• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

Oh boy hello everyone! We are having a real crappy long weekend weather-wise; it's barely stopped raining since Friday night and is supposed to continue through the day tomorrow. Didn't stop me from having fun with a couple friends last night and seeing the family today, and tomorrow I'll be shopping for a few odds and ends we need-

FOR OUR DISNEY TRIP IN 6 DAYS!!!!

Yes we're going back again! We leave Saturday and go for just 4 nights, just the 2 of us while the boys hold down the fort. And we just hope when we get home we have a house instead of a fort!!!

This trip we're staying at CSR and not in the tower. Last time we stayed here was in Sept. 2019 and Steve was not happy with the walk to our room, so we have a preferred rooms this time. After our February tower stay we don't love the current state of transportation here either but it was what was available with my awesome discount and we do love Three Bridges so I'm not unhappy about it!

I've tried buying a few new Disney things for this trip and I took a cue from Caroline @disneyAndi14 and ordered from Ambrie. She got some really cute things from them for her April trip and also warned me the sizes run big; super big she implied. So I took that into consideration and ordered 2 dress and 2 skirts. Here are the skirts:

If you can't tell it's a Splash Mtn theme and a TOT one and they are so cute aren't they? Yeah........well, I never wear small except occasionally in a shirt so I ordered a Medium and Large in case Caroline didn't know what she was talking about :laughing: But alas she most certainly did and the large is HUGE. And the medium? Well it fits but it's short. Too short to wear bike shorts under as they stick out like almost an inch so sadly I don't think that will work either. Aaaaaaaand the really fun Fantasia and 7DMT dresses I ordered in medium were sent immediately back because it looked like I was a 5 year old wearing here grandma's house dresses!!!

No new clothes aside I am totally looking forward to this trip as it'll be our last one for 4 months and that's a long time for us! We won't be back until our 50th anniversary trip at the end of Sept.

We are trying some new restaurants this trip! It gets harder and harder for us to do that as we've eaten in so many and some we haven't eaten in aren't open again yet but we're doing at least 2! Here's a look at what we'll be doing:

Saturday 6/5: arrive around 10, go to Animal Kingdom and either get in to Yak and Yeti with our Landry's card or do Satu'li. Then later go to new restaurant #1, STK.
Some of my co-workers were recently down there for a business trip and ate there and while I previously wasn't all that interested the food looked amazing and now I'm psyched. The desserts look good too!

Sunday 6/6: Start at MK, possibly go to the Poly for my pulled pork nachos and then I believe with the temps we'll need pool time. We have our 2nd new to us restaurant tonight and that'll be Topolino's! We've had breakfast there; also haven't been anxious to try dinner but not so many new options left.
I do have a 1:00 brunch at WBG as well but not sure we'll want to trek there so may cancel it. OR may not and just see how we feel around noon and if we don't go we say good-bye to $20. Topolino's isn't until 7:55 so that's not an issue.

Monday 6/7: today is Epcot so no reason to rush, but I did book a 9:30 Cape May breakfast. I prefer having a decent breakfast and don't want the resort QD too often and the new menu sounds good; then we'll walk over to Epcot, Of course our reason for going here is to eat at the booths lol but I do need to do some shopping as well.

I've recently started collecting these adorable plush Mickey's specific to each WS country:

All I have are Germany and an adorable lumberjack Mickey from Canada; not sure what one I'll get next but I need to get one! And Hayden has requested "some Mickey's" so gotta grab her a couple of course :goodvibes I also need a refill on my Laila
perfume in Norway!

Well hello Geir Ness who makes Laila

And then I guess we'll hit the booths! I need to get a few things I tried in April but also a few that I missed.
Dinner is tricky; I have Homecomin' at 5:30 but between breakfast and booths I don't now that we'll want dinner then so that may be a last minute skip as well. Good fill ins would be a return to Spice Road that we found last month or possibly Three Bridges.

Tuesday 6/8: Today I grabbed HS when they opened more availability a few weeks back, mostly for my TOT which is supposedly, finally, operating both sides and filling seats so lines aren't as long. We'll try for a ROTR bg :poop: and maybe we'll ride............and maybe grab food at Baseline again because we also did that for the first time last month and enjoyed it!

We will definitely hop today because there isn't enough to keep us in HS all day now and we also have plans to meet up with Caroline @disneyAndi14 possibly over in Epcot or at Three Bridges? So our afternoon will revolve around deciding that.
Then we have dinner at Biergarten.
Now I did this because we like the food but dislike the communal seating and they weren't doing that. I don't know if they've gone back to communal seating and I'm trying to find out because if they are, we won't go.

Wednesday 6/9: Today is our last day and we have MK booked! I may try to switch to AK because BTMRR will be down for refurb and that's what I like to ride a few times when we do MK our departure day. We also have Tony's booked for lunch as I told @pkondz :D Yeah yeah I know, but I hate NOT having a good meal before heading to the airport since options there suck. However with no BTMRR either we'll be at AK and do Yak and Yet for sure, or stick with MK and possibly go to DS for lunch. Our plane doesn't leave until 7pm so we do have time.

I guess I have some decisions and changes to make in the next few days lol. I know I finished our February trip but should be able to do one more update from our Thanksgiving trip before we leave.

I love the skirt designs, sorry the fit didn’t work
The fabric is really soft, I wear the Dolewhip tunic as PJ’s
I got an ADR for Cape May breakfast on our last day.
Yay to meeting up. I am excited to have a drink with you and Steve.

I’m sorry to hear about the miserable weather you are having now. It really messed up the holiday weekend for you and the entire region. We had the cold and the rain a few days ago.

Your upcoming trip sounds nice and you won’t have to wear masks outside. :).

Have you seen the Disney NuiMos. They have Mickey, Minnie and Donald and they have a wardrobe so the kids can dress them. Hayden might like them.

Last edited:

This trip we're staying at CSR and not in the tower. Last time we stayed here was in Sept. 2019 and Steve was not happy with the walk to our room, so we have a preferred rooms this time. After our February tower stay we don't love the current state of transportation here either but it was what was available with my awesome discount and we do love Three Bridges so I'm not unhappy about it!
I booked an extra night for our August trip and we are staying at CSR in a standard room specifically so we can eat at Three Bridges! Plus we wanted to have an early start to our first park day on Sunday. :)
I've tried buying a few new Disney things for this trip and I took a cue from Caroline @disneyAndi14 and ordered from Ambrie. She got some really cute things from them for her April trip and also warned me the sizes run big; super big she implied. So I took that into consideration and ordered 2 dress and 2 skirts. Here are the skirts:
I love Ambrie but the sizing is weird.
If you can't tell it's a Splash Mtn theme and a TOT one and they are so cute aren't they? Yeah........well, I never wear small except occasionally in a shirt so I ordered a Medium and Large in case Caroline didn't know what she was talking about :laughing: But alas she most certainly did and the large is HUGE. And the medium? Well it fits but it's short. Too short to wear bike shorts under as they stick out like almost an inch so sadly I don't think that will work either. Aaaaaaaand the really fun Fantasia and 7DMT dresses I ordered in medium were sent immediately back because it looked like I was a 5 year old wearing here grandma's house dresses!!!
So I told Caroline about Ambrie and the advice to size down is definitely true. I would say you would need a small in the dresses. The swing dresses look so much better with a cute narrow belt. Otherwise they just hang and are a bit too long to be flattering.
Start at MK, possibly go to the Poly for my pulled pork nachos and then I believe with the temps we'll need pool time. We have our 2nd new to us restaurant tonight and that'll be Topolino's! We've had breakfast there; also haven't been anxious to try dinner but not so many new options left.
I do have a 1:00 brunch at WBG as well but not sure we'll want to trek there so may cancel it. OR may not and just see how we feel around noon and if we don't go we say good-bye to $20. Topolino's isn't until 7:55 so that's not an issue.
Mmmmmm, pulled pork nachos!
I've recently started collecting these adorable plush Mickey's specific to each WS country:
Those are too cute! Note to self....you do not need to collect anything else, look away!
Tuesday 6/8: Today I grabbed HS when they opened more availability a few weeks back, mostly for my TOT which is supposedly, finally, operating both sides and filling seats so lines aren't as long. We'll try for a ROTR bg :poop: and maybe we'll ride............and maybe grab food at Baseline again because we also did that for the first time last month and enjoyed it!
Definitely adding Baseline to the list for August!
We will definitely hop today because there isn't enough to keep us in HS all day now and we also have plans to meet up with Caroline @disneyAndi14 possibly over in Epcot or at Three Bridges? So our afternoon will revolve around deciding that.
So nice that you two will meet up! Have a beverage for me!

woot!!!!
Steve was not happy with the walk to our room,
Why? You said you were in the tower? I'm confuseled.
the sizes run big; super big she implied. So I took that into consideration and ordered 2 dress and 2 skirts.

But alas she most certainly did and the large is HUGE.

Never doubt Caroline! :laughing:
Aaaaaaaand the really fun Fantasia and 7DMT dresses I ordered in medium were sent immediately back because it looked like I was a 5 year old wearing here grandma's house dresses!!!
Oddly, I want to see a photo of what you consider "looked like a 5 year old wearing her grandma's house dresses" looks like! :rotfl:

I miss the Streetmosphere SO much!

I actually really love your hair like this. :)

at a new to us spot, CityWorks Eatery and Pour House.

Not a place that's even been on my radar at all. Glad to hear this honest review of it.

Here's Amorette's

Always so pretty. :love:

These are so cute, but I fear they may not fit me either. Bummer!

and maybe grab food at Baseline again because we also did that for the first time last month and enjoyed it!

I haven't been there in ages! And that looks soooo good! I think Imma build this in for my next trip!

Epcot or at Three Bridges? So our afternoon will revolve around deciding that.
Then we have dinner at Biergarten.

Both were tossed out there as ideas for an EPCOT Meet up in October. @chunkymonkey , still thinking of Biergarten?
I guess I have some decisions and changes to make in the next few days lol.

You mean changes after you get there? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

love the skirt designs, sorry the fit didn’t work
The fabric is really soft, I wear the Dolewhip tunic as PJ’s
Well I think I may be wearing the Splash one and bought a top at Old Navy today for it :goodvibes I just have to be sure the wind isn't at my back!
Yay to meeting up. I am excited to have a drink with you and Steve.
Super excited to be able to hang and chat with you as well!
Your upcoming trip sounds nice and you won’t have to wear masks outside. :).
OMG you know how excited we are about this?? We can walk and drink without stopping; not just adult beverages but even to take a sip of water. Totally won't mind wearing the masks inside now!
Have you seen the Disney NuiMos. They have Mickey, Minnie and Donald and they have a wardrobe so the kids can dress them. Hayden might like them.
You know I have and I'm glad you reminded me about those because you are right and I think she'd love them ♥
So I usually just read and don’t comment much buuuut we’re checking into CSR (tower) on Sunday and if I see you I might just fangirl 🤣
Aw!! LOL I love this and thank you for finally posting!!!! You will love the tower (if it's your first stay) and if you haven't been, definitely make time for Three Bridges. And DEFINITELY say hello if you see me!!:)
booked an extra night for our August trip and we are staying at CSR in a standard room specifically so we can eat at Three Bridges! Plus we wanted to have an early start to our first park day on Sunday.
Oh that's great! I cannot wait for you to go because I know how bad you want to get back. And you'll love everything about Three Bridges :)
Those are too cute! Note to self....you do not need to collect anything else, look away!
:rotfl: Seriously this is what I thought before I bought the first one, because I knew if I bought one I'd HAVE to get them all!
So nice that you two will meet up! Have a beverage for me!
🍻🥂

Why? You said you were in the tower? I'm confuseled.
Ok let me unconfusele you: we WERE in the tower our LAST stay in Feb. But our LAST stay in CSR we had a regular room and Steve was not happy with the walk.
Sometimes I forget I need to write in a way a man can understand..................... :rotfl:
Oddly, I want to see a photo of what you consider "looked like a 5 year old wearing her grandma's house dresses" looks like! :rotfl:
LOL if I hadn't mailed them back I would post one!
The Mickey’s are so cute!!!!
Right? Like I need to add 11 of these to my house lol
I miss the Streetmosphere SO much!
UGH I can make a list :sad2:
I actually really love your hair like this. :)
Thank you :):)
Not a place that's even been on my radar at all. Glad to hear this honest review of it.
Yeah....it doesn't get talked about much and I guess I see why; but great for last minute or even picky eaters looking for the basics. There are just so many more interesting places to eat! But between it being Presidents Week and looking last minute and wanting to try somewhere different, I'm glad we went once. I wouldn't tell anyone NOT to go but I wouldn't actually suggest it.
These are so cute, but I fear they may not fit me either. Bummer!
I am really not an "order online and it works" person! Leave my brick & mortar stores alone!
I haven't been there in ages! And that looks soooo good! I think Imma build this in for my next trip!
I can't believe it took us so long to try it! Relaxing, fun to sit outside and a bit different.
You mean changes after you get there? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
:P you know they're coming!
I love those Mickeys from each country! Super cute! Might be a collection I should start on :lovestruc.
Haha glad to give you ideas!

Oh that's great! I cannot wait for you to go because I know how bad you want to get back. And you'll love everything about Three Bridges :)
Thank you! I am feeling more and more optimistic! We have 65 % of all Canadians vaccinated with one dose now. We need to be at 75% with one dose and 20% with 2 doses before the government will allow non essential travel. There was a report last week from an expert advisory panel that had some very encouraging news about border/quarantine etc. Our trip is only 67 days away and I don't have to cancel until 30 days out to preserve my DVC points. A lot can happen in 37 days and you know I will be crying tears of joy if we go!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-advisory-panel-report-1.6043473

So excited for you heading off on another magical adventure so soon!! :) The world showcase Mickeys are just so cute--I love the Italian one with the little moustache!!

I know Tony's gets a bad reputation from just about everyone (except @buzzrelly), but we ended up there back in July and had a really delicious meal!! We hadn't given it a try in over a decade, so we were due to try again. I don't need to rush there every time, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back :)

Yes we're going back again! We leave Saturday

Omg, Yay! :cool1:

Here are the skirts:

If you can't tell it's a Splash Mtn theme and a TOT one

Super cute!

I do have a 1:00 brunch at WBG as well but not sure we'll want to trek there so may cancel it. OR may not and just see how we feel around noon

I was just watching a vlog about all the DS brunches and I want to try them all, but WBG's looks Ah-Mazing!

:love:

We also have Tony's booked for lunch

You know I love me some Tony's :love:

I know Tony's gets a bad reputation from just about everyone (except @buzzrelly), but we ended up there back in July and had a really delicious meal!!

Haha, Jackie! I had just quoted Ariane to say that before I read your post! :laughing:

I'm finally caught up again and you're leaving. I hope you have a fabulous trip. The plans so far sound really good .

Be safe!

I have emerged from my food poisoning coma and a week later am finally feeling normal. I couldn't think or look at food for a bit but I'm back now and as usual you didn't disappoint.

I like the curly hair. Yours lays so much nicer than mine. Of course you'd probably tell me you like mine when I hate it.

We got pretzel bites and cheese curds for apps and then Steve had a salad while I got filet mignon sliders:

Sorry the meal was a bit of a bust but these look delicious. I love, love, love cheese curds and you can rarely find them around here.

honestly don't remember what it was that Steve got but I got a little Key Lime dessert and it was heavenly! Speaking of Key Lime, last month I had another amazing Key Lime dessert at the Flower and Garden Festival and I will be getting it again in less than 2 weeks. Here's Amorette's

Yum! This looks delicious. I'm a sucker for anything key lime.

And here's the one from F&G along with a yummy watermelon salad:

Did you just use the word yummy with a salad with arugula in it???????? Wonders never cease

Yes we're going back again! We leave Saturday and go for just 4 nights, just the 2 of us while the boys hold down the fort. And we just hope when we get home we have a house instead of a fort!!!
Have a great trip! And if you don't wanna wait until September you can always just stay until we get there!!

I've tried buying a few new Disney things for this trip and I took a cue from Caroline @disneyAndi14 and ordered from Ambrie.
You should see how much stuff non-shopping me has purchased. It's mostly for Casey but I have without question overdone it. Have a new shirt and/or ears for her for every day of the trip. Even found myself a Nomad Lounge shirt.

go to Animal Kingdom and either get in to Yak and Yeti with our Landry's card
Let me know how this works out. I've been wondering if there is any trouble with the Landry's card since they still aren't at capacity.

We have our 2nd new to us restaurant tonight and that'll be Topolino's!
Oh can't wait to hear about this one too! Jenny and I are eating here in exactly 22 days. Cannot wait!

Well hello Geir Ness who makes Laila

This picture just makes me laugh every time. Hope he is waiting for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter