The 2022 Holiday Tours have been released...

see that the tour is marked to begin at 6:30 most nights. Would that exclude a parade viewing on the same night? Or could you watch the parade, then book it to tour check in?
Good questions!

I’ll toss in wondering where Mannheim Steamroller would fit into one night also :confused3 It’s been awhile, seem to recall most concerts after the parades

Staying offsite & wanted to again hit as much of the various Xmas festivities. Hadn’t planned on 2 nights @ U. :crazy:

I had no idea you could buy tickets for special events from third parties.

I bought my tickets to the Christmas event directly from the Universal website. They were $79.99 each.

Bought our tickets tonight for Thanksgiving weekend! Called and got our Annual Pass $10 off per ticket ! So excited.. we did this last year and are loving that this is different.

Can anyone tell me where/how to book this? Might be a nice treat for my 30th wedding anniversary.

I'm looking at this but would the Santa pictures still be included after Christmas? We are looking at the 29 of December based on our dates.

I'm looking at this but would the Santa pictures still be included after Christmas? We are looking at the 29 of December based on our dates.
I can’t answer for this year, but we went around that time last year and they were included. There was lots of joking about how tired he (Santa) was.

I received an email from universal yesterday about the VIP Christmas tour. Looks like there’s a new location for the check in counter:

• Arrive early for your experience: To ensure you enjoy all the features of your tour, please plan to arrive at your scheduled check in time. Upon arrival at Universal CityWalk, enter theSoundstage 18 Plaza, located between the entrance to Universal Studios Florida and the Hard Rock Café, at the check in time stated in the above section. Please have your theme park admission ready to be scanned at this time. Once the theater opens, your Holiday Tour Guide will direct you to reserved seats to enjoy a viewing of the Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular. Please note, the Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular has a set schedule and late arrivals are not able to enter the theater once the show has started. If for any reason you arrive after the show doors have already closed and entry is no longer allowed, you will have the opportunity to catch up with your tour group at the conclusion of the show.

Was very happy with our picture last year, often that sort tends to be rushed. It was decidedly not. Photographer was quite patient with multiple fussy kids during our time there.

I'll be the naysayer about the tour. Please do not proceed if you do not want this experience spoiled and/or ruined. This is my experience and I'm sure the lack of staff and opening night played a part.

My family and I were there the first night it opened and it was not great. I realize the ticket prices are only $80 each, but most of that 5 hours is spent waiting in line or waiting on someone/something.

When we arrived around 5:30, we thought we were going to be early for the 6pm. Nope. The line was almost to the Universal entrance. At 6pm, they started letting people in. There were hundreds and they had 2 people accepting tickets and handing out wristbands. They then finally added a 3rd person. The first people let in were sent into the Who-liday Spectacular and myself and hundreds of others, were still waiting in that massive line winding through when that group was lead out and onto other parts of the tour.

When we did show our VIP tickets, we were then directed (sort of) about where to go, to then get verified on an Excel spreadsheet of people. However, if the person you were assigned to was not available, because they were "hosting" you had to wait or join someone else. Then you waited in another line to wait to go see the Who show while your Tour Guide showed up and the rest of your "group of 12". Then you went to the show and waited for the entire auditorium to be filled. Yes, packed full.

Bring your patience and best waiting shoes, because it does not stop there. The show is great, no complaints. The rest of the "tour" lead us to another line of waiting to have our tickets verified (park tickets this time, not tour tickets), then our guide "thought" we were supposed to go one way, but ended up being another. Again, "Opening Night hiccups" mentioned by staff. Sure, sure, please continue to iron it out with us along for the ride. We did some behind the scenes touring and made our way to Seussville to get our food / drinks. The tour guide just says "Here's where you get in line to snag food and drinks, I'll meet you later. You have 45 minutes to do this and meet the Grinch."

The food is eh. It's not like anybody expects it to be super amazing, but it was edible. Minus the cookies which even my kids wouldn't eat. The hot cocoa station was left unmanned when we arrived, so that meant there were already some hot cocoas ready, so you could grab and go. Later on though, they added people to help with them and you received a hot cup and the promised "fixings" for the top. Access to the water / FreeStyle machines is a disaster with that place filled with people, but not much to be done.

You could meet Max, he was a very good boy, even if he seemed scared to be there. Not that I blame him. The Grinch was amazing! Our first encounter and nothing but great things to say.

Except, don't forget you're part of a "tour group" and you then have to wait another 20+ minutes because the other couple in your group waited until time was almost up to get in the long line to meet The Grinch. Fear not, they'll finally have their meet & greet and you can all be on your way to some other behind the scenes stuff. Oh, but there's also a ride! Spoiler alert, it's Jimmy Fallon's ride. We walked right on as it was already filled with other tour groups. Hooray!

We were then lead outside to a balcony for more "info about the park". Cool if you are interested in what buildings used to be there, but not cool if you have zero interest in that stuff. To each their own.

We went back inside to stand in line to meet Santa! The man himself! You must use the photocard they provide, so do not worry about carrying around your photo pass!

Then we went "behind the scenes" and made our way to Hogwarts. It was packed. The hot butterbeer spot was open, but the line did not seem worth it. So, we waited for the castle show. It was spectacular. Really very fun, but there's limited room.

And now? You guessed it. The entire mob exits. It's almost like the rope drop morning run for Hagrid's, but in reverse and less running because it's now 11pm.

I'm sure there are people who will / did enjoy this, but it's not for us ever again.

The entire mob exits. It's almost like the rope drop morning run for Hagrid's, but in reverse and less running because it's now 11pm.
Thanks for the review

the tour castle show wasn’t after hours this year? the video commentary seemed to indicate it was.

Last edited:
It’s advertised as such…Weird
Yes, that would pretty much be the ‘final straw’ for us. It was one of the nicest features last year to have the entire HP area to yourself for an hour or so…no attractions but, shops were open. Allowed lots of nice photo ops.

one thing i didn’t catch…

Appears you don’t have to purchase a day tix to attend the event. Not sure that’s how it worked last year.

Last edited:
Yes, that would pretty much be the ‘final straw’ for us. It was one of the nicest features last year to have the entire HP area to yourself for an hour or so…no attractions but, shops were open. Allowed lots of nice photo ops.

one thing i didn’t catch…

Appears you don’t have to purchase a day tix to attend the event. Not sure that’s how it worked last year.
It does say you have to have valid park entry so that would be a day ticket.

Attachments

• 623F0B2C-627D-476E-AAAC-B1E9BC2659A2.jpeg
    623F0B2C-627D-476E-AAAC-B1E9BC2659A2.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter