CBJ! Yes, I LIKE the Impressions de France, I LIKED (RIP :sad: ) the GMR, and I LIKE Tom Sawyer's Island. No, I don't get to see them every time, far from it, but when I do, I really enjoy seeing the parks through Walt's eyes and as he envisioned entertainment for his audience, however simple and innocent that might have been.
Completely agree!
I know many of my readers have collections, some very large and some very small or limited. Do you collect anything (in addition to a load of credit card debt) from your trips? Could be free stuff, or paid, any category. Do you display it, use it, wear it, etc...?
I am a collector for sure......I have 16 different Disney Dooney and Bourke bags that I rotate through the year. One of my Pandora bracelets is all Disney and I wear it every day. I also collect Pins and have recently started trading. I am sure to get a pin from my resort each trip as well as any new events/experiences I might do.

I collect coffee mugs, I have all the you are here mugs from Starbucks! I need to get the newest edition ones now.

Andi has an impressive pin collection, most all our meaningful to her, favorite rides, events, resorts. To heavy to wear now!

I know many of my readers have collections, some very large and some very small or limited
Only things I collect, per se are cards.
SOTMK and transportation. I guess I'm also collecting galactic hero stickers and buttons. I will guess considering someone mentioned it, I have quite a few AP magnets though not necessarily trying to collect them

L is for: Lamenting our Last Day on the Lanai- Day 9

Because torturing my children is a specialty of mine, today finds us once more in a Lyft on our way to AK for a 7:00 opening. Unless the kids direct us elsewhere. It's our last day; I'm happy to change things up if they want and head to a different park. Or course, they'd love FOP, but....

I don’t imagine that we’ll brave another EMH Marathon for FOP, specifically. Why when we have a FiP for 1:00? Haha, FiPs for FOP. I can see this catching on! Instead, being the Leader of this Pack, with more clout (and the financial authority) to steer the ship any direction I want (mostly), I’ll turn the bow to EE, a Safari, maybe Navi, and the new UP Bird show. I haven’t seen that yet, so may as well. NO trip goes without shaking my thang with Tam Tam, so after a cinnamon roll, we’ll head that way, grab a table at Dawa, and just breathe everything in that is Harmabe. My number 1 Must Do for this day is to prevent my children from returning to the table at the Dawa with $20 worth of fudge like last time we sat there. I daresay that charging privileges will be um, restricted this time around. One highlight that we’ve got planned is a lunch with @Jenny Sanders and Joe around noon. We’ll probably play phone tag for a while as they make their way from St. Pete.

After some general loitering and thoroughly embarrassing my children with Tam Tam, we’ll probably find some more miscellaneous things to spend our time doing until our FiP for FOP at 1:00. Are you annoyed with that yet? I can keep going… FiP for FOP

FiP for FOP

FiP for FOP

FiP for FOP…

(In case you’re wondering, yes, I do know it’s FP+, but FiP is WAY more fun to say. Try it, you’ll like it!) Perhaps before our FiPs, we’ll end up on my beloved trails, working on Wilderness Badges, seeing the Nemo Show… who knows! Nevertheless, we’ll round out our day with EE and Dino rides. I haven’t done Dino in like 10 years or more. I hope my neck doesn’t completely spazz out and wreck the rest of my trip.

By 3:30, we’ll be sauntering (hobbling? dragging? carried?) out of the park to either a convalescent home or back to the Poly. Because while it seems our trip is over, it’s just not. Sure, it’ll be our last time as a group leaving our last park, but we still have some hours at “home” to rest and recover. You know that Water View I upgraded to? It needs use! And heck, we’ll be right there, so the BFP includes getting 2 portions of the Twilight Feast:

🌴🌴🌴 Polynesian Twilight Feast Experience a complete in-room dining adventure for the entire family. You will enjoy the same delicacies featured in the 'Ohana's dining room. A selection of guests' favorites including Spiced Chicken Wings, Asian-style Pot Stickers, Yokisoba Noodles, Stir-fried Vegetables, and our special 'Ohana Sunset Punch; followed with our skewered meats and oak-grilled shrimp seasoned and cooked to perfection. Then we top it all off with our famous Bread Pudding which finishes this magnificent feast. $20.00 for guests 9 and under; for guests 10 and older $60.00🌴🌴🌴

The plan is to feast on its deliciousness with our feet up gazing out over the tropical gardens of our South Pacific Island Home and bask in all that we’ve been blessed with over the last week… time together being the most important. Of course, by now, we may very well be ready to rip each other’s throats out too… we’re a normal, hard-working, red-blooded family who shares many of the same things yours does. Remember Friends, we have a lot more in common than what we disagree on.

The evening will almost certainly end with some time in the pool or hot tub, showers, last minute packing, and deep, comfortable slumber.

Must do’s for Day 9: 1) Not pay $20 for fudge!, 2) my beloved Grilled Chicken Salad from Satuli, 3) Not break my neck on Dino, 4) Swim some more!, 5) Take loads of nice photos in my favorite park

Steppe’s answer to last chapter’s question:

I collect a few things, but do not collect anything not gotten during a trip. Kinda… I am in the process of collecting coffee mugs from every resort I’ve stayed at like a badge of honor sorta. LOL! I am missing a couple, like Ft. Wilderness and Pop, but hope to get both of those this trip. Also, I bought one off of Ebay from the Coronado in anticipation, but now ended up not staying there. So, I kinda REALLY have to now! 🌵🌮When I went to Pop this last trip, I was told they were in the process of switching out designs and the new ones hadn’t arrived, so am on a quest for that one. Oddly, there are NONE at all from that resort on Ebay. ?? Very strange.

Have: Poly, GF, POR, POFQ, AoA, Coronado, Boardwalk
Will get: Ft. Wilderness, Pop, CBR, WL

Secondly, I collect pins but only about 2 pins from each trip. I try to choose one that symbolizes a memory I want to hold from that trip that made it special or unique and any others from a tour or special event I did. On at least one of them I try to have the year on it. My 2 favorites are the Wanyama Tour pin, my Club 33 pin, and my VIP one from the EPIC trip that I lost and got back. Huzzah!

Not really a collection, but one that kinda just happens is the AP magnets from EPCOT. I really like them a lot and hope to grab a couple more this coming trip.

And now… it’s YOUR turn! Do you have any last day traditions? Parks you have to do last? Things you need to “say good-bye” to? Do you relax and pack slowly, or milk every minute out of park time? And what do you make sure you take home with you? A certain snack? Toiletries?

Last edited:
I'm only on I but realized I haven't posted a comment in awhile and figured it was time to do so!

You'll have plenty of time to read and catch up when I'm gone. ;) No worries!

Frozen Sing-Along is MUCH better than B&B and LM. The actors performing the show have a lot of ability to improv and it makes it much more fun than you'd expect. I agree that it's worth seeing once.

This gives me hope!

I got the chicken pot pie over the summer and Alex got the sampler, and I do think it can be split between four people. I only ate about half of my pot pie. I remember you all split dishes at Coral Reef and these portions are much bigger.

I was SO disappointed with portion sizes in 2016. I DO think getting a bit more "bang for our buck" played a bit into where planned meals this time, sadly.

When the rest of your party members actually suggest something in the planning stages, it's really hard to not to do it. Have to appease everyone, unfortunately.

It certainly is! Just like you shopping on occasion to make the hubs a happy guy. ;)

I think I'll always be partial to the MK fireworks, whether they are Wishes or HEA or seasonal shows. To me, it's an iconic thing. As a kid, when I thought of Walt Disney World, I imagined fireworks going off over the castle.

It's cool how our childhood memories play such a big part of what we enjoy most now.

How did I miss that you got a new job! Congratulations! What are you doing now? Glad to hear you are settling in well! :)

Thanks! I took a per diem job at a local hospital to supplement my current job. It's a lot like what I do now, but with some cool added skills like accessing PICC lines and Porta-caths for antibiotic infusions, transfusing blood, working in the Cardiac Cath Lab, and possibly getting trained to give IV Conscious Sedation for Endo procedures. I"m SUPER excited to have my first day of On-the-Floor Training on Wednesday and Thursday.
I've never tried Pinocchios either, although the Caprese flatbread has always sounded intriguing. I love CHH, especially for the Lighthouse sandwich!
I don't know if people just don't go there, or?? I just see so very few reviews or visits there.

I wasn't really a fan of the Chicken Pot Pie when I tried it in July as the sauce was kind of gluey and it wasn't as hot and well seasoned as I would have liked. The onion rings were great though and we loved the banter! Maybe 2 sampler platters between the four of you?

Good to know! You might be right.. 2 Samplers. As long as there are plenty of mashers!

We know you would do anything for your faithful readers........

HAHA! It's a lot of smoke and mirrors... ;)

All good plans......just don't go on RnRC after eating at 50's like Bill did.

EEK! Not doing that! Yikes!

I loved Wishes so much and was really worried about HEA. That being said, I like the message behind HEA better. The fact that you are in charge of your destiny.......
I like the emphasis that we are in charge......we are not sitting back and wishing for things to change......we are making things change. And this is from the girl who loved Wishes so much that I have a "Just Believe" tattoo on my wrist.

I love the new message too and try to live it every day!

I love Illuminations as It has very fond memories for me with my oldest son (then 8, now 19) slipping his hand into mine during the show and saying "Oh Mummy, isn't it the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?" Plus I adore "We Go On"......makes me cry every time.

WHOA! Now that is a sweet memory! Heaven on Earth!

I couldn't be bothered with Fantasmic either......actually fell asleep during it the first time I watched it. I hear it is better in DL.

LOL! And that's saying something!

Oh yes.....all the classics! Country Bear Jamboree, hanging out on Tom Sawyer's Island (many fond memories there with the boys), Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress

:cloud9:

POly pool days are the best days!!!

And I hope to get a goodly amount of time at it!

Yum! So good but so rich....I only managed to finish 1/2 of my order.

That is actually GOOD NEWS! I want to be able to share them with the whole group of us.

It is very, very expensive. Even with just Bill and I in July it was $138 plus tip. We can't eat that amount of food anymore without feeling unwell. So for now, I will stick to getting a taste of my favourites at Tambu lounge.

We'll be doing Trader Sam's for that, and Capt. Cooks too. Loads of choices at the Poly!

I am a collector for sure......I have 16 different Disney Dooney and Bourke bags that I rotate through the year. One of my Pandora bracelets is all Disney and I wear it every day. I also collect Pins and have recently started trading. I am sure to get a pin from my resort each trip as well as any new events/experiences I might do.
That IS quite the collection! I think pin trading is a nice aside for a solo traveler. I haven't taken the plunge (as I'm probably going to take a little break from Disney for a bit and travel elsewhere) but can see myself doing that someday. For now, it's a pin or two each trip that symbolizes the memory I most want to take away.

I collect coffee mugs, I have all the you are here mugs from Starbucks! I need to get the newest edition ones now.
I love those too! I have enough from the resorts and don't have room for more, but do LOVE the design of them! Very Mary Blairesque!
Andi has an impressive pin collection, most all our meaningful to her, favorite rides, events, resorts. To heavy to wear now!
I love that they are meaningful to her. :goodvibes It's cool that she has those to look back to to remember good things!

Only things I collect, per se are cards.
SOTMK and transportation. I guess I'm also collecting galactic hero stickers and buttons. I will guess considering someone mentioned it, I have quite a few AP magnets though not necessarily trying to collect them

Awesome thing to collect too!!! My son adores his cards from SOTMK and were the first things he put in his bag he tells me. I wish I could get there more often to have gotten a few more of the magnets, but you do what you can do. I am pretty excited about the possibilty of getting the coasters in a couple weeks! I love my cutting board and use almost every day, so again, thanks for that!

Okay Ladies and Gents:

We're down to the wire. You know that feeling... Pre-Disney Trip Crunch Time! I work the rest of the week (and start my new job!), then take off with Karilynn from Salem in the middle of the night/Saturday morning for DLR. A VERY short, whirlwind trip to hang out with Fran and Alison, Su-Lynn and Steve, Lesley, and possibly Jenny. We've got some really fun things planned starting with Shabu-Shabu Saturday night after a day in the parks!

I get back on Monday then work Tues-Thursday. I've already mentioned that the youngest 2 kids and I will be heading up to Beaverton to spend the night with Mikki and leaving from her apartment at 3:00AM for our flight Friday morning!!! It's getting REAL!!!!!

7 work days; 3 vacation days! That's IT!!!

So, in that vein, I may or may not have time to write and put more updates out. I will try as I have some things I really want to share about this trip still: My ABC Scavenger Hunt for this trip, MNSSHP party plans, Food and Wine Lists, you know, the fun misc. stuff! It also means I probably am out of time to re-visit your wonderful stories and threads again before leaving. I'll catch up as best I can when I get back! Meanwhile... enjoy the start to your school year, the beginnings of your Fall, the settling into new routines.... And remember,

"You Is Kind, You Is Smart, You Is Important!"

Last edited:
Oh my gosh that is one of my favorite quotes ever! I-loved that book and movie!! I knew we had so much in common!
Have an awesome DL trip and WDW trip!
I think it's definitely in my top 5 movie picks. Just adore the message!

(And yes, I think we do! :hug: )

Awesome thing to collect too!!! My son adores his cards from SOTMK and were the first things he put in his bag he tells me. I wish I could get there more often to have gotten a few more of the magnets, but you do what you can do. I am pretty excited about the possibilty of getting the coasters in a couple weeks! I love my cutting board and use almost every day, so again, thanks for that!
I would like to get a whole set, but I have a feeling it won't happen...the early parties had lower attendance and thus less cards out there. I've heard you can buy them (small fortune) on ebay, but I don't think I want to go that route.

It just worked out, after considering all things, that returning to MK the next morning was the best plan.
Whoa. Ambitious. Sure you won't be MK burned out?
the plan is to hit up the Harbor House, CR’s, or a place I’ve, believe it or not, never tried, Pinocchio’s
I've had CHH on the radar for a long time. Never tried Pinocchio's. Not heard much good about it, so...
followed by a Frozen Sing-along. There’s been recent chatter here and there that it’s worth seeing at least once,
::yes::
It's been a spell since I’ve been to Prime Time but do love their fried chicken.
Yes! Yum!
And the onion rings! Get some of those!
I know it may be bordering on blasphemy, but I’m leaning on talking the kids into ordering 1 Sampler and one Chicken Pot Pie to share for the 4 of us. I’m certain that’ll be plenty! Anyone order those before? Good value? Tasty?
Order a PB&J shake. You could split it easily.
We have a 6:00 Oga’s and the rumor is (and maybe someone can confirm this…?) you can enter up to 1 hour early if you have an experience ressie.
Wait... they still have entry times? What?
About as slim as getting a bus in under 30 minutes or of the Skyliner running to get us home.
The Skyliner isn't slated to open until Sep 29 now. :sad2:
What is your favorite night-time show
Wishes.
and how do you feel about the several recent changes (Wishes to HEA,
I think I just answered that.

And I'll be doing a bit more of THAT starting after vacation and well, 2 days this coming week.

:sad:

20% more pay= 2 hours earlier than normal.
Still the extra $$$ will help assuage your loss of sleep.
Not very princess-y, no?
Queen-y?
SR? Confused.
Smuggler's Run
Uhh, NO ONE got that reference. ;)

Dr. Stevens says, "Uhh...", about 14 times in his pre-show sequence.. am I the only one who cracks up at this every single time? LOLOLOL :lmao:
ohhhhhh… uhh, okay.
LOL! I'd rather have LOTS of chatter than none at all. :) Bring it.
I am!
::yes:: Saw that.
It might border on blasphemy, but I actually like it a bit more than a Dole Whip.
:eek:

:faint:
Hmmm, I guess Vic and Al's but that's not reasonable to expect to do again. So hmmm.... Mr. Paul? Tiffins? Depends on my mood.
Can't say about Tiffins, but... the other two? ::yes::
True! I love my jobs very much and love my patients even more.
And.... maybe it's good you skipped the punchline, then.

“What’s fun is that little R2-E2 reacted to the sights at Galaxy’s Edge along with me. He made excited little chirps when we entered the Resistance Forest, and moaned in despair when we wandered too close to the First Order. It was just enough to make him feel alive, like an active participant in the experience.”
Oh! That sounds cool!!
FiPs are for LwtL (I know, I know…),
:sad2:
Figment (I know, I KNOW!)
:sad2: :sad2:
I’ve been screwed at all 3 in the past with long lines.
Popular, obviously.

:rolleyes1
As for Figment, I bought my daughter a quirky purple dragon plush when she was about 5… she still has it. Need I say more?
:hug: That makes it totally understandable. :)
a dinner at Spice Road Table- another first for this gal.
I've been wanting to go there for the last several trips. Doubt I'll ever get there.
I guess they names it Wishes because you're always wishing for it to come back.
<sigh>… yeah.
Do you have a less-visited, not-very-popular attraction that is a family favorite or must-do for you that you love to visit simply for scratching that nostalgic itch?
Only must do for me is HM. But it's obviously not "less-visited".
Because this morning we have a long trek to make from one Island home to another- from the warm waters of the Caribbean, to our equally tropical, but perhaps bit more deluxe, home in the South Pacific.
Nice!
Does our water view make you jelly?
Very much so.
Pulled Pork Nachos topped with onions, cheese, spicy mayo, tomatoes and pineapple salsa $9.29
That sounds good. :)
I envision myself damaging a few more skin cells with excessive poolside lounging (Ok, fine, I’ll put on sunscreen) and a few more liver cells with a poolside libation.
Well... damage away then!
The overriding goal here on this day is to fully max out our enjoyment of this resort. It's a hard to understand concept for me to not spend at least one full day milking this massive splurge for all its worth.
Makes perfect sense.
On one of my recent trips, I stopped by Maria and Enzo’s to check it out.
Interesting looking place. Haven't heard too much about it though.
Do you collect anything (in addition to a load of credit card debt) from your trips?
From Disney? No.

Because torturing my children is a specialty of mine,
that's what they're there for.
Haha, FiPs for FOP.
:laughing:
and the new UP Bird show.
Better than the unfortunate sequel...
down.jpg
NO trip goes without shaking my thang with Tam Tam,
I do remember that of you.
My number 1 Must Do for this day is to prevent my children from returning to the table at the Dawa with $20 worth of fudge like last time we sat there.
$20 worth of fudge? At Disney? What is that... a teaspoon?
miscellaneous things to spend our time doing until our FiP for FOP at 1:00. Are you annoyed with that yet? I can keep going… FiP for FOP

FiP for FOP

FiP for FOP

FiP for FOP…
:sad2:
🌴🌴🌴 Polynesian Twilight Feast Experience a complete in-room dining adventure for the entire family. You will enjoy the same delicacies featured in the 'Ohana's dining room. A selection of guests' favorites including Spiced Chicken Wings, Asian-style Pot Stickers, Yokisoba Noodles, Stir-fried Vegetables, and our special 'Ohana Sunset Punch; followed with our skewered meats and oak-grilled shrimp seasoned and cooked to perfection. Then we top it all off with our famous Bread Pudding which finishes this magnificent feast. $20.00 for guests 9 and under; for guests 10 and older $60.00🌴🌴🌴
Nice!
So you basically get to eat 'Ohana food twice this year. Lucky. I've never been, nor do I expect I ever will. Maybe if a group of DISdads does an Epic trip like you ladies did?

I work the rest of the week (and start my new job!), then take off with Karilynn from Salem in the middle of the night/Saturday morning for DLR. A VERY short, whirlwind trip to hang out with Fran and Alison, Su-Lynn and Steve, Lesley, and possibly Jenny.
Say hi to everyone that knows me!
We've got some really fun things planned starting with Shabu-Shabu Saturday night after a day in the parks!
Wow! Sounds great!
leaving from her apartment at 3:00AM for our flight Friday morning!!!
:faint:
And yet... I think I'm doing the same... or worse. :laughing:
"You Is Kind, You Is Smart, You Is Important!"
Image result for the help you is kind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter