MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting. Based on the 2017 and 2018 patterns there should have been an EMM there. I wonder if no EMMs for December and January yet, plus the “freeze” on booking October and November EMMs does mean the prices are being evaluated?

With the WDW Marathon being 1/13 (and also generally signaling the end of the busy holiday season) - I sort of expect you will eventually see EMM dates be added at some point in Jan.

I just looked back at some notes and it looks like the Jan 2018 dates became bookable around 10/9/2017, I think. I didn’t always keep full notes then I have been lately so I’ll caveat that I may be off on my dates there.

So we may just be in a oh so fun “off 180 pattern” once again! :-)

With the WDW Marathon being 1/13 (and also generally signaling the end of the busy holiday season) - I sort of expect you will eventually see EMM dates be added at some point in Jan.

I just looked back at some notes and it looks like the Jan 2018 dates became bookable around 10/9/2017, I think. I didn’t always keep full notes then I have been lately so I’ll caveat that I may be off on my dates there.

And I think your dates are pretty close to right for when January became bookable last year. I was watching EMM closely for November/December dates last year and I remember being really disappointed when January came out without any November or December dates!

Being off the 180 day pattern is OK for me, because maybe it means there is still some hope for EMM in December! The two extra/dessert parties we wanted to do for our December trip were EMM and the Frozen Dessert Party, and both have not been bookable yet, LOL!

We booked EMM for January 9 2018 as soon as it became bookable and I just checked my receipt and it was October 2017

Has anyone gone over and done BTMRR and Splash at park open after EMM and gone back to pinnochio haus before breakfast ended? If so, at what time did you make back for breakfast?
TIA!

Has anyone gone over and done BTMRR and Splash at park open after EMM and gone back to pinnochio haus before breakfast ended? If so, at what time did you make back for breakfast?
TIA!
That’s what we’re planning on doing… I have a fast pass for one of them… So walk on one, fast pass for one and back for breakfast

You have plenty of time to hit BTMRR at least twice at rope drop with a FP and make your way back for breakfast. When we did EMM we did BTMRR at rope drop from fantasy land and even had time to hit HM on the way back because it was walk on also. We got to breakfast about 9:45 and they had food out until we left about 10:10.

Hey everyone, check out my posts earlier above. They are not sold out, just not taking any bookings past sept 25. I have been round and round with this with various Disney CMs and their superiors.

At one point it was bookable (through end of nov), and several here have tickets in hand. Then one night it suddenly became unbookable past 9/25.

Just have to keep checking, and post here when it opens back up again!

When we went in November of 2017 EMM was not offered at all. I stalked the website like a pro every day and called several times. I am like you and wondering as this year the dates are on the calendar in blue. I tried two times to determine if it was sold out or a glitch and it wasn't actually supposed to be on the calendar. I got an extremely rude cast member on the phone who provided no answers what so ever. I actually did the questionnaire after and gave my first ever terrible review based on how rude the cast member was. IF anyone has tickets in November this year and it actually happens (doesn't get cancelled and you do get to do EMM in November) can you please update here? We are actually not going until next year and want to go in November, but am debating going in September so we can do EMM. (I do realize that even if offered this year it may not happen next year but I know you can kinda tell from year to year.)

TIA!

That's what I want to do, too. We're doing EMM and then hopping to AK (where our FPs are), since it's my daughter's last day. I also want to try to rope drop Splash and Big Thunder.

When we went in November of 2017 EMM was not offered at all. I stalked the website like a pro every day and called several times. I am like you and wondering as this year the dates are on the calendar in blue. I tried two times to determine if it was sold out or a glitch and it wasn't actually supposed to be on the calendar. I got an extremely rude cast member on the phone who provided no answers what so ever. I actually did the questionnaire after and gave my first ever terrible review based on how rude the cast member was. IF anyone has tickets in November this year and it actually happens (doesn't get cancelled and you do get to do EMM in November) can you please update here? We are actually not going until next year and want to go in November, but am debating going in September so we can do EMM. (I do realize that even if offered this year it may not happen next year but I know you can kinda tell from year to year.)
Yes, many here DO have tickets for EMM for both October and November dates. I hold a ressie for the end of November myself. They are blue on the calendar but haven't been bookable for a few weeks. No one knows why.

I hope it's all cleared up soon. If they are cancelled I need to know because it will affect my FP selections and which park we will do on each day!

I hope it's all cleared up soon. If they are cancelled I need to know because it will affect my FP selections and which park we will do on each day!

I will likely keep my parks the same, but it will definitely affect my FP selections. So I’m with you, I hope it gets cleared up soon!

Any special strategy? My 5 y/o and I are booked for September 9th. This will our 1st EMM. I’ve been having a hard time deciding on how I want to tackle the park after 9.
We like to go to Splash and Haunted and then be back for Breakfast no later than 9:45ish. Or we go to Space and buzz or Astro Blaster. That seems to always work for us.

Yes, many here DO have tickets for EMM for both October and November dates. I hold a ressie for the end of November myself. They are blue on the calendar but haven't been bookable for a few weeks. No one knows why.

May I ask when you were able to book your reservation for the end of November?

I booked an end of November date when they became available at 180 days out. It was several weeks after that availability for the Oct-Nov dates seemed to go away.
This is correct. It was available at 180 days, and several here have tickets in hand. Then suddenly on the morning of June 15th nothing is bookable past Sept 25. CMs and their supervisors say it is not sold out, and to keep checking for when bookings re-open. Those with EMM tix for dates past Sept 25 have not received any cancellation emails or anything like that.

I would just recommend to follow this thread, I have been checking rather compulsively and will be sure to report when booking is open again! :)

The EMM I want to do will (assuming they schedule it like I expect) be the morning of DS' 3rd birthday, day three of our trip. Since he is two when we arrive, he will have no park ticket for this visit. But he is technically three at EMM. Do I buy him a ticket for EMM?

(We did EMM last time and it is the thing I am MOST excited about this trip.)

The EMM I want to do will (assuming they schedule it like I expect) be the morning of DS' 3rd birthday, day three of our trip. Since he is two when we arrive, he will have no park ticket for this visit. But he is technically three at EMM. Do I buy him a ticket for EMM?

(We did EMM last time and it is the thing I am MOST excited about this trip.)
My understanding is that you’re Disney age for the whole trip is the age you are at check-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter