• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving

Jamie Reedy

Jamiechewie
My family and I are going to WDW for Thanksgiving this year. My wife and I have been during Halloween before, but not at Christmas. We hear a lot about these two holidays, but not sure what to exspect for Thanksgiving?

Run a search and you’ll find quite a few recent threads about it.

We loved our thanksgiving trip last year. So much that we are planning it for 2019. It is busy, but the parks extend hours, the Christmas decorations are up and the atmosphere can’t be beat.

We stayed at Beach Club and took a tour of other resorts to see the decorations. We had a blast.

We love this time of year at WDW - busy, but manageable, especially if you are veterans, who know how to utilize FP, use early hours, and hop as needed. If you haven't been when it is decorated for Christmas, you will love it! Seeing the castle lighting is amazing and the giant gingerbread house at GF is a must-see. Love the feeling on Main Street and the corny Christmas jokes on the Jingle Cruise! We also enjoyed the Candlelight Processional at Epcot for conveying the spirit of Christmas. You will want to reserve some time to resort hop and see all the decor, or plan to eat at some of them to check it out. WL is especially beautiful, with a similar look at AKL. Monorail resorts as well as Epcot resorts have displays.

If you are well planned you can work around the crowds - it is definitely better than Christmas week! Weather can be very warm or cold, we were in shorts one year on Tday, and wearing winter coats and gloves on another. We actually found the day after Tday at MK the busiest, so I'd avoid that. We went early to MK on Tday, had lunch at LTT on year, and dinner at 1900PF another, in case we wanted to leave if it was too crowded, but didn't have a problem - sorry, just realized you will hopefully already have your days planned since it is only a month away(wow!), but hopefully still some helpful info!

Focus on the extras, don't worry about riding everything. MK usually has late EMH the day before Thanksgiving, and isn't too crowded. Sleep in on Thanksgiving, visit resorts for decorations, have a late dinner. Trails End is a great choice, go out to the beach and watch fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant. Take a taxi, uber or Minnie Van though, the parking lot usually fills up.

We love Thanksgiving at WDW! Headed back this year! Everyone else is right about crowds being manageable. Just study up on these boards and ask questions, and you'll be at a major advantage.

It's busy, but not as bad as Xmas. The worst days are Wed-Sat. Even then, MK is the busiest...the other parks are busy, but not horribly so.

I don’t know when you’re trip ends, but the crowds really start to die down the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We always arrive the Saturday after and see a big difference between that Saturday and Sunday.

Personally, I think Thanksgiving is much more tolerable than Christmas week. As stated before the crowded time is Wed-Sat. The parks will start to think out by Saturday. I would avoid MK on Thanksgiving. I enjoy Thanksgiving over Christmas.

Thanksgiving is great! I did not find it any more crowded than Memorial Day. Have fun!

We will be there this year as well. Have gone several times during that week and have not found it too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter