The 40th B-day Bash - Day 1- July 16

BetsyAnn

Mouseketeer
The Big 40th B-day Bash - Disneyland Trip

The trip started with a road trip from Denver, CO through Crested Butte, CO then on to Cedar City, Utah with a night stay and then to Las Vegas for a night. From Las Vegas into Anaheim.

The players were –
BetsyAnn – the Birthday Girl- me- Disneyland fantic since the age of 2
Dad – my father – 63 years old – bring it on!
Mom – my mother – 63 years old – just don’t put me on a roller coaster
David – my brother – 37 years old – Let’s go to Disney
Carrie – my almost sister in –law – first timer to Disneyland
Missy – Carrie’s younger sister – 12 years old – first timer to Disneyland
Sebby – my almost nephew – 6 years old – Where’s Mickey?
Anna – my almost niece – 3 years old – Bring on the Mouse

Day 1 – July 16, 2001 - “I just can’t get this smile off my face!”

We arrived at the Hilton Anaheim at about 3 pm – unloaded the van, unpacked and headed for the park at about 4:30pm for a bite to eat and quick tour of park so the kids could look around.

I have to re-tell the story of my first time at Disneyland at about the age of 2. I had told everyone that Mickey Mouse would be waiting for me at the gate. The adults tried to let me know Mickey might be busy running the park. Of course, Mickey was waiting at the gate for me. And the rest is history.

Mickey comes through again. Now back to the present. After entering the park – we walked under the railroad tracks on the right side of the park. We saw Pluto and Goofy standing near Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I looked to the corner of the square and there was Mickey himself. Sebby and Anna – got that look of amazement and wonder we all know. We all walked over to Mickey. Sebby was trying to get Mickey’s attention when Mickey spotted Anna and walked straight to her, bent down and put his arms out. Anna hesitated for a moment then pinched Mickey’s nose and gave him a big hug. Sebby also got a hug and a picture. And you know I got my picture too. As we continued down Main Street, Sebby turned to me and said, “ I just can’t get this smile off my face.”

Anna asked if we could walk through the castle. We walked through Fantasyland and then through Froniterland and ate at River Belle Terrace. The food was good; restaurant very busy, and we found a table inside. The children had kid’s meals – the pbj sandwiches were in Mickey Mouse shape and plentiful – the chicken kid’s meal was not as filling. The adults had fish, or chicken, or the clam chowder in a bowl and beef stew in a bread bowl. Everyone enjoyed. After dinner, we went and rode the train from New Orleans Square to Main gate. I made a quick stop at the Emporium to get autograph books for the kids to have for the next day. We went back to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter