Thats her 1st trip & that one posing for the camera. Friends in Disney.Nov 13 TR 6/25

leshunlenese

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! We took a very short trip to wdw in November. We were celebrating a first visit!
We have DS and I, KK, and Star.

ry%3D400

Star the short girl there in the black and Is my longest bestest friend ever. We have been friends since before we can remember like preschoolers. This was her very 1st visit at 27 years young. KK met in college and has became one of my best friends. We are both RRT and went to the same school. The last time we went on a trip together was before we were all college graduates and before I became a mother. This trip was only 4 days and we only went to 2 parks but it was so much fun. Since it was so short I am just going to jump right in.
Details:
When: November 20-23, 2013
where: Port Orleans riverside
who: Us four
What: our 1st trip to Disney world
why: Who needs a reason

November 19th:
I worked today. Got off at 7 and got the DS. I Meet my friends and we had a reunion like no other! Which consisted of going to bed early since I just worked 12 hours.

November 20th:
Today was the day. We left around 8 am. We took the 3 and half hour drive from GA and made one stop for gas. We drove straight to POR

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

It was our, including my, 1st stay at POR. I feel in love. I even thought the manager who greeted us was handsome. The christmas decorations were up!

ry%3D480

We booked FD with a garden View and we were in building 17 in the AB section. Our room was 1735. I immediately feel in love with this resort and it is one I can come back to someday because it did not cost a month's rent for one night!

ry%3D400

Our location was perfect for not being preferred. It was right next door to the perferred buildings. We did not have to walk far. It took not even 5 minutes to get to the food court.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ole man island was a bridge away from the food court. The water slide as a big hit even though my DS did not go down . He said he wanted to but after the 3rd time we went up there and he chickened out, I informed him that we were done with this. He enjoyed the kiddie pool. They had poolside games and I was enjoying the Whitney Houston track they had going on. I felt like I could dance with somebody! hehe

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

An hour later we came back to the room and got ready for downtown Disney.
We went to take the boat over because my DS has a thing for Disney transportation. Buses, boats, and monorails especially! The resort is beautiful!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Downtown Disney and Dinner next

Can you see it??
Downtown Disney
ry%3D400

We had no real plans until dinner but I gave Star the grand tour. Someone had to stop for a Drink, The grown up kind.

ry%3D400

Star got a smoothie and Devyn took this pic.

ry%3D400

I had to take them into Ghirardelli. They gave away some peppermint chocolate. We continued over and I was hoping for a ride on characters in flight like I have tried the past 2 years and it's still close! There was a store by wet seal on the Westside where the girls did a little shopping. I on the other hand am to fat to shop at that store. I tried to save my money and I did pretty well until my DS found the candy store next door. My fatness did not stop me though as I paid for this bag of cotton candy and the DS Mickey rice krispy treat.

ry%3D480

After a bathroom break we knew we had to make our way to the bus stop. We were being lazy and decided to ride the boat from the Westside to marketplace. Mistake number 1, It took us twice as long as if we would have walked we had to go to the resort for our adr and after my recent stay at the YC I knew we would wait forever for a bus. Good thing because we needed the entire hour and half to get to our ADR right on time!

We were eating at my absolute must do every trip at least while we have free dining.

CAPE MAY CAFE.

The lobby was decked out in chocolate and horses!
ry%3D400

I was too busy stuffing my face to get many pictures. We had been up all day and we did not have anything to eat since we left that morning.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Veggies never stood a chance but I did eat all of the broccoli, all 3 pieces!

In my other TR, we had dinner here and my DS got an amazing monorail cake for his birthday! He was asking for one again! Silly kid :rotfl2:

We were so full and so tired, I cannot remember how we got back but we made it safely and using Disney transportation without going to DTD. I do remember we did not have the bus stops figured out so we got off at the west station at POR instead of the main south and took us a little longer to get to the room. We got a little lost but it was dark! That's the excuse I'm using.

I'm in! Seems like a fun girls trip...plus Devyn! I'm sure he got lots of attention with three ladies around him all the time. :rotfl:

It's so great that you got such a good location at POR without having to pay the upcharge. :thumbsup2 I love the Port Orleans resorts. Reminds me of home!

Too bad the balloon at DTD still wasn't working for you. We have always wanted to try to do it too, but never been able to either. Maybe one day!

Looking forward to more!

Kristy devyn is spoiled rotten by my friends his god mom and adopted aunt. They spoil him rotten and he usually acts shy around them but he was all up on them especially his godmom. I was trying to explain to him he could get his own fries but when K got her food he was crying to go with her and whenever she had candy around I did not exist! I am sorry I haven't been focused on this report guys but I am getting ready for my 1st Disney cruise but this was a short trip so I will try to get the updates quick;y

YAY! Another report from you! :)

I have been trying to get POR for the past month... We have a quick trip planned for the weekend in June and I originally booked POP.. Now, my MIL wants to come ( she has never been and want to bring her while our kids are still young enough so she can see their excitement) so I have been calling everyday- trying to move.. :)

Love your disney vacation shirt.. Where did you get it?
Almost time for your cruise!!!

YAY! Another report from you! :)

I have been trying to get POR for the past month... We have a quick trip planned for the weekend in June and I originally booked POP.. Now, my MIL wants to come ( she has never been and want to bring her while our kids are still young enough so she can see their excitement) so I have been calling everyday- trying to move.. :)

Love your disney vacation shirt.. Where did you get it?
Almost time for your cruise!!!
You keep trying! I helped a friend for spring break it was full with free dining 2 weeks before her trip a room came for POR. It absolutely is a beautiful resort if I ever get married and have more kids that would be my go to resort. It's not expensive enough to not feel bad about leaving and going to the parks but nice enough for me to want to do nothing there!
I got from the Disneystore.Com on clearance. They were in the parks at sometime.
Thanks for reading along!

Gotta follow along!

I LOVE POR! FQ too... they are probably at the top of my list even over WL or YC (only cause of the price of YC)

Too funny about the cake!

Gotta follow along!

I LOVE POR! FQ too... they are probably at the top of my list even over WL or YC (only cause of the price of YC)

Too funny about the cake!

Yes the prices will keep me out of the deluxe resort most of the time because Id rather be in Disney and stay at a value than don't go and save for a deluxe.

So in case anyone s wondering. 5 days until our first Disney cruise! I cannot contain my excitement!!! Thought I'd get one update in before I left!

November 21st
Today was the day! The day star would see my castle! Yes my castle, I don't know why they keep the keys from me.
We had AM EMH and the park was closing at 7 for MVMCP. Our Alarm went off at 6am.

ry%3D400

We went to the bus stop 45 minutes later. Lucky for us a bus had just pulled up. We got to MK and we were the first ones at one of the turnstiles and they opened 5 minutes later.

ry%3D400

While we waited, the rain started! Just to let you know it rained hard for most the morning and the rain continued on and off the rest of the day.
The rain prevented star from seeing a real opening show but it was so empty there it was perfect! The countdown begins and we walked on to Main Street. At 8:10 we were going into ETWB. I guess we were the 2nd show of the day. I was hoping one of my friends would get picked but they did not. DS was a fork though!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After ETWB, we went to meet rapunzel. I really tried to make sure star got to see what she wanted and K too. Even though this was the 3rd trip this year for me and K! On this every one of us got the special red time car. Star got it first while we were waiting!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

None of us have ever met her and she is sweet! She gave DS a little kiss.
Snow was wonderful too. She asked star if she got her necklace from the mine with the dwarfs!

ry%3D400

We met Ariel after and we went over to Petes tent and met Minnie and daisy with no line. There was absolutely no one in there it was perfect and we went and did the same thing with goofy and Donald. I remember when I was kid and that was behind Mickey's house and we waited over an hour to meet the mouse. That is why I try to stay away from the summer.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This time, we spent a little time in the shop afterwards. DS has a Mickey hat he has had for the past 2 years but this trip I could not find it anywhere and I am still sad about that so this time I got Him his very 1st set of Mickey ears. Star also got her 1st pair of ears, Minnie version. I also got some pirate Minnie ears and hope to use them again on our Disney Cruise in may! I also got a drink and some cotton candy for us to share. I mean we were on vacation; we can have that for a morning snack! I also got the WDW blanket for spending more money than I should have.

We left and rode Dumbo, It is classic, star had to ride and so did I! I tried to get the DS to ride with one of them but he refused to not ride with his momma! I gladly accepted considering he will eventually grow out of that. We also rode the barnstormer, Winnie the pooh, and the little mermaid

ry%3D400

We rode the speedway next and then we made our way to Be our guest because we had a fast pass for lunch between 10:45 and 11 something. I'm glad we did because the line was already out by Gaston's tavern.
The FP+ is a separate website and is not attached to our reservations or MDE. I would bring a copy of your conformation just in case as a family in front of us was having some difficulties. We proudly bypassed that extra long line and went inside we her we still had a little wait. then they take you to a station to order. It said to get a rose and place on your table but we did not see one. We chose to sit in the west wing because it was cool but we picked a popular spot as we sat by this picture and everyone came to get pictures all around our table.

ry%3D480

It was annoying while I was eating and someone just posted right next to me . However, it was all good! Everyone was excited just as me. Just don't sit there unless you have too! Even without the magic rose our food made it to us. I had this amazing dish, the braised pork. It was so good.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So I will stop here due to picture limit and Its my last day off till I leave so I need to finish packing!

Great update! I love when the park is empty enough to get so much done!

You lunch looked really good! I did not go for a dinner reservation for BOG for our next trip... I may have to try out that fp+ for lunch. :thumbsup2

And...given that 4 days ago you wrote you were leaving in 5... I bet you are packing now or about to leave...or something. What ever it is, I hope you have an AWESOME trip!!! :goodvibes

I was at Disney in November also!

Have a great time on your cruise.
:fish::boat:

Oh I need to check your TR. I loved November. I really want to go to Disney on my birthday and for SWW so we are going in May next year but I think November the same week will be my go to month later on

Great update! I love when the park is empty enough to get so much done!

You lunch looked really good! I did not go for a dinner reservation for BOG for our next trip... I may have to try out that fp+ for lunch. :thumbsup2

And...given that 4 days ago you wrote you were leaving in 5... I bet you are packing now or about to leave...or something. What ever it is, I hope you have an AWESOME trip!!! :goodvibes

My cruise was amazing! Id give everything to be at castaway at this moment!
It was perfect!!

Joining in your report .... Have a beautiful cruise : )

Welcome and Thank you for joining me. Excuse me as I am not good a writing and of you see a few misspelled words just excuse me!

After lunch we went back to tomorrowland. I had a 1st timer and a another big kid who were dying to ride space but I encouraged them to ride Buzz and the people mover before since we just ate.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I tried to get DS on space but he was not into it and he was a little too short as well. As my lovely friends were enjoying themselves someone somehow got me to agree to face painting! He chose the star command design.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The girls had a nice ride into space. At this point we left this land of tomorrow and were headed to meet K's favorite princess but we had a few distractions. :rolleyes1

First we stopped on the side and front of the castle to get some pictures. I get a pic with the DS and I every trip in the same spot since his 1st trip so it was necessary and well a 1st timer has to have a castle picture. It's a Disney law! The photo guy on the side was awful and did not even speak. The one on the front though was very good. He made us girls do a side pose and he said not you little man, you are the man here so fold your arms!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

While we were getting the pictures we were moving because there was parade coming!!!! the photopass guy was very interactive and he told us come on girls let get these pics!

The street party was coming and K had so much fun doing this with her fam she was ready to do it again. Whenever K is into a character or dance, I am all in. She doesn't do character pics so much. DS was into it too!

ry%3D400

We left with a little sweat and we finally went on our way to meet Princess Tiana. However, we had a while before her next set so we made a detour to adventureland. We rode JC first and I got the red card this time. Then we went on POTC. After this ride we left to meet Tiana. We got there just in time and even though she was not out yet, her line was cut off almost 5 minutes later. K was very excited to meet her. We let her go first!

ry%3D400

Princess Tiana was so sweet. Much sweeter than last time we saw her and DS loved her. Have you ever seen such an amazing smile?

ry%3D400

I love this picture as she was asking the DS about his face.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we each had some time we got one big picture together! We are obviously not almost 30 years old!

ry%3D400

After our meet and great we went to see the end of the castle show. I normally skip it but I had a 1st timer who needed to see it. It was almost 3 o'clock so I went to get a parade spot for us while they finished up.

I got a spot on the hub in front of the popcorn cart and because we were near it and my DS loves popcorn to the point of an addiction I got a Mickey Santa popcorn bucket and a drink. Star got a regular souvenir bucket with popcorn and K got a drink.

ry%3D400

While we were waiting I notice a cast member. In fact I have noticed her on all 3 of my trips I had this year. Let me tell you this chick deserves a raise or something. She is so into everything and can bust some moves on the dance floor. She put on a show I tell you and got everybody pumped up.

ry%3D400

You see her! For someone like me who has no rhythm whatsoever, I was impressed.

ry%3D400

Then the parade started. I haven't seen this parade in a very long time and since there will be a new one soon was happy to catch it one more time. And who what of guessed who we saw at the end of the parade, princess Tiana and prince naveen. All of us were screaming her name she must of been terrified. She said Hey yall! Didn't I just see you?! Loved her!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Next More MK

I am glad you had a good time on your cruise!

Isn't it great when you bring a first timer to WDW? You get to enjoy things through their "first timer" eyes. So cool!!

Love the pics in front on the castle. Looks like you gals were having a great time and your son... he is just adorable there standing with his arms crossed.

Tiana pics are great! She is one of my favorite princesses. We have had good luck meeting nice ones. On one of ours, she talked so sweet to my dd and gave her a nick name. Too cute!

And the cm who was dancing... I have seen her on a video, but never in real life. She was interviewed. She decided she wanted to lose some weight and figured that dancing at Disney would be a great way to do so!

Love the face paint on your son ... Adorable : ) his popcorn looks really great too!

Thank you! we love popcorn especially Disney popcorn

I am glad you had a good time on your cruise!

Isn't it great when you bring a first timer to WDW? You get to enjoy things through their "first timer" eyes. So cool!!

Love the pics in front on the castle. Looks like you gals were having a great time and your son... he is just adorable there standing with his arms crossed.

Tiana pics are great! She is one of my favorite princesses. We have had good luck meeting nice ones. On one of ours, she talked so sweet to my dd and gave her a nick name. Too cute!

And the cm who was dancing... I have seen her on a video, but never in real life. She was interviewed. She decided she wanted to lose some weight and figured that dancing at Disney would be a great way to do so!

YES! It was so much fun to see how excited she was and she cannot wait to go back .

I love those pics too, I got some friends frames and out those pics in them for their Christmas presents!

You should see her in real life. She is so good ad everyone was cheering her on!

After the parade we finally made it over to our last land, frontierland.
So last time in this area with K I had a bird poop in my head. I am still waiting on the good luck. It is safe to say that I am paranoid of this spot. I had to scope out the trees and make sure no birds were chilling and then I ran across the bridge.
We were going to the wildest ride in the wilderness. We had FP+ for it but it was not necessary as the line was not very long. DS here in his excited face! He does this a lot especially in WDW!

ry%3D400

The ride was fun and quick!

The clouds begin to change on us at this point and at the same time the DS noticed the flying carpets so we went to ride it. It drizzled a little and after the cast member warned me not to open my umbrella on the ride or they would stop, I put it up and put that idea out my head!

ry%3D400

As soon as the ride ended the bottom fell out the sky. It started to pour and remained that way the rest of the day. To escape the rain we went into philarmagic. The rain made it have a line out of the door. Coming out the show, the rain was still at it but I notice I could get the DS ears embroidered and so we did. K got some suckers and the DS took one. He really wanted to ride the horses so we all went on the horses. It amazes me that you never get to old for the carousel!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The rain was coming down real hard but we tried to hold out thinking it would stop so we went to the monsters laugh floor and I was so glad we did. The DS got on the big screen. It was really funny.
We left out and in case you were wondering, it was still pouring out and thick drops too!!
We cut through emporium to escape the rain a little. I tried to not stop in there but it was not without difficulty. I did however not buy anything at this moment. With that we left the magic kingdom. I was sad, I would not be back till September and my friends had no plans to come back anytime soon. The fun was not over because next we got on the DS favorite ride, the monorail.

ry%3D400

We had a 7:45 ADR and even though it was only after 6, we wanted to escape the rain. We got on the monorail. The DS enjoyed his sucker from before.
We got off at the classiest resort, the Grand Floridian! We browsed the stores and K got some things from Basin. DS was dying to ride the...wait for it...........................

The elevator!!:laughing:

So we went down and there was a Photo pass photographer taking pics in front of the tree so we had to get some even though we were soak and wet.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We found a lovely corner outside the restaurant there were some couches but I was comfortable on the floor and I was able to dry my shoes and I was able to charge my phone and camera. Good thing I bought the chargers in my bag!
We basically sat around and people watched until it was time for our ADR. We were eating at 1900 park fare. A 1st for everyone, the buffet was really good. Even though I had trouble getting the DS to eat anything besides French fries, it was fun. The step family had the best interaction. The stepmom tried to get the DS to marry one of her daughters. He refused!:rotfl:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

In all the food was good, characters were entertaining, and we would come back! The fact that prince charming was there, I thought it made it appropriate for my DS.

After Dinner, we got back on the monorail. The fireworks were on as we were walking back to the buses. We did not have to wait long and the DS had a thing for riding in the back of the bus. He was so happy.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Even though we were up so early and the DS was out all day with no stroller I still had to make this kid go to bed and we did not go straight to bed! Wouldn't you know the rain stopped and k and the DS went to the pool! He had his I want to go with K moment! We eventually fell asleep but not without watching Scandal!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter