That's the Second Biggest Double Stroller I've Ever Seen- A Dec 2010 TR

Isn't it amazing how these little people can bounce back so quickly...I think they get over it quicker than we do!! So happy they were able to see you and make everything better:hug:

I'm sorry that you had to go through that, as a mother with a hurt child I can only imagine how stressful the situation was and how it must have felt like ages waiting to get him help. What ended up being the total time span from when he got hurt to when you guys were walking out of the clinic? Just curious to see what the turn around was like with all that driving around you guys did. Hopefully you never have to experience something like that while on vacation again. On the plus side, you guys were very lucky that you did not end up sitting around in an ER for hours and hours.

Let's see... I guess he got hurt a little before 11:30 and it was after 2:30 after the doctor fixed his arm. So about three hours altogether. It definitely felt longer.

We did waste quite a bit of time driving around, but I guess it all turned out okay. We were lucky to not sit around in the ER forever.

Oh my! I can't even imagine dealing with a baby with a dislocated arm. And dealing with that at Disney World? :scared1:

I'm glad that you were able to find a place that was able to treat Carter more quickly.

Poor little guy. It sounds like he handled it like a champ though.

And it sounds like you and Jeremy handled everything very well. Kudos to you, Mama!

I'm glad we found a place to treat Carter quicker, too. It would have been awful to sit around and wait for hours. He did handle it like a champ. He's a very brave little boy.

Thanks for saying we handled it well. I actually felt a little nervous writing about Carter's accident; I was afraid it might make us sound like incompetent parents.

I feel so frustrated for you. I can't imagine how hopeless you must have felt.

It was quite the frustrating experience. I just wanted somebody to help Carter and no one seemed to care. :sad2:

Poor guy :(. I am so glad they could help him. And now I'll know that if something happens, we should try for Formosa Gardens!! Thanks for that info!

I hope you never have to try Formosa Gardens, but it is good to know. I wish I had known where to go beforehand. We could have saved so much time.

Isn't it amazing how these little people can bounce back so quickly...I think they get over it quicker than we do!! So happy they were able to see you and make everything better:hug:

I know Carter got over it quicker than I did. :rotfl: He was very cheerful as soon as his arm was better. I guess he's resilient.

I've been working on planning our next trip. I know we want to go for MNSSHP and the F&W Festival. I can't decide between booking the last week of September and the first week of October.

After all the cold weather in December, I really want warm weather this time. Maybe even hot weather. I'm thinking about CBR and I sort of picture us spending lots of downtime at the resort, letting the boys play in the sand and swim in the pool. I think I would be disappointed if it wasn't warm enough to swim.

The last week of September seems more likely to have hot weather. The prices are cheaper that week, too, so we would be able to stay an extra night. But we would only be able to do the F&W Festival during opening weekend.

The first week of October is more expensive, and therefore, probably more crowded. But we would have the whole week to experience F&W, which we have never done before. Jeremy and I both love trying new foods and I suspect there will be foods at nearly every booth we will want, so it would be kind of nice to have the whole week for it.

But that would mean going for one less day and risking cooler weather.

I can't decide. I keep going back and forth on which week would be better. I think Jeremy is actually getting a little tired of talking about it.:rolleyes1 So I thought I would turn to my DIS friends. Which week do you all think is better?

I've been working on planning our next trip. I know we want to go for MNSSHP and the F&W Festival. I can't decide between booking the last week of September and the first week of October.

After all the cold weather in December, I really want warm weather this time. Maybe even hot weather. I'm thinking about CBR and I sort of picture us spending lots of downtime at the resort, letting the boys play in the sand and swim in the pool. I think I would be disappointed if it wasn't warm enough to swim.

The last week of September seems more likely to have hot weather. The prices are cheaper that week, too, so we would be able to stay an extra night. But we would only be able to do the F&W Festival during opening weekend.

The first week of October is more expensive, and therefore, probably more crowded. But we would have the whole week to experience F&W, which we have never done before. Jeremy and I both love trying new foods and I suspect there will be foods at nearly every booth we will want, so it would be kind of nice to have the whole week for it.

I can't decide. I keep going back and forth on which week would be better. I think Jeremy is actually getting a little tired of talking about it.:rolleyes1 So I thought I would turn to my DIS friends. Which week do you all think is better?

I would go for the weekend in September since it is cheaper but you still get to experience Food and Wine.

Glad you got poor Carter fixed up!! I understand about the irrational mother's fears and worries but boys will be boys and they will get hurt whether at Disney or at home. I don't think it mattered that you didn't say anything to your DH about the arm before he got hurt...things still happen.

I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

I'm glad Carter was able to bounce back so quickly. I'd recommend the first week of October. I'm usually for extra days at Disney, but more time at Food and Wine sounds better than an extra Disney day in this case, especially when you would only have opening weekend if you went in September. DW and I tried unsuccessfully to eat our way through all of the booths at Food & Wine on our honeymoon. We were there the third week of October and it was still really warm. Of course, it wasn't below freezing in December that year either.

Bottom line, first week in October has a good chance of being warm weather and will give you more time at Food & Wine. :)

My DH and I stayed on-property between Sep. 30- Oct. 7 for our Honeymoon a few years ago. It was great! The parks were empty compared to Christmas and Spring Break. We only had 1 day at DHS that seemed too busy. It was also the hottest day of the week. We loved having a whole week of F&W plus the free concert series. We thought it was plenty warm enough. The mornings and evenings could be chily, but the days were roasting. We actually have a video clip of me saying that DH is cranky because he is overheated. :lmao: Of course, we live in northern Michigan and high 70's and 80's is hot to us. We still talk about how great the F&W was. If you can afford a whole week, I say do it. We booked way ahead and as it got closer DIS offered lots of pins for those dates.

So sorry about Carter's arm. I think you and Jeremy did a great job handling the situation. I might have just said screw it and headed to the ER only to be more frustrated. I will have to remember that about Formosa Gardens as I have been to the Lake Buena Vista one and know how horrible it can be.

Also we went to Disney last October during the first week of the month and it was great. It was warm and I didnt think it was crowded at all and the best part is that we could enjoy the F & W festival the entire time we were there. We didn't swim but that was because our oldest son only wanted to go to the parks and wasn't interested in swimming.

I'm going at the same time!! Well, the first week of October! But we originally had the last week of September booked first!

If I were you, I'd go the last week of September, just to stay the extra night! I always go when I can cram the most days in! :rotfl:

I picked the first week of October hoping for cooler weather and the first week of F&W. I hope the crowds are low, I'm sure they won't be as low as September, but I just hope it's not too crazy! I'm hopeful, because my pin code was for the first and last weeks of October, and the middle 2 weeks were blacked out, so I'm hoping that means they are expecting a lot of people those middle 2 weeks! We'll see! :yay:

I'm also thinking of switching to CBR too...but I don't know...I love deluxes! But extra spending money is always nice too...:confused3

Back to your TR, I'm so glad you got Carter's arm fixed and he was fine after that! I can't believe you had to go through so much aggravation to find a place that would fix him, though! That's great that you got to go back to DHS like nothing happened! :thumbsup2

I would go for the weekend in September since it is cheaper but you still get to experience Food and Wine.

That's true. I just hope the first weekend of Food and Wine wouldn't be too busy. :scared1:

Glad you got poor Carter fixed up!! I understand about the irrational mother's fears and worries but boys will be boys and they will get hurt whether at Disney or at home. I don't think it mattered that you didn't say anything to your DH about the arm before he got hurt...things still happen.

I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

I guess things happen no matter where you are. I always feel like I should have been able to see it coming and stop it, but I guess that's unrealistic.

Thanks for reading!:)

I'm glad Carter was able to bounce back so quickly. I'd recommend the first week of October. I'm usually for extra days at Disney, but more time at Food and Wine sounds better than an extra Disney day in this case, especially when you would only have opening weekend if you went in September. DW and I tried unsuccessfully to eat our way through all of the booths at Food & Wine on our honeymoon. We were there the third week of October and it was still really warm. Of course, it wasn't below freezing in December that year either.

Bottom line, first week in October has a good chance of being warm weather and will give you more time at Food & Wine. :)

We are going to try to eat our way through all the booths, too. I figure we'd have a better shot if we had the whole week instead of just a weekend.

Glad to hear it was till warm the third week in October. The first week in October should be even warmer, so maybe it would be all right.

My DH and I stayed on-property between Sep. 30- Oct. 7 for our Honeymoon a few years ago. It was great! The parks were empty compared to Christmas and Spring Break. We only had 1 day at DHS that seemed too busy. It was also the hottest day of the week. We loved having a whole week of F&W plus the free concert series. We thought it was plenty warm enough. The mornings and evenings could be chily, but the days were roasting. We actually have a video clip of me saying that DH is cranky because he is overheated. :lmao: Of course, we live in northern Michigan and high 70's and 80's is hot to us. We still talk about how great the F&W was. If you can afford a whole week, I say do it. We booked way ahead and as it got closer DIS offered lots of pins for those dates.

It would be great if the parks were empty when we go. The crowds weren't too bad in December, but I think that's mostly because it was too cold for everyone. :rotfl:

Jeremy and I have a very high heat tolerance. We're fine until it gets around 98. Then it gets uncomfortable. The boys might be happier if it wasn't too hot, though. As long as it is warm enough for them to run around in shorts and tee-shirts. It would be so much easier if I knew exactly what the weather would be like!

So sorry about Carter's arm. I think you and Jeremy did a great job handling the situation. I might have just said screw it and headed to the ER only to be more frustrated. I will have to remember that about Formosa Gardens as I have been to the Lake Buena Vista one and know how horrible it can be.

Also we went to Disney last October during the first week of the month and it was great. It was warm and I didnt think it was crowded at all and the best part is that we could enjoy the F & W festival the entire time we were there. We didn't swim but that was because our oldest son only wanted to go to the parks and wasn't interested in swimming.

Lake Buena Vista Centra Care is pretty horrible, isn't it? I'm glad we didn't end up at the ER, either.

I suspect my boys would be fine with only going to the pool and not going to the parks any. :laughing: I had wondered if the crowds would pick up dramatically when F&W starts, but I wasn't sure if it would be any worse, since all the Free Dining people would be there during the last week of September.

I'm going at the same time!! Well, the first week of October! But we originally had the last week of September booked first!

If I were you, I'd go the last week of September, just to stay the extra night! I always go when I can cram the most days in! :rotfl:

I picked the first week of October hoping for cooler weather and the first week of F&W. I hope the crowds are low, I'm sure they won't be as low as September, but I just hope it's not too crazy! I'm hopeful, because my pin code was for the first and last weeks of October, and the middle 2 weeks were blacked out, so I'm hoping that means they are expecting a lot of people those middle 2 weeks! We'll see! :yay:

I'm also thinking of switching to CBR too...but I don't know...I love deluxes! But extra spending money is always nice too...:confused3

Back to your TR, I'm so glad you got Carter's arm fixed and he was fine after that! I can't believe you had to go through so much aggravation to find a place that would fix him, though! That's great that you got to go back to DHS like nothing happened! :thumbsup2

Sounds like we have the same PIN Code! :thumbsup2 I wonder if there is any way to do the extra night and the first week of October and control the weather while we are there. :rotfl:

CBR is the one moderate resort I've never stayed at, so I wanted to give it a try. The deluxes are nice, though. We considered AKL, but decided to save it for another trip, maybe without the boys.

I was glad Carter was fine after his arm was fixed. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been moody the rest of the night, but he was actually in good spirits.

I love you guys! You are so similar to my dh and I (but more patient! :)). Is MNSSHP going on during the last week of September? If so, I would do that because of the extra day. Otherwise, I'm willing to bet first week of october will still be scorching. Here in Chicago we still have occasions where it's in the upper 80's and 90's during that time. Usually it's in the 70's. In Florida I would assume it would be warmer.

I'm so glad Carter seemed to recover and you were able to still have fun!

I love you guys! You are so similar to my dh and I (but more patient! :)). Is MNSSHP going on during the last week of September? If so, I would do that because of the extra day. Otherwise, I'm willing to bet first week of october will still be scorching. Here in Chicago we still have occasions where it's in the upper 80's and 90's during that time. Usually it's in the 70's. In Florida I would assume it would be warmer.

I'm so glad Carter seemed to recover and you were able to still have fun!

MNSSHP is going on during the last week of September. I've never been to it before, and it sounds really fun. I am very eager to see a real live headless horseman. :rotfl:

I guess it's really only one week later in October, so weather-wise it shouldn't really make too big a difference. Most likely it will be rainy, anyway. In May we had record highs. In December, we had record lows. Next will probably be record rain.

Oh, how I love Tower of Terror! It is also my favorite line to wait in. I love the music, the theming, the dust, the spiderwebs, just everything.

How fun that you and Jeremy got to ride together, just the two of you. Moments like that are priceless, these days, aren't they?

Oh, how I love Tower of Terror! It is also my favorite line to wait in. I love the music, the theming, the dust, the spiderwebs, just everything.

How fun that you and Jeremy got to ride together, just the two of you. Moments like that are priceless, these days, aren't they?

The Tower of Terror is fantastic! It was very nice that we got to ride it just the two of us. It's funny, it used to be everything we did was just the two of us and now a ride alone on Tower of Terror seems like a great luxury. :rotfl:

What a nightmare trying to find a good place to go!! I would have been VERY frustrated for sure! I think you held up surprisingly well for a mommy in that circumstance! :thumbsup2

YAY for ToT! It's hands down my favorite attraction on prop. Love it!!

AND double yay for another nummy coffee!!

What a nightmare trying to find a good place to go!! I would have been VERY frustrated for sure! I think you held up surprisingly well for a mommy in that circumstance! :thumbsup2

YAY for ToT! It's hands down my favorite attraction on prop. Love it!!

AND double yay for another nummy coffee!!

It was a frustrating situation. Altogether, it was definitely the worst Disney day I've ever had. There's really not even any close second.

ToT and a coffee! It was perfect. Just perfect. :cloud9:

How great that you guys got someone to watch the kids so you could ride the Tower of Terror! :banana: That is definitely my favorite ride in Disney, along with Soarin! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter