~Thanksgiving Weekend~

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Are you doing the turkey, the ham, the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie? Dinner at your place this long weekend? Can I come? ;) :)

I can't believe that at this late date, we are still unorganized about Thanksgiving! I'm not sure whether or not we are even having a turkey dinner, since some of the family are still trying to decide whether to go to the cottage or not (there isn't room for all of us there). If we have one, it will be a much smaller group than usual, and we'll have it on Monday. I want to spend part of the weekend watching the Road Cycling Championships, not cooking...lol. :)

I guess some of our fellow DISers will be gnawing on turkey legs at WDW...poor things..;) :)

What do you have planned for turkey time?

BTW - Thanksgiving dinner is also when we draw siblings names for Christmas gift giving. Does anyone else do that?

Kim :)

This will be the first major holiday without a house to go to!

Well my so called brother has one but he thinks that his SO's family is more important! But we won't go there!:rolleyes: She can't cook anyways! First time we went there for Christmas, we starved!LOL

Open to suggestions to where's a good place to eat Thanksgiving Dinner! And no, WDW is not an option!

Scratch
pirate:

I get to work both Saturday and Sunday :rolleyes: so we'll go to the in-law's on Monday for turkey dinner.

DS is coming home from University & we're going over to my parents' house to celebrate all the October birthdays (DS-20, DD-16 & DN - 9)...do you have an October birthday Kim?...we could just add you in there. ;) We've decided to draw names this year for the 1st time so we're planning to do that this weekend as well.

Looks like the weather in Ontario is going to be beautiful this weekend. :Pinkbounc I'm hoping to get the last of my tulip & daffodil bulbs in (the squirrels ate them all this summer :() because I imagine it will be pretty cold by the time we get back from WDW.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend...don't eat to much. ;)

My youngest DS wants roast beef so that is what I will make.My DH is probably working on Monday so it will just be a normal day to us.My sister wants us to visit her in Kingston but I dont know if my DH wants to make that drive for the day.

We have never drawn names for Christmas(sure would be cheaper)But I have already told everyone this year that I am not going shopping for anyone this year and I would appreciate if they do the same.It has just gotten out of hand(besides I need the money for our trip to WDW:hyper:

Bar-b-que! I know, not the traditional turkey, but it will probably be the last one of the season...pumpkin pie for dessert though!;)

The typical Thanksgiving feast here at our house on Sunday (just so I have leftovers to nuke on Monday:smooth: )

We'll have our sons and their partners and my best friend and her 2 boys (our Godsons.):D

Looks like this will be a warm weekend too.......probably our last hurrah for until next year.:(

Happy Thanksgiving to Kim and John and to all the really nice folk here.:wave2: :sunny: :wave2: :sunny:

Ryleigh and I are joining our inlaws to be for a big family function on saturday. I think this is great cuz it still leaves us with a full weekend to do house/ garden work. We are still trying to settle into the new house!

This year because of the lack of days off thanksgiving dinner will just be the 4 of us (DM, DD, DB and me) which means I'm cooking. Were having chicken because I don't like turkey *gasp* crazy I know. It'll probably be a M&M Meats thanksgiving with my lack of cooking knowledge. Any tips?

Originally posted by Scratch42

Open to suggestions to where's a good place to eat Thanksgiving Dinner! And no, WDW is not an option!

Scratch
pirate:

Would WDW be an option if you won the Super 7 on Friday night. $30 million could go a long way at WDW.

If I won the 30 MIL Friday Night, I would take us all to WDW for Thanksgiving!

I guess I better buy a ticket!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

:wave2: :chat:

Scratch
pirate:

Well, if that's the case, Janet, I'd better get my name on this thread! :jester: Good luck everyone. I'll get my hubby to buy our ticket.

Cooking the turkey on Sunday here. DD is coming home from university today. Both of our daughters graduations are Friday night, so this will be a busy weekend.

Had dinner with the inlaws last night, and yes Kim, we drew our names for Christmas!

Scratch
pirate:

So Stratch what time will the the limo be picking me up for our charter flight or are you like me a big loser (not even a free ticket). I heard three were 3 winners.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

We are going for dinner today at a friends house... turkey and all the trimmings... also his mom is a little old polish lady who has homemade perogis, shish-ke-bob, cabbage rolls and borsct (spelling?)

Tomorrow we are going to my sister's house for Chinese LOL :rolleyes:

Monday it will just be Paul and I at home as Noel is going to her Dad's... I am hoping to score some leftovers from somewhere.. if not ~ judging by the weather I think we will BBQ :cool:

This has been the cheapest thanksgiving I can remember, usually I have the dinner for the family. All the kids are getting older now and doing things with the SO's families. Times are a-changing.

Scratch, get your kid some "steakie" lol

>>^..^<<

I just went out and bought a frozen prestuffed turkey today so I guess I am cooking turkey. I was kind of hoping to go to Dh's golf club for Thanksgiving dinner instead. He is currently in Wisconsin, on business, so I hope he gets home in time or he'll be having leftovers!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

Those frozen turkey's with the stuffing are great. I started buying them a couple of years ago. If your family likes stuffing, buy the extra package of stuffing to add.

Have a great day!

I haven't had this much Thanksgiving until we moved down here........
The Hamilton relatives came here for a few days after our wonderful WDW trip (we got back Thursday) and MIL set out to cook a huge Thxgiving dinner with all the fixings!
Our local Publix came through with a nice fresh Turkey, but the canned pumpkin for the pies became a bit of a scavenger hunt!
I had the Grocery Guy, As't Mgr, and Mgr of the store looking all around for the pumpkin. The Mgr asked me why I needed pumpkin so early in the season, and I told him it was because it was Canadian Thanksgiving. He replied, "Ohhhhhh that's why I've been getting so many requests for pumpkin (there must be 2 or 3 of us Canadians down here.....), I didn't even know Canada celebrated Thxgiving........do y'all eat the same things?" To which I just smiled and thanked him for the pumpkin ;)
We now have a load of leftovers and a whole fresh pumpkin pie in the fridge (any takers???)
Now tonight, our neighbour has invited us and her other Canadian friends (they tend to group us together....:) ) for another Thxgiving Meal...........
Will the madness ever end:laughing:

I hope everyone up North has a great Turkey day!

I can't believe I ate the whole thing :eek:

Just back from our second huge dinner.... good thing we have a couple of months to recover before Christmas :p

>>^..^<<

We just got back from a two night camping trip at Pinehurst Lake near Paris. We are going to the in-laws for ham dinner tomorrow (Monday). I think there are 13 of us for dinner. I am in charge of desserts. I am bringing pumpkin pie with whipped cream, apple caramel cheese cake, apple cheese struddle, butter tarts, lemon tarts, raspberry tarts, chocolate brownies and caramel brownies (all from Loblaws) heeheehee. Have a good one! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter