That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

Thought I'd do a quick update before we leave for Disney on Saturday!
Holy cow that's tomorrow!
Have a great trip!
our granddaughter is going to be a big sister!!!!! We are THRILLED!!
Hey! Congrats!!!
I'm the BEST grandma out of the 3 of us :snooty:
But of course you are. :)
Because I'm a rock star and every rock star need a jean jacket - with Minnie Mouse all over it ::MinnieMo
:thumbsup2
we started what was supposed to be our last day in Disney
supposed...
Yup we bypassed the Rose Garden, Band Pavillion, Arboretum AND ROTR for TOT!!!
:laughing: So much by-passing!
Rode twice which is a tad tricky these days with the line usually snaking all the way into the former Fantasmic! queue.
Oh! That's right. No FPs. But... maybe the line moves quicker now?
If you haven't done this I highly recommend it; so adorable.
Where is that?
we caught up not only with Melinda but caught the FARTS performances of both Mariachi Cobri (or Marimbas de las Americas) and VOL:
Nice!
our flight was cancelled :sad::rolleyes1 So once back in the room we did a quick 1 night reservation
Um... If it had been me....

"Woo hoo!!!! Flight was canceled! I get another day!!!"

HOORAY for being a Grandma x 2!!! I can't think of anything more magical than two little love to spoil!

Have a wonderful trip!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it! I hope you'll be able to catch up with some of the Epic ladies if they're still there. Pass out hugs from me if you do :)

Congratulations to the lucky parents who will have a lovely baby for you to love. :)

We had a snowstorm at home one time that extended our trip. It was fun and gave us a chance to do a few things that we missed during our trip.

You have me stumped on the resort you stayed at, but I do have a guess.

Have a great trip. :)

We are fresh off the plane from another great trip! I need to get back to work tomorrow in a big way so thought before I get all involved with that I'd say a quick hello. Thank you to everyone who wished us a good trip and for the granddaughter congrats!

Have a great trip!!!
Congrats on the second Granddaughter! Best wishes for the family.

Have a great Trip!
Have a magical trip ! Safe travels .
So excited that you are going to have another wee granddaughter to dote on. My daughter is expecting baby number 2 this summer also and we are all so excited. Mind you I get my second jab tomorrow so in about 10days I’ll be getting to finally hug grandchild number 1 again instead of just garden visits and I can’t flippin wait for that!
Have a fabulous trip! I will be following along for sure! :)
Awesome! Congratulations!

Have an amazing trip! The weather was so amazing down there and it was freaking snowing here yesterday!
Holy cow that's tomorrow!
Have a great trip!
Where is that?
That is in Hollywood Studios right next to Frozen Ever After! I believe it was previously a Star Wars movie clip? You know how up I stay on all things Star Wars lol

HOORAY for being a Grandma x 2!!! I can't think of anything more magical than two little love to spoil!

Have a wonderful trip!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it! I hope you'll be able to catch up with some of the Epic ladies if they're still there. Pass out hugs from me if you do :)
Unfortunately our schedules just didn't match up so I only got to see Cloe this trip; which was awesome but I would have liked to see more ladies! Caroline and I overlap again for a day or two in June so fingers crossed we can say hello then
Congratulations to the lucky parents who will have a lovely baby for you to love. :)

We had a snowstorm at home one time that extended our trip. It was fun and gave us a chance to do a few things that we missed during our trip.

You have me stumped on the resort you stayed at, but I do have a guess.

Have a great trip. :)
We actually just went to a different resort for dinner :) Hopefully I'll get to that soon!
Safe Travels and Have a Great Trip!
Congrats on your Second Grandchild. How exciting to have 2 little girls to spoil.
TOT would have been my first choice too.
Looking forward to your dinner.
Did TOT again first thing this trip too! Well, after food lol
CONGRATS!!!! You didn't tell me it's a girl!!!! That's so wonderful!!!
OMG I swore I did! I'm so sorry! You know you'll be the first on here to know when SHE'S here!

It's me again :-) Sitting here enjoying my Mickey white chocolate covered apple we picked up in DS today, and while I won't do a real TR for this trip I do want to talk about one thing: FOOD. GLORIOUS food.

We ate some great meals this trip but one really stuck out and I need to shout about it from the top of......the comfort of my couch! It was new to us and sort of a last minute decision? Because you know our dining always changes. So I quickly present to you:

SPICE ROAD TABLE

On Monday we were supposed to eat at Terralina in DS; but then we decided we wanted to be in Epcot later at night to see the local band that was playing. So we booked Rose and Crown as that was pretty much all that was available. But then when we got there we remembered we wanted to try Spice Road! If you don't know, this restaurant changed from a TS to a walk up about 2 months ago when Morocco backed out and Disney too it over. We walked up and were seated within 4 minutes at around 6:15.

That's the whole menu there! But there are some cocktails not listed like my Sahara Spritz:

Sahara Spritz
Ketel One Botanical Cucumber and Mint Vodka, Soda Water, and Lime

Steve got the Moroccan Mule and he loved it and my drink was SO refreshing. Interesting to note: when we were seated the CM asked us to keep our masks on until we had drinks in front of us. No biggie really! But we noticed other tables where guests were seated by different CM's took theirs off right away. The next day at Tiffins lunch we asked if we should keep them on until we had drinks and they said we were welcome to remove them right then, so whatevs it wasn't a big deal just the only place that requested it.

The inside which is easily seen as you walk by is cute:

We were seated right by the water so had a good view of the ugly, ugly Harmonious barges out there. Plus it was a windy evening so napkins were blowing all over as was my hair and I ate a bit of it but it is nice sitting outside. The chairs as well were a tad uncomfortable; too high for the lower tables but none of this mattered when got all the food!

Food is served tapas style so we got 5 dishes. Two were seafood so strictly Steve, calamari and shrimp:

Fried Calamari
Rémoulade and Harissa Sauce
Spicy Shrimp
Chili, Garlic, Peri Peri Sauce

I'm too tired to look up peri peri sauce now but while I don't eat shrimp I did try the sauce they were in and it was Ahhh-mazing. And there were 6 HUGE shrimp in there! Then I got 3 dishes I sort of shared with Steve:

Spiced Chicken
Ras el Hanout, Mint Yogurt and Tabbouleh
Naan Spreads
Hummus, Chermoula, Marinated Olives, Za’atar
Tiropitakia
Cheese-filled Phyllo, Cucumber-Tomato Relish

When I tell you this was all absolutely over the top delicious, it's an understatement. We always enjoyed Restaurant Marrakesh and this was way better! While it's small plates these 5 dishes filled us up enough (along with more than 1 drink) to satisfy but I was really wanting NOT to be full so I could order more! The spiced chicken I was a bit leery about as I was afraid it would be tough but it had to be the most tender chicken I've ever had AND, the hummus here was the first hummus I actually enjoyed. I texted @Jenny Sanders while we were there to tell her we need to eat there on our next trip! I know it can be tough for those who like to plan since you can't make an ADR; when we left around 7:10 there were 2 groups waiting and this was on a Monday but we were there less than an hour so I would think turnover is quick. It is absolutely worth a try and we'll be back! There aren't many restaurants throughout WDW we haven't tried yet so it's great when we find a new one we enjoy.

Next time I'll return to our Feb. trip!

Welcome back! :)
That is in Hollywood Studios right next to Frozen Ever After! I believe it was previously a Star Wars movie clip? You know how up I stay on all things Star Wars lol
:laughing:
SPICE ROAD TABLE
Ah! This place has been on my radar for a long time, but haven't had the opportunity to go yet.
If you don't know, this restaurant changed from a TS to a walk up about 2 months ago when Morocco backed out and Disney too it over.
I did not know... any of that.
That's the whole menu there!
Short and sweet!
We were seated right by the water so had a good view of the ugly, ugly Harmonious barges out there.
They don't move them in before the show? They're there all the time??
When I tell you this was all absolutely over the top delicious, it's an understatement.
High praise indeed!

I'm too tired to look up peri peri sauce now but while I don't eat shrimp I did try the sauce they were in and it was Ahhh-mazing. And there were 6 HUGE shrimp in there!
I have not heard of one person who hasn't said they didn't like that shrimp!

Steve got the Moroccan Mule

I knew you were going to say that as I was reading the menu!

When I tell you this was all absolutely over the top delicious, it's an understatement

Looks good! My Nicholas loves Mediterranean food so I was thinking of taking him here in August. Our group will definitely have to split up though because there's no way Allie would eat there!

Well gee thanks :earboy2:
They don't move them in before the show? They're there all the time??
Nope doesn't look that way :headache: They are ALL out there and according to the signage up, during the day they'll all be a huge fountain and then at night part of the show. The pictures look pretty but the barges DO NOT
I have not heard of one person who hasn't said they didn't like that shrimp!
I honestly haven't ready many reviews so I wasn't sure what to expect! But since we enjoy Marrakesh we thought we'd probably like it!
Some of those plates look like they have enough food to count as an entrée, especially the shrimp.
The shrimp and the spiced chicken for sure! Even the calamari was a good size

Spice Road Table hasn't ever made it onto our must do list, but the pictures and the dishes you described sound like something we'd give a try....if Jimmy, the picky boy, the isn't with us!
Thank you!! Yeah it's one we wouldn't be able to go to with Ricky lol which is probably 1 reason it was out of mind for so long!
I knew you were going to say that as I was reading the menu!
:laughing: You know he's been steering away from Mules lately due to the sugar but had like 5 this trip so I wasn't surprised when we ordered it.
Looks good! My Nicholas loves Mediterranean food so I was thinking of taking him here in August. Our group will definitely have to split up though because there's no way Allie would eat there!
Yup! Chris one year was so eager to try a lamb dish from the Morocco booth at whatever festival was going on at the time; at Marrakesh they always subbed fries for the couscous for Ricky lol. The only thing on the menu he'd eat would be the calamari and only if he was in the mood.
Food looks great at Spice Road...that's one on my bucket list for the future for sure.
Yes! Definitely try it. Maybe we can go together sometime if/when we actually get to meet up again :)
Oh that good looks so good!!! My stomach just started growling.
LOL! I get home and other than grabbing our wonderful NY pizza on our way from the airport I always miss all the food we've eaten!

Nope doesn't look that way :headache: They are ALL out there and according to the signage up, during the day they'll all be a huge fountain and then at night part of the show. The pictures look pretty but the barges DO NOT
I guess a fountain would be nice... especially if the water hides the barges? Guess we'll see.

I'm getting whip lash from all this time traveling :earboy2:

Speaking of exciting let me step back from Disney for a second. I haven't said anything about this hear or on FB because my DIL wasn't ready (and she still hasn't posted on any social media) but, our granddaughter is going to be a big sister!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And another girl!!! So happy for you all. Hayden is gonna be such a great big sister.

After that it was about 10- and lines were crazy. We did do something "new" to us and I swear it's just the most adorable thing!

No clue this even existed. Will definitely have to check that out. Casey loves all the Mickey shorts. When we are in WDW that is the only channel ever on our tv.

And then.....we left! And....we did have a BG! We'd gotten #64
I for the life of me could not figure out what a BG was. I was thinking a #64 BM. Then it finally hit me, cause morning and slow. But I've got 50 some days to figure out a BG for myself.

e actually got word while watching VOL that our flight was cancelled :sad::rolleyes1 So once back in the room we did a quick 1 night reservation, let my mom and Chris know,
How terrible for you all. I can only imagine how upset you must have been.

If you don't know, this restaurant changed from a TS to a walk up about 2 months ago when Morocco backed out and Disney too it over.
I had no idea this had happened. Clearly I'm really up on my Disney this days. Did they pack out of the entire pavilion or just the restaurant?

When I tell you this was all absolutely over the top delicious, it's an understatement.
YUM!!!! So glad to hear this place was such a gem. Totally sounds like my style.

And I'm back to finish up our last "group" dinner! I left off before this trip with a picture of the resort we went to for dinner and @Wood Nymph said she had a guess! Well here's another clue:

That's the entry to the restaurant we ventured to! It's one I'd heard about a bit here on the boards and one that Jenny and Joe had gone to and raved about; so we all decided my birthday trip was a great time to return/try it out for the first time:

Bull and Bear at the Waldorf! Joe drove us over; the resort itself is really pretty and not far from Disney. We were taken in just about as soon as we arrived.

This isn't a Disney signature and you know I love Disney signatures; this reminded me of Sardi's in NYC. We had like 4 servers and our head waiter- THE head waiter?- was super knowledgeable on the food and wines as well as other beverages. And hey we got sparkly plates!!

Dinner was like 4 courses and it was all amazing. I had wine; Steve and Joe had smokin' bourbon drinks. I really don't know what to say about the food other than nothing was short of absolutely mind blowing! @Jenny Sanders fish in particular was cool; they scaled it at the table and if I remember correctly they then fried the scales and served it to her. Enjoy and try not to drool!

Not the best shot but I got a special birthday greeting with my dessert!

The bill was......not for the faint of heart (ahem). This isn't somewhere we'd go on every trip or every other trip, partly because we don't often venture offsite and partly because of that heart faintness lol but it is somewhere we'd return and a wonderful option for something "different". Jenny had asked me on a couple previous trips to go and I'm so glad we finally did! This was also our good-bye to them as they were moving on the next day and we haven't seen them since. Other than during the shutdown I think this will be the longest we go as we aren't supposed to see each other right now until late Sept!

We were also supposed to be leaving the next day so had no park plans but due to that lovely northern ❄❄❄☃ we got to stay another day! We had enjoyed our time at GDT but wanted a change; since our new plan was spending time in DS we opted for a 1 night stay in a newly refurbished preferred studio at SSR. It was a good choice! After dinner we went back and said our good-byes, all of us packing or our next destinations.

I have pictures of the super cool smokin' bourbon drinks the guys got but for some reason they won't download to my phone so I'll try to post them in my next update!

Never heard of it?
Bull and Bear at the Waldorf! Joe drove us over; the resort itself is really pretty and not far from Disney.
Ohhh... not on property. That would explain why I've never heard of it! :laughing:
And hey we got sparkly plates!!
"Thank you I'm done here. I've seen sparkly plates and can leave here happy."
I really don't know what to say about the food other than nothing was short of absolutely mind blowing!
Sounds like a wonderful meal indeed!
they then fried the scales and served it to her
What!?!? I've never heard of that! Huh!!!
The bill was......not for the faint of heart (ahem).
That's okay. For a truly excellent meal, the price will reflect it accordingly. Like you said, it's not for everyday... which helps to make it all that more special. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter