• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That Upper Upper Tummy Rash...You Know the One..

Keep things dry even if it means packing extra bras with you or purring absorbent items in your bra. At home I wear a breastnest bra. It’s awesome. I started wearin* it last year when I was diagnosed with cancer and had rads.

Gold bond friction defense. It's the greatest invention ever! It looks like a stick of deodorant.

This! I don't have the same problem, am not overweight, but used this in the heat at Disney for thigh rash walking so much in the heat - I wear dresses. Works great for friction.

It can be found most any drug store or Walmart/Target type stores. You can also use BodyGlide friction stick from sports store, or Monistat feminine chafing gel. I've used all three - they work great!

Zeasorb powder. Best thing I've ever bought. You can get it at Wal Mart but my Costco has it behind the counter for cheaper.

I second Zeasorb. My dermatologist recommended this. I've had no problems for the past 5 years since using this in the summer.

Just for clarification the poster that said friction stick and the poster that said spray deodorant you use these products on the underside of your breasts?
I've just never considered those products for trouble in that area so I'm just making sure that is where you are using it.

I use an antiperspirant stick, not deodorant. Deodorants do not stop wetness, only odor. Antiperspirants are made to stop wetness. (Some are combos antiperspirants & deodorants. Make sure you get one with and antiperspirant. I use the same one as I do for my underarms: Lady Speed Stick: Invisible Dry, (purple stick,) so it doesn't cause yellow stains on my clothes. It's also a dry stick, not wet or sticky. I just do a couple swipes on the underside of my breasts & sides. Works great. :thumbsup2 It was 87 degrees here and HUMID. :crazy2: And I was dry where I applied the Lady Speed Stick. Everywhere else was wet & sweaty. :crazy2:

I just ordered several of these items on amazon and will get after it. Thank you for the great suggestions!

the monistat works great for chafing, no matter what area. i also have a friend whose brothers often borrow her tube for....the boys...lol

Just for clarification the poster that said friction stick and the poster that said spray deodorant you use these products on the underside of your breasts?
I've just never considered those products for trouble in that area so I'm just making sure that is where you are using it.

Yes you can use the gold bond friction defense there. It works anywhere your skin rubs together. I get it at walmart but I'm sure other drug stores carry it.

I agree with the Zeabsorb, but I like this better.

36325d98-baf8-4905-8046-5b83228fa73a_1.44afcfc8f393d512701d61863f78dfac.jpeg

OP it sounds like you might be having active infections. If the powders alone don't work to heal you, then there are creams the dermatologist can prescribe. Good luck!

I occasionally get a little bit of this type of rash in the summer, but the summer I was pregnant with baby #3 I had a raging case of it. It itched and burned and was miserable. I found that I needed to keep it dry—after a shower I would lay down on my bed under the ceiling fan until I was completely dry—no dampness. And I also used an anti-fungal—basically the same stuff you would use on athletes foot. The spray burned like crazy but stayed drier. The cream tended to feel too moist and the ointment was worse. I suspect they would have worked fine long term as far as healing, but didn’t feel as comfortable while I was going about my day.

I have a bit of a old fashioned approach to self treatment (thanks dad), a little burning or nasty taste and I just feel like it is actually working better, like I get a little suspicious when the treatment is too pleasant.

So whenever I start to get a heat rash under the girls, at the first signs I wipe down with rubbing alcohol or witch hazel and let it evaporate and dry, it stings a little (that is why I only do it at the first signs, I could not imagine doing it when super irritated yeeow :worried: ) but besides the cooling, i think it helps kill anything growing

Never heard of this. Can I buy it at the local grocery or drug store?

I buy mine at Walgreens haven’t seen it at walmart or the grocery stores I go to. Amazon has it. Try it you won’t be disappointed. It’s about 6 dollars or so but even if it was 20 dollars I will buy it. Yes it’s that good.

I take a very simple approach- make sure after a shower I pat the area completely dry, then just use a roll on stick of deodorant under there and it seems to work fine. I also use the roll on deodorant for preventing chub rub, another painful and common problem in the summer when I wear shorts not quite long enough to cover my thighs!

The rash is a yeast rash that happens in warm, damp places. So try to keep it from being damp. I wear Lane Bryant Lightly Lined bras, they have some absorbent padding and the fabric that covers and cushions the underwire is thick and absorbent. Don't use baby powder, they make it with corn starch now and it'll just feed the yeast and make everything worse. In the summer I only wear my bras once (sometimes twice if I haven't been out in the heat and sweating a lot) and then I wash them on the delicate cycle in hot water, with a splash of bleach. Yes, that is very damaging to my expensive bras but I'd rather look for sales and replace my bras more frequently than deal with a miserable itchy rash under my breasts. I think Lane Bryant is still having their buy 2, get 2 free sale. I stock up then (when I can afford it) and I always have a rotation of 6 or more "good" bras, as well as a few that are looking worse for wear. Even with all the abuse my bras take with this cleaning ritual, they still last me more than a year; that should tell you how durable Lane Bryant bras are. I'll warn you that they have unique sizing though, I'd recommend stopping in at a store to try on your size to make sure it fits the same.

Body glide works great, also foot glide for blisters... I hike a lot & sweat! Never get chafing or blisters with these. Not expensive either.

Wash and Dry underneath them with a hot blow dryer a few times a day. Use Chub Rub ( friction stick)

In the middle of summer, when our humidity drives temperatures into the high 30s (110+F) I can’t imagine something I’d want to do less than aim a hair dryer at me.

Reviving this old thread because once again, here comes the heat and here comes the 'burn'.

I found a product that works and cracks me up all at the same time. Lady Anti Monkey Butt powder! At first I was embarrassed to buy it, but honestly, it makes me laugh. I really need to remember to ask my hubby to pick it up for me. :P

Attachments

• 9318A702-05CF-4A55-BC10-51C7C0EB9EAE.jpeg
    9318A702-05CF-4A55-BC10-51C7C0EB9EAE.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 3
I know the solution to this! I used to have this problem all the time - to the point where my dr prescribed all sorts of powders and creams and medications to try to combat it.

The solution for me was to get properly fitting bras - if you don't know what your size is, you can go to the "A Bra That Fits" reddit site and there's a calculator. Be prepared that your real size is likely MUCH larger than you are wearing now - I went from wearing a 36DDD to a 36K, if you can believe it. A properly-fitting bra will eliminate skin-to-skin contact, which fixes the problem. You may have to try many bras before you find one that fits correctly, but once you do you'll never go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter