That's the Second Biggest Double Stroller I've Ever Seen- A Dec 2010 TR

My son had this happen to him as well, i looked into it and its called Nursemaids elbow or something like that it happened once at the community pool and i knew exactly like when you said he wouldnt grip your hand, what it was and it happened again here at home some how he fixed it himself by moving his arm up and down while im panicking (sp) trying to figure out where to take him ... so sorry this happened at disney though, poor baby.. Luke is 3 and this hasnt happened in awhile, im hoping he grows out of it

I am so sorry this happened to poor Carter and to you! I can't imagine trying to find care for your child in pain while you are on vacation. I am on the edge of. My seat waiting to read how you handled it. :sick:

It is true when they say going to Disney with a child is whole different experience! I remember going with my wife in the past without our son and we would always rush to get everything done.

Yesterday, we went with our four month old. It was his first time. We went only for a day trip and the experience was amazing - I can't even put it into words. We actually took the time to walk around and enjoy everything. It was all around Bradley and nothing else mattered. It was a new atmosphere and was so much more enjoyable. We weren't sure if we should take him so young but when I seen that you took your boys at 6 weeks, that sealed the deal. And to be honest, there were so many young children/babies there!

I can't wait to read the next installement!

Poor carter. Almost made me cry. I hope he's ok. I think this was a bad place for a cliffhanger. I hope a CM was able to help you out quickly.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH, a cliffhanger!!! I hope I get to hear the end of this story very soon- like tonight??? OWIE!!!! OWIE!!! OWIE!!!

I'll try and un-cliffhanger it as soon as I can. :) Actually the cliffhanger was unintentional. I just ran out of time.

Oh, no!! Poor baby! I hope he's okay! I would have no idea what to do. I know I should always be prepared, but I would draw a blank in that situation.

We were rather unprepared, ourselves. We ended up learning a lot about what to do, but hopefully, we'll never need it again.

Oh no! What a terrible thing to happen, let alone at Disney!

Our day certainly had taken a turn for the worse. I think it was the first time ever that I was at Disney and wished I was at home.

OMG! Poor Carter! :eek: What a terrible thing to have happen on vacation! I wouldn't know where to bring him either, I know I wouldn't be thinking straight in an emergency! :sad1:

I felt so sorry for Carter. He was so miserable. Until then, we had always had really good Disney health and never needed any sort of medical help.

My son had this happen to him as well, i looked into it and its called Nursemaids elbow or something like that it happened once at the community pool and i knew exactly like when you said he wouldnt grip your hand, what it was and it happened again here at home some how he fixed it himself by moving his arm up and down while im panicking (sp) trying to figure out where to take him ... so sorry this happened at disney though, poor baby.. Luke is 3 and this hasnt happened in awhile, im hoping he grows out of it

That's right, Nursemaid's Elbow, that's what the doctor said. Sorry to hear your son had it happen, too. I hated it both times it happened to Carter. At least they do grow out of it, though. That's good. I hope Carter grows out of it soon. Of course, I'll probably be nervous about it for a long time.

I am so sorry this happened to poor Carter and to you! I can't imagine trying to find care for your child in pain while you are on vacation. I am on the edge of. My seat waiting to read how you handled it. :sick:

It's always hard when one of the boys are hurt, but it's even worse when I'm not sure how to help them. It wasn't much fun, but I guess we managed.

Oh no! Poor Carter (and poor mom and dad)!

It was a bad thing for all of us. Nothing ruins a Disney day faster than an injured kid.

It is true when they say going to Disney with a child is whole different experience! I remember going with my wife in the past without our son and we would always rush to get everything done.

Yesterday, we went with our four month old. It was his first time. We went only for a day trip and the experience was amazing - I can't even put it into words. We actually took the time to walk around and enjoy everything. It was all around Bradley and nothing else mattered. It was a new atmosphere and was so much more enjoyable. We weren't sure if we should take him so young but when I seen that you took your boys at 6 weeks, that sealed the deal. And to be honest, there were so many young children/babies there!

I can't wait to read the next installement!

Wow, I bet you all had a great time with Bradley! There is nothing like getting to do Disney with your baby for the first time. I found Disney with babies surprisingly easy. Someone was asking me a couple weeks ago if Disney wasn't a difficult vacation spot with babies and I explained it was one of the best places with babies.

It is nice how at any given time there is probably going to be other little kids who are usually going to be just as noisy as ours. :rotfl:

Poor carter. Almost made me cry. I hope he's ok. I think this was a bad place for a cliffhanger. I hope a CM was able to help you out quickly.

It probably was a bad place for a cliffhanger. I'll have to try to plan better. Carter was very brave, despite his misfortune.

My stomach did a flip flop....poor Carter...and poor Daddy! I can't imagine how he must have felt too....and mommy's always feel bad when our babies hurt! Hope all works out....we'll be waiting on pins and needles for the next update!popcorn::

My stomach did a flip flop....poor Carter...and poor Daddy! I can't imagine how he must have felt too....and mommy's always feel bad when our babies hurt! Hope all works out....we'll be waiting on pins and needles for the next update!popcorn::

I know Jeremy did feel really bad about Carter, since he was the one playing with him at the time. I guess these things happen sometimes. Next update coming up!

Oh no! Poor little thing! Emergencies far away from home are so much worse than the ones at home. DS5 cut his foot once while we were 8 hours from home and 45 minutes from the nearest ER. It's scary! Isn't the dislocated arm/elbow something that they recover from right away once it's back in place? I sure hope I'm right!!

That must have been really frustrating to have people who didn't seem to understand the urgency of a hurt child.

By the way, if I'm reading your tickers right, it's Carter's birthday. Is that right? If so, Happy Birthday Carter! :)

Oh my goodness, poor Carter :(
I can only imagine how stressful it was on you and your DH, having to go from Disney to a hospital to another hospital. Did the boys struggle a lot with being constantly put in carseats?
ERs can be so frustrating; I've never been in one that's actually had a short wait time.

I hope the other Centra Care center was able to see to Carter quickly.

Oh no, poor Carter! I hate when people don't understand that a baby needs help now. We had a several hour wait at an ER in Cooperstown, NY during vacation last year. We finaly broke down and did a consult over the phone with our pediatrician in Michigan while sitting in the waiting room. :confused3 I hope you have better luck at your next stop. My heart just goes out to both of you.

Oh no! Poor little thing! Emergencies far away from home are so much worse than the ones at home. DS5 cut his foot once while we were 8 hours from home and 45 minutes from the nearest ER. It's scary! Isn't the dislocated arm/elbow something that they recover from right away once it's back in place? I sure hope I'm right!!

This was really our first emergency away from home, but it was a lot harder than it would have been at home. 45 minutes away from the nearest ER...that would be tough. At least the Centra Cares were right there.

Yes, dislocated elbows are something they can recover from quickly. I guess that's one good thing about it. A broken bone or something like that would have been worse.

That must have been really frustrating to have people who didn't seem to understand the urgency of a hurt child.

By the way, if I'm reading your tickers right, it's Carter's birthday. Is that right? If so, Happy Birthday Carter! :)

Yes, it was Carter's birthday on Saturday. He had his party tonight. He had a farm animals party. His favorite farm animal is a goat, so I made him a goat cake. He got a big stack of presents, but his favorite was the two dollar bouncy ball. :rotfl:

Oh my goodness, poor Carter :(
I can only imagine how stressful it was on you and your DH, having to go from Disney to a hospital to another hospital. Did the boys struggle a lot with being constantly put in carseats?
ERs can be so frustrating; I've never been in one that's actually had a short wait time.

I hope the other Centra Care center was able to see to Carter quickly.

Honestly, I think Carter was so miserable that it didn't really matter if he kept getting stuck in his car seat. Landon didn't enjoy it much, though. Looking back on it, I suppose we should have arranged for my parents to come get Landon, but at the time, I didn't think of it.

Oh no, poor Carter! I hate when people don't understand that a baby needs help now. We had a several hour wait at an ER in Cooperstown, NY during vacation last year. We finaly broke down and did a consult over the phone with our pediatrician in Michigan while sitting in the waiting room. :confused3 I hope you have better luck at your next stop. My heart just goes out to both of you.

A phone consultation is a good idea! Much better than waiting in an ER.

I don't know how everyone else couldn't see that Carter needed help immediately. He is one of the most important things in the world to me, so it's hard when other people act like it doesn't matter if he is hurt.

I would be INFURIATED!

I was getting there. They could have at least pretended to be concerned about Carter. Plus it would really only take a doctor about five minutes to fix his arm. Surely they could have just worked Carter in.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that, as a mother with a hurt child I can only imagine how stressful the situation was and how it must have felt like ages waiting to get him help. What ended up being the total time span from when he got hurt to when you guys were walking out of the clinic? Just curious to see what the turn around was like with all that driving around you guys did. Hopefully you never have to experience something like that while on vacation again. On the plus side, you guys were very lucky that you did not end up sitting around in an ER for hours and hours.

Oh my! I can't even imagine dealing with a baby with a dislocated arm. And dealing with that at Disney World? :scared1:

I'm glad that you were able to find a place that was able to treat Carter more quickly.

Poor little guy. It sounds like he handled it like a champ though.

And it sounds like you and Jeremy handled everything very well. Kudos to you, Mama!

I feel so frustrated for you. I can't imagine how hopeless you must have felt.

Poor guy :(. I am so glad they could help him. And now I'll know that if something happens, we should try for Formosa Gardens!! Thanks for that info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter