The 2023 FW Campground Christmas Golf Cart Parade

Thank you so much for posting this, we are hoping to be at the fort to see this live in 2024 Or maybe even join in.

How do you get to join? Is it open to anyone?
Can you decorate the buggies you can hire from the fort, or are the only decorated buggies privately owned or hired from an external company?

Thank you so much for posting this, we are hoping to be at the fort to see this live in 2024 Or maybe even join in.

How do you get to join? Is it open to anyone?
Can you decorate the buggies you can hire from the fort, or are the only decorated buggies privately owned or hired from an external company?

Hi Nicole. :wave:

The golf cart parades are free to participate in for anyone at Fort Wilderness. You can rent a Disney cart and decorate it to participate or folks bring their own carts and decorate them. The Christmas parade is always the day before Christmas (Dec 24) in the afternoon.

On the monthly activity sign (usually posted down in front of the Bike Barn and maybe elsewhere) that our poster @Disneypeach gave us for last month:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2023-fort-wilderness-christmas-activities.3935541/

There are some instructions under the "Holiday Golf Cart Extravaganza" line item in the pic that I can't read (maybe someone more familiar can help with that). But having participated in the Halloween parade, I know the general plan is folks gather at the Hitch/Unhitch area in the grass off to the side starting about an hour before the parade and just starting lining up one behind the other in long lines. Here is an example from my Halloween parade:

Some folks go all out as you could see in the video. I did something just to be able to participate which was fun. It's pretty laid back and informal.

At the appointed time the lines just roll forward one at a time to form a long single line and slowly make their way down Fort Wilderness Trail (the road from the checkin area straight down to the lake that goes past the Meadow Trading Post). People line both sides of the road most of the way to watch. Once the parade reaches intersection with Big Pine Trail down by loops 100/400/700, the carts are free to resume normal speed and return to their campsite via BPT although some pull off to the side of BPT and watch the carts that were behind THEM in line.

Disney golf carts are only available for rent to guests who are staying at Fort Wilderness Resort (cabins or sites). As a spectator, the easiest way to get there and see it is to take transportation to the Magic Kingdom and then use its boat or bus option back to Fort Wilderness which will put you down at the Settlement area (down by the lake, Hoop Dee Doo, and the Horse Barn at TCD) and you can walk to Fort Wilderness Trail easily.

Hope you can make it to the parade in 2024.

Bama Ed

Hi Nicole. :wave:

The golf cart parades are free to participate in for anyone at Fort Wilderness. You can rent a Disney cart and decorate it to participate or folks bring their own carts and decorate them. The Christmas parade is always the day before Christmas (Dec 24) in the afternoon.

On the monthly activity sign (usually posted down in front of the Bike Barn and maybe elsewhere) that our poster @Disneypeach gave us for last month:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2023-fort-wilderness-christmas-activities.3935541/

There are some instructions under the "Holiday Golf Cart Extravaganza" line item in the pic that I can't read (maybe someone more familiar can help with that). But having participated in the Halloween parade, I know the general plan is folks gather at the Hitch/Unhitch area in the grass off to the side starting about an hour before the parade and just starting lining up one behind the other in long lines. Here is an example from my Halloween parade:

Some folks go all out as you could see in the video. I did something just to be able to participate which was fun. It's pretty laid back and informal.

At the appointed time the lines just roll forward one at a time to form a long single line and slowly make their way down Fort Wilderness Trail (the road from the checkin area straight down to the lake that goes past the Meadow Trading Post). People line both sides of the road most of the way to watch. Once the parade reaches intersection with Big Pine Trail down by loops 100/400/700, the carts are free to resume normal speed and return to their campsite via BPT although some pull off to the side of BPT and watch the carts that were behind THEM in line.

Disney golf carts are only available for rent to guests who are staying at Fort Wilderness Resort (cabins or sites). As a spectator, the easiest way to get there and see it is to take transportation to the Magic Kingdom and then use its boat or bus option back to Fort Wilderness which will put you down at the Settlement area (down by the lake, Hoop Dee Doo, and the Horse Barn at TCD) and you can walk to Fort Wilderness Trail easily.

Hope you can make it to the parade in 2024.

Bama Ed
Thank you so much for all that information, very helpful, hopefully we will get to join in. We are really hoping to stay in one of the new cabins next Christmas but we are not DVC so it will totally depend on whether there are any available to rent through Disney at Xmas. We have stayed many times before but never at Xmas, we love hiring the buggies and driving around, lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter