That special place where the magic hits you!

1.Standing outside, waiting for MK to open, and the opening music starts. Every time, I look over at my growing family and feel grateful to be there with them. And then I cry. :sad:

2. It's a Small World. It brings me back to childhood visits and the first time I shared it with each of my children.

3. Wishes. My best grown up memory is my bucket list experience watching the finale from Dumbo a week before it moved, but watching from right in front of the castle, lifting at least one child up to see through the crowd, always means I'm really at Disney World.
pixiedust:

1) Walking into each of the parks, just through the gate and seeing: The castle, The hat, the ball. Something about seeing each of those makes my stomach do tumbles.

2) Whenever I open the door to our hotel room...

3) Watching wishes when the fairy flies. I always cry.

1. On the bus to the MK, when you catch your first glimpse of the Castle in the distance that trip. I think it's when you're passing The Contemporary that you can see it.
2. The first time I smell the popcorn. :goodvibes
3. Any of the Entrance Gates to any park. I've been known to squeal and jump up and down.

1: As soon as I walk under the train station and see Main Street U.S.A.
2: The moment the Epcot "Ball" catches in the sunlight on our first EP morning
3: Riding the monorail for the first time on each visit

My first trip was in 1977 and ended up being the only time I ever got to go with my dad...weird the way life works out...I didn't go back until '87 and then it was a trip for just me and mom...then didn't go again till 97 and my dad had just passed away...

Anyway...

1. Riding TTA or the Peoplemover. It was the only ride I went on alone with my daddy in '77. I always ride it and think of him and just send him thoughts of hello and I miss you.

2. Watching the monorail go through the lobby of the CR and seeing the Mary Blair mural. This is where we stayed in '77 and I just thought it was the most fantastic thing ever! I knew then the place was magical, like no where else on earth. And it made me appreciate my parents a lot, that they took me there and we stayed at this fantastic place they picked out.

3. This is a toss-up, but probably riding IASW or Haunted Mansion or PotC....all rides I got to experience on that first trip and all left an indelible mark on my memory.

My first trip was in 1977 and ended up being the only time I ever got to go with my dad...weird the way life works out...I didn't go back until '87 and then it was a trip for just me and mom...then didn't go again till 97 and my dad had just passed away... Anyway... 1. Riding TTA or the Peoplemover. It was the only ride I went on alone with my daddy in '77. I always ride it and think of him and just send him thoughts of hello and I miss you. 2. Watching the monorail go through the lobby of the CR and seeing the Mary Blair mural. This is where we stayed in '77 and I just thought it was the most fantastic thing ever! I knew then the place was magical, like no where else on earth. And it made me appreciate my parents a lot, that they took me there and we stayed at this fantastic place they picked out. 3. This is a toss-up, but probably riding IASW or Haunted Mansion or PotC....all rides I got to experience on that first trip and all left an indelible mark on my memory.

I love that your favorites are tied to memories with your father! My father passed away in 1999, and the memories are still so fresh - like they were just yesterday!

1) I sneak up on the castle every trip. I come in the left entrance, stay left as long as I can, and then pop around the corner to see the castle. :goodvibes

2) At the top of SE, when the cars all turn to look at the earth from space? :love: :goodvibes

3) Floating past the pyramid in Gran Fiesta Tour. :goodvibes

4) That first ride on the TTA, where you put your feet up and enjoy the breeze and the sights! :goodvibes

5) and finally - COP!!! All of it! ;)

1. Driving under 'the' sign. You know of which one I speak.

2. Walking in to 'your' room. You know you're HOME with that welcoming towel Mickey waiting on the bed.

3. Seeing THE Castle around the corner, and hearing the music, and smelling the scents.... of Main Street.

*sigh* pixiedust:

Soon.... soon....

CoolMom

Ditto! Just over two weeks to go!

I want to pick 4, but I'll stick with 3.

1. Watching the castle stage show. Seeing all those classic characters up there together, having fun, singing and dancing just does it.
2. Fireworks in the MK. I don't think I've made it through one without tearing up.
3. Being on Splash and looking out over the park right before the drop. I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

The scent when entering the Beach Club lobby:lovestruc

Walking through the International Gateway entrance of Epcot and into the World Showcase

1. Walking in the main entrance to EPCOT past Spaceship Earth. I guess it reminds me of visiting the 1964 World's Fair in NY when I was a kid. It made quite an impression on me.

2. Entering the main entrance to the Poly lobby (and that familiar smell).

Wow these are all great answers! And mine are already covered but here's what really gets me and brings tears to my eyes.

When the ME drives under the Walt Disney World sign

Walking into the entrance of the Magic Kingdom, under the train where it's darker into the light of the courtyard. You enter the bright light and you first see down Main Street with the Castle down at the end and the smells and music hit you. Pure Magic pixiedust:

And I always cry some as we walk out of the MK, same spot, I'll look back towards the castle one last time. This time I'll probably cry more as this is our dream trip. And I do not know when/if we will be able to go back. So I'll be "that" woman on the bus back to the hotel that last night. Thankfully it'll be dark :sad:

1. Topping the drop of Splash Mountain and seeing the Castle icicle lights come on at my first MVMCP.

2. Seeing Spaceship Earth (ball) on my first visit to my first park, Epcot.

3. The Osborne Lights waiting for them to come on then when they 'hit' the lights pixiedust:

1. Being on the monorail! Brings me back to childhood every ride! Especially if I'm getting on or off at the contemporary!

2. The end of fantasmic! When I see Mickey on top of that mountain it always brings tears to my eyes!

3. The light up stars in the ground at Epcot! I always remember jumping on them as a child and I have to step on them now!! Even walking out of EPCOT at night is magical!

1. Seeing the Magical Express bus
2. Arriving in the Magic Kingdom
3. Sitting in the logs on Splash Mountain and hearing the music.

Wish I could do more than 3!

1. Walking into the Magic Kingdom on our first full day
2. Eating at Crystal Palace
3. Buying my first souvenier

Seeing the Walt Disney sign as we drive in.

Getting in the gates at MK and walking down Main Street to see the castle.

The soundtrack from Wishes... Gets me every time.

Seeing the wedding pavilion from the monorail because that's where we got married :)

Ok this thread is making me tear up...I'm such a sap!

Here are my few (that once again...always make me tear up)

1) Being on the Monorail and hearing the announcer's voice (everyone's favourite line..."please stand clear of the doors")

2) Walking down to the end of Main St. and looking at "Walt's window" :sad:

3) The queue for Space Mountain

1) I sneak up on the castle every trip. I come in the left entrance, stay left as long as I can, and then pop around the corner to see the castle. :goodvibes

2) At the top of SE, when the cars all turn to look at the earth from space? :love: :goodvibes

3) Floating past the pyramid in Gran Fiesta Tour. :goodvibes

4) That first ride on the TTA, where you put your feet up and enjoy the breeze and the sights! :goodvibes

5) and finally - COP!!! All of it! ;)

aaah nothing like a nice releaxing spin around Tomorrowland :thumbsup2

1. Walking in to the Magic Kingdom and hearing the music. Even when I transfer to the monorail or bus from the other and just walk through the front of the MK, I get goose bumps.

2. Riding the monorail. This always reminds me of my childhood.

3. Seeing Spaceship Earth. Probably my favorite ride as a young boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter