The “Little Things” at Disneyland

How about this tiny detail: the CM's uniforms? In many cases, it's not just a sloppily thrown together illfitting shirt with Disney on it somewhere and dirty old apron. Some, including those at HM look like they're made of high quality materials and tailored to fit. It's not just that Disney makes sure their themes are carried through down to the last nut and bolt but that anything and "anyone" representing Disney is well presented.

I would have said the Eeyore sign from the parking lot before DCA was built in the IJ ride queue but I swear it was not there when I looked for it in June (and I have seen it before so I did know what I was looking for). There was another person in line with me who had also seen it before and couldn't find it either. Can anyone confirm if its really gone or did we just miss it somehow?

I like to watch the people on Grizzly River Rapids as they get close to end of the ride. You all might know what I'm talking about. In the middle of the river there is a geyser that shoots up periodically and rains down on the riders of the raft. It's hilarious / awesome to see peoples reactions.
I love the geyser viewing area. There are a couple of GRR spots that just make a lovely place to stop and breathe for a bit.

I would have said the Eeyore sign from the parking lot before DCA was built in the IJ ride queue but I swear it was not there when I looked for it in June (and I have seen it before so I did know what I was looking for). There was another person in line with me who had also seen it before and couldn't find it either. Can anyone confirm if its really gone or did we just miss it somehow?
I know I've seen it before but in October when we were there I couldn't find it either.

I've looked for it every chance I get when I'm in the queue (a few times a month) and have never seen it. I've convinced myself that its really well hidden and that's why I still can't find it.

On a VIP tour, our guide shared with us that each night the CMs who take care of the HM actually bring IN dirt and dust to spread around because the foot traffic sort of sweeps a lot of it away and the track does the same! Every time I go in the HM I find myself looking at the deliberate grime in amazement...

Remembering this as I’m currently in a losing battle with dust bunnies everywhere!! Wonder if DL ever takes mail order dust?? Lol

Oh man, I’m the king of focusing in on tiny details. But maybe this type of details are the ones you’re looking for :P
I really love the green color that they use to paint the low railing along the landscaped/flower bed areas, it’s rich and bright at the same time and they’re always so freshly painted.
I enjoy perusing the souvenirs (often kitsch/camp/tacky ones) at the newsstand just at the entrance near the gates. I love seeing if the same souvenirs I saw/bought back in the 80’s are still on sale now: that funny shaped yello flashlight that had Disneyland in raised red letters, the mickey mouse back scratcher, the giant pencils with eraser top, the accordion fold post card books, etc. These days most souvenirs employ colorful LED’s to an extent.
I’ll have to look for the back scratcher. My grandma spanked me with it once. I was horrified. My grams was the pushover. Never spanked me before. I hated that back scratcher! Loved it before that. 😂

I like to watch the people on Grizzly River Rapids as they get close to end of the ride. You all might know what I'm talking about. In the middle of the river there is a geyser that shoots up periodically and rains down on the riders of the raft. It's hilarious / awesome to see peoples reactions.
Here is another thing. If the geyser goes off while the raft is above it, the water will quickly fill the foot area, thus soaking your feet, and potentially more. We had an offduty CM with us, as the other CMs saw him he told us to cover the drain holes with our feet before we got to the geyser, sure enough it would have nailed us had we not known that trick.

Is the foundation for the house of the future still there?
I think it is -- it's in Pixie Hollow, but you have to look very carefully.

Ask the CM in the movie room to show you -- but this only works if the CM has a good flashlight, otherwise it is impossible to see the sign in that dim light. We've had trouble seeing it lately, too; but I put it down to the CMs' wonky flashlights (change the batteries, guys!) and how rushed they were.

Last edited:
Check out the tribute to Country Bear Jambore on the Pooh ride. Right after the efalumps and woozles scene turn around and look up. You will see the buffalo head from Country Bears.

Check out the tribute to Country Bear Jambore on the Pooh ride. Right after the efalumps and woozles scene turn around and look up. You will see the buffalo head from Country Bears.

Oh! I missed that last time (and I was SO SAD they took out Country Bears. That was my favorite way to rest and cool off)

Here is another thing. If the geyser goes off while the raft is above it, the water will quickly fill the foot area, thus soaking your feet, and potentially more. We had an offduty CM with us, as the other CMs saw him he told us to cover the drain holes with our feet before we got to the geyser, sure enough it would have nailed us had we not known that trick.

UGH.🙄 Sloshing soggy sneakers no more!! Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this little nugget!!

Great insider tip. I don’t mind my feet getting wet since I started wearing Tevas to the parks in hot weather! My feet hurt less and the straps dry quick!

What I love if that the tradition to pay homage to past attractions continues to this day.

My hobby-Disney-historian teenage daughter pointed out to me that there is a mosaic of the flying carpet on the floor by the entrance to the Tropical Hideaway, a little tip to the hat to Aladdin’s Oasis, which has to make room for it.

She also told me that she found one of the Bug’s Land (RIP) benches in Toontown.

Also, those of us who know that Jessie’s Carousel used to be King Triton’s may notice that the restroom right next to it still has the ocean themed tiles.

There is a fantastic exhibit of original models and concept art for the Haunted Mansion, including many ideas that didn’t actually end up being used in the “Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” building. This is a temporary exhibit in honor of the ride’s anniversary, but there are also some general permanent exhibits in that area, such as a large, intricately crafted map of Disneyland on opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter