• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

Happy Saturday! I'm supposed to be getting some work because crises ensued this week and I fell behind on something that has to be done next week. So of course I'm on the DIS reading your report :D

Ricky and the other 4 guys they live with had to quarantine in their room for 10 days which is up this Sunday and they won't test them before Saturday; the guy who tested positive then tested negative on Sunday so he's back in the room as of yesterday and does not need to quarantine at all, while the rest of them still can't go to in person classes today or tomorrow while he can
This sounds like my work. They have the most archaic rules. I had an employee whose child had general symptoms but hadn't tested positive yet. She later tested negative but he still had to stay out of work for 2 weeks. I had another who elected to quarantine for 2 weeks so he could visit his elderly parents. Then when he came back they had enforced new "hot zone" rules and he had to quarantine for another 2 weeks. So he was out for a month. He's also completely useless so that's another story.

He's also talking to an advisor today about changing his major to Athletic Training as opposed to Mechanical Engineering.
Oh good. Of course I've never met the boy (can I say that :earboy2:) but that does seem like a better fit.

What do you think of the new Epcot entrance! I think it looks clean and pretty and can't wait to see it lit up for the 50th the way they showed it will be pixiedust:
It does look great. I hated those tomb stones. Can't wait to see it for myself in 2025.

Yes. $36,000, the EXACT amount we all carry in our shorts pockets when we go to Disney. You know, for t-shirts and mugs and things.
Congratulations! So glad you all bought one. And what a steal. It should look great on that mickey rug of yours.

Yuck! That doesn't even remotely look like a good BM. I would have expected FARTS of all things to produce a really good BM.

Red Wine-braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic
I hadn't ready about this but literally cooked almost this same thing for dinner last weekend. Sub some asparagus for the brocolini and you have Stone family dinner.

Good news is the college overall has had a .04% transmission rate since the kids went back in January so that is good news!
Good!
YES!
But :sad2:
But we'll still give you a prize, being Canadian and all and not allowed out of your country. You get ........................this!
:stitch2:
Yussssss...
Well of course you would; you're smart with your $$ and 2 shirts for $26,000 makes a WORLD of sense where a table for $36,000 makes none.
I are really schmart.

Oh my gosh, I'm crying LOLing here! Your reports are hysterical! Sorry about Ricky and the quarantining. That really bites. Happy about his new career path, though. From reading your other reports, this seems like it would be a great fit for him! Can't wait to read some more!

Yes. $36,000, the EXACT amount we all carry in our shorts pockets when we go to Disney. You know, for t-shirts and mugs and things.

All I got to say is they must sell some and if any of you end up purchasing one, can I please be there when it's delivered?

Of course - we have one for each wing in the house. We'll have our 5th delivered later this year, we'll send the jet for you. :rotfl2: I get choked up about the regular art prints that are for sale. I think a handbag is about the most expensive souvenir I've come home with.

Jenny shoved that whole coq in her mouth and proclaimed it worth the effort

Please tell me you got a photo or that Joe captured this on video. I'm thinking not since it seems the menfolk (yup, using your word) returned a bit later.

Here's something fun: one of Ricky's suitemates at college tested positive for COVID last Thursday and had to isolate. Ricky and the other 4 guys they live with had to quarantine in their room for 10 days which is up this Sunday.

My niece plays lacrosse for her college. The entire team came down with Covid-19, and missed the first two weeks of their season...

And when they came in to deep clean the room
That was nice!

Ok the important thing is they are all ok! :banana:And I'm fine with it all... :cool1:

He's also talking to an advisor today about changing his major to Athletic Training

It is important to be in a career that you love!

Which park were we going to?

View attachment 560368

Of Course...

We were there for FARTS after all.

I heard that Gas X tablets help really well with that... :oops:

What do you think of the new Epcot entrance!
:thumbsup2

We tried taking a bus around 10:30 while Jenny, Joe, Melinda and "R" were all driving; however the bus at GDT is ridiculous so we ended up getting an Uber at around 10:50.

You needed @pkondz standing there waiting with you...

View attachment 560369

I left this kind of big so you can hopefully really look at it. It's a bronze Fantasia coffee table, a very intricate gorgeous coffee table. So if you like a piece like this can be yours for the Disney souvenir price of $36,000.

Maybe I should try to win the lottery! I would definitely want the Fantasia one!

Um, I had the Soup Can Bloody Mary last year; wasn't a big fan; and this year it was HORRIBLE. Yup I didn't even finish it. It was super peppery and just not that great. I'm pretty sure @Jenny Sanders agreed.

With all the great food, it is a bummer to come across something HORRIBLE! Lesson learned!

View attachment 560528

I am not a fan of the Stargate or the Barges... I hope the fountains make a big difference.

We still needed more sustenance! After the crappy drink I wasn't fooling around anymore, so while the menfolk (can I say that? Or is it against 2021 rules?) went to get margaritas in the Mexico pavilion, Jenny and I continued on our food quest. This led us to Germany!

View attachment 560530

View attachment 560531

Redemption! The kids had paint your own cookies at Be Our Guest. They loved painting them as much as eating them!

Any guess who he's drawing?

View attachment 560536

And here's the finished product!

View attachment 560537

Very cool! Once I saw the finished product, I could find the duck bill and the bow on the top one.

There was still more FARTS food and fun to come! Some of it was just a tad scary too......:tinker:
:confused:

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Took Chris to Barnes & Noble today so he could get more of the Anime books he's into now and followed that up with dinner with Steve. I was in the mood for NACHOS:

And that's what I got! Tomorrow our granddaughter will be over again :love: And then Monday will be right behind that! Steve and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary Monday with a "Happy Anniversary" before he leaves for work since he will then be working at the restaurant at night! So let's just go back to our first day at FARTS 🚽

We left the festival center and somehow got over to the UK? Something is fuzzy but whatever, hi Alice! Nice to see you out! And boy your bangs look great, Florida weather doesn't mess with them huh!

Not knowing why we were in the UK, our goal after leaving the festival center was to catch the last Animation Academy of the day at the American Gardens Theater. Steve and I have done this at the festival before but Jenny and Joe had not.

I don't know if it was Melinda's first time or not but we all enjoyed drawing a sparkly Disney character (except for "R"; he chose to watch)
Who did we draw? Here's Steve's

Here's our animators:

And here's mine:

I'm no Trevor Carlson amiright??? I sent it to Ricky and he said it looked like Mickey and Tinkerbell.....................well, you get it.

We needed one more snack before leaving the park and after perusing our festival booklet, we settled on the Vibrante & Vivudo booth where we all got different stuff. Steve and I got these pretty dishes:

Chilled Seafood Cocktail with Octopus, Scallops, Shrimp, Black Garlic Aïoli, Tomato-Coconut Sauce, and Serrano-Lime Oil
Blue Corn Pupusa-stuffed with Cheese and topped with Shredded Pork, Guajillo and Árbol Chile Sauce, Cabbage Slaw, and Aji Amarillo Crema

The seafood cocktail was for Steve and he said it was super fresh. I think I like that! Think I might start saying "super fresh" all the time now! My blue corn papusa was really good; the pork was so tasty as was the crema. The papusa itself was mushier than I expected, I thought it would be on the crunchy side. So it wasn't bad at all just a bit unexpected.

We had some beverages from France to go with our snacks! I had the Charles Lafite, Brut Méthode Traditionnelle Champenoise, French Sparkling Wine , I can't remember what Jenny had and I'm pretty sure Melinda had the Frozen French Martini: Grey Goose, Vodka, Chambord Liqueur, Pineapple, Orange and Grape Juice with Lemon-Lime Foam. Here we are enjoying the drinks and each other!!

After this we all pretty much headed out but not before Steve and I ran back to the festival center to pick up another Larry Dotson piece which I'll share with you in my next update along with our group Valentine's dinner
:drinking1🍻🍷🥂🥃🍸🍹🍾
We did eat food too!

We left the festival center and somehow got over to the UK? Something is fuzzy but whatever, hi Alice! Nice to see you out! And boy your bangs look great, Florida weather doesn't mess with them huh!

View attachment 560995

Not knowing why we were in the UK, our goal after leaving the festival center was to catch the last Animation Academy of the day at the American Gardens Theater. Steve and I have done this at the festival before but Jenny and Joe had not.

View attachment 561006

Chilled Seafood Cocktail with Octopus, Scallops, Shrimp, Black Garlic Aïoli, Tomato-Coconut Sauce, and Serrano-Lime Oil
Blue Corn Pupusa-stuffed with Cheese and topped with Shredded Pork, Guajillo and Árbol Chile Sauce, Cabbage Slaw, and Aji Amarillo Crema

The papusa itself was mushier than I expected, I thought it would be on the crunchy side. So it wasn't bad at all just a bit unexpected.

View attachment 561007

I actually LIKE seeing the characters like this much better. I always want photos, but can't ever find opportunities to get a shot of them without random kids in them. XP

ADORE the Animation Academies there now. Doubt they'll continue for Flower and Garden but I sure had fun at FArts with them!

SUch a cute photo of you 3!

My pupusa wasn't mushy at all, in fact, quite the opposite and it was actually a little bit hard to cut apart. Flavorful, but not what I expected. LOL!

Happy Saturday! I'm supposed to be getting some work because crises ensued this week and I fell behind on something that has to be done next week. So of course I'm on the DIS reading your report :D
It's the thing to do! Sit down at the computer to work; get on the DIS :thumbsup2
This sounds like my work. They have the most archaic rules. I had an employee whose child had general symptoms but hadn't tested positive yet. She later tested negative but he still had to stay out of work for 2 weeks. I had another who elected to quarantine for 2 weeks so he could visit his elderly parents. Then when he came back they had enforced new "hot zone" rules and he had to quarantine for another 2 weeks. So he was out for a month. He's also completely useless so that's another story.
I don't get it! My 2 BFF's are teachers in different districts around here and if they are contact traced they have different guidelines for when they can return and what they need to do first. Everything is different everywhere!
Can't wait to see it for myself in 2025.
Stop :hug:
Congratulations! So glad you all bought one. And what a steal. It should look great on that mickey rug of yours.
Yup! Going to have Hayden dance on top of the table tomorrow! Why not? It's only $36k!
Oh my gosh, I'm crying LOLing here! Your reports are hysterical!
LOL Hey Teresa! Glad you're still enjoying it!
appy about his new career path, though. From reading your other reports, this seems like it would be a great fit for him! Can't wait to read some more!
It definitely seems to fit him better than engineering and we feel a bit of relief :)
Of course - we have one for each wing in the house. We'll have our 5th delivered later this year, we'll send the jet for you.
:rotfl: OK just have your people call my people when it's on the way!
I get choked up about the regular art prints that are for sale. I think a handbag is about the most expensive souvenir I've come home with.
We were doing the same when we all were walking through the festival center. Some of those are so touching, and gorgeous!
Please tell me you got a photo or that Joe captured this on video. I'm thinking not since it seems the menfolk (yup, using your word) returned a bit later.
I wish I did! You know we're lucky enough to capture lots of fun moments but sometimes we're too busy living those moments!
Well or eating. Sometimes we're just too busy eating :P
My niece plays lacrosse for her college. The entire team came down with Covid-19, and missed the first two weeks of their season...
@tundra the same thing happened to my nephew down in Georgia twice! First during practices before the season started they ended up having to quarantine for 10 days; now as of Thursday after they played a great game and won 10-1 they are again quarantining with 2 players testing positive.

I was in the mood for NACHOS:
Whoa! Those look great!
Tomorrow our granddaughter will be over again :love:
:)
Steve and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary Monday with a "Happy Anniversary"
Happy (early) anniversary!
We left the festival center and somehow got over to the UK? Something is fuzzy
Alcohol on board!
You most likely walked over... but I can't rule out other methods of locomotion.
And boy your bangs look great, Florida weather doesn't mess with them huh!
:laughing:
And here's mine:

I'm no Trevor Carlson amiright??? I sent it to Ricky and he said it looked like Mickey and Tinkerbell.....................well, you get it.
Um... er.... very nice drawing.

(Momma always said if you can't say anything nice... lie.)
Steve and I got these pretty dishes:

Very colourful. :)
Think I might start saying "super fresh" all the time now!
:laughing:

I'm sorry to hear about the quarantine. Was this the first time Ricky had to quarantine at college?

no specialty treatment to those who pay more for their resort but being that the tower is new and the closest area to a stop and all it just makes 0 sense that the stop there is the WORST. Overall IDK why the buses were so few; we've stayed at Copper Creek, BCV, SSR, BWV, Bay Lake since reopening and they were not this bad anywhere!
I think the bad bus situation for the towers is legendary - and ridiculous. It does seem as if there is no attempt to improve buses for more expensive resorts. My sister and I stayed at the GF for a quick weekend and the bus to Epcot was a disaster. It was more than an hour wait, although we bailed after 40 minutes and got a taxi.

And then Monday will be right behind that! Steve and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary Monday with a "Happy Anniversary" before he leaves for work since he will then be working at the restaurant at night!
Congratulations! It is just about the one year anniversary of Covid lockdowns, too. :)

Another great report! I love that they had Animation Academy outdoors...that's so fabulous. I would love to do that but I have yet to make it to FARTS. Flower and Garden will be lovely and I am looking forward to that though. All of the food and drinks looked and sounded wonderful as well.

Sorry to hear about the college lockdowns. I guess that's one good thing about having my college junior living at home and having all of his University classes being virtual. I'm sad he's missing out on a different college experience but MAYBE sometime before he graduates he'll get the chance to live on his own somewhere. We shall see.

Oh and P.S. Happy Anniversary

Took Chris to Barnes & Noble today so he could get more of the Anime books he's into now
OMG!! Gwen JUST said to me that we needed to go to Barnes & Nobles to buy more anime books! Maybe we should mail each other a full series for a book swap or something!

Gwen said that they all look evil, even the professional example.

I actually LIKE seeing the characters like this much better. I always want photos, but can't ever find opportunities to get a shot of them without random kids in them.
Oh it's definitely my preference as well! I hope they keep these fun sightings even when they go back to regular meets
Doubt they'll continue for Flower and Garden but I sure had fun at FArts with them!
Yeah they've done it for FARTS for the last at least 3 years but never for F&G so we'll have to stick to AK until next year!
My pupusa wasn't mushy at all, in fact, quite the opposite and it was actually a little bit hard to cut apart. Flavorful, but not what I expected. LOL!
Weird! Well at least we both enjoyed them lol
Whoa! Those look great!
Love them! They're from a locally owned place called Patsy's Roadhouse; the portion is HUGE! Just finished for dinner tonight!
Happy (early) anniversary!
:thanks:
Um... er.... very nice drawing.

(Momma always said if you can't say anything nice... lie.)
:rotfl: Momma raised you right!
I'm sorry to hear about the quarantine. Was this the first time Ricky had to quarantine at college?
Yes it was and all is well again now; as of today he's out and about! Tested negative and back in person to classes and at the gym.
Congratulations! It is just about the one year anniversary of Covid lockdowns, too. :)
Ha yes it is! Luckily we're in a much better place!
Flower and Garden will be lovely and I am looking forward to that though. All of the food and drinks looked and sounded wonderful as well.
Us as well, just a few weeks to go! F&G is actually my fave food wise of all the festivals
Sorry to hear about the college lockdowns. I guess that's one good thing about having my college junior living at home and having all of his University classes being virtual. I'm sad he's missing out on a different college experience but MAYBE sometime before he graduates he'll get the chance to live on his own somewhere. We shall see.
Yeah, it stinks more for having to quarantine than the possibility of getting sick but he still wanted to stay! We offered that he could come home during the quarantine but he wanted to be with his friends. I'm very thankful he went away; he's had such a good experience despite all the losses due to COVID and if he's enjoyed this year it can only get better!
Oh and P.S. Happy Anniversary
Thank you :-)

Happy anniversary!
Thanks Katie!
Your Tink drawing is 🤣🤣🤣.
Um......yeah :rolleyes1 I don't know what got into me with that one! I'm no artist but usually mine look decent enough!
I mean....he's not wrong :lovestruc
No he's not! LMAO
OMG!! Gwen JUST said to me that we needed to go to Barnes & Nobles to buy more anime books! Maybe we should mail each other a full series for a book swap or something!
That would be great if they read the same ones! I need to go see what the ones Chris has are. I know the shows he watches are a tad gruesome so not sure there ones Gwen would watch but maybe the books are better lol. Whatever this series is there's like 50 chapters and each is a different book!
Gwen said that they all look evil, even the professional example.
LOL maybe she's just trying to make me not feel so bad about mine

Took Chris to Barnes & Noble today so he could get more of the Anime books he's into now and followed that up with dinner with Steve. I was in the mood for NACHOS:

My youngest loves Anime too. She reads them on her phone. Does Chris like watching it too? The Nachos look sooo good.

Steve and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary Monday with a "Happy Anniversary" before he leaves for work since he will then be working at the restaurant at night!

Happy Belated Anniversary!
party:
And here's mine:

And how much did you have to drink before this?

Seriously, this is why I have never done one of this classes, my drawing would look soooo much worse. I have no skills what so ever.

Very pretty!

Such a cute group photo!

My youngest loves Anime too. She reads them on her phone. Does Chris like watching it too?
He does! In fact he has a couple friends that are into it and when they come over, now they watch it rather than play video games lol. Not sure which I prefer! And I've watched a few episodes with him. He tries to explain it but......yeah. I mean some look pretty cool but VERY graphic, which for me is fine because I love horror and yuck but I'm still amazed at some of what's in there.
Happy Belated Anniversary!
Thank you!
And how much did you have to drink before this?
:laughing: Well you know! But actually I was still seeing straight lol. Usually my drawings are ok; not scary. I don't know what happened here but I'll just cross fingers I don't ever draw here again!

Happy anniversary!

I'm a terrible artist so i'm happy if I draw anything remotely close to what it's supposed to look like lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter