• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving week

chelezookie

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I did a quick search regarding Thanksgiving week, but still had a couple of specific questions. We will have 6 park days with hopper, I originally booked them MK, AK, HS, MK, AK, HS with the intention of hopping to Epcot a couple days in the afternoon. But now I’m wondering if I should change one reservation to Epcot in hopes of rope dropping Ratatouille since it will be open?

Also wanting to try for Topolino’s for breakfast and it’ll make more sense to eat there and head to Epcot and not waste my potential morning at another park right? Right now my Thanksgiving day is at Animal Kingdom because I just assumed Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios would be a hot mess. Will I regret this decision?

Any other pointers for us? We’ve only been Christmas week, so I feel like a noob all over again. :)

We will be down there for about 10 days during Thanksgiving as well. Also have a 6 day tickets non hopper though. We have Mk HS EC AK MK HS with some break days mixed in. We are planning an off day for Thanksgiving and water park for Black Friday at the moment. I would recommend a full day at Epcot but we aren’t really hoppers though.

We’ve been in November before but never during Thanksgiving. Really hoping FP is back in some shape or form by then.

Any suggestions for place to eat dinner on Thanksgiving either at a resort or Disney Springs?

Hi everyone! I did a quick search regarding Thanksgiving week, but still had a couple of specific questions. We will have 6 park days with hopper, I originally booked them MK, AK, HS, MK, AK, HS with the intention of hopping to Epcot a couple days in the afternoon. But now I’m wondering if I should change one reservation to Epcot in hopes of rope dropping Ratatouille since it will be open?

Also wanting to try for Topolino’s for breakfast and it’ll make more sense to eat there and head to Epcot and not waste my potential morning at another park right? Right now my Thanksgiving day is at Animal Kingdom because I just assumed Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios would be a hot mess. Will I regret this decision?

Any other pointers for us? We’ve only been Christmas week, so I feel like a noob all over again. :)
We have almost the identical plans are you do lol. We are Epcot, AK, HS MK,AK,HS with hoppers. We are at BCV so we figured we could always walk over near closing time and jump into the Ratatouille line. Our Thanksgiving is also at AK. Every Thanksgiving (3 times) we have gone park hours have been extended daily. Make sure you book all your sitdown reservations and maybe some extra. Thanksgiving in the past has been wall to wall people. Though Epcot is great because it’s pretty spread out.

We have almost the identical plans are you do lol. We are Epcot, AK, HS MK,AK,HS with hoppers. We are at BCV so we figured we could always walk over near closing time and jump into the Ratatouille line. Our Thanksgiving is also at AK. Every Thanksgiving (3 times) we have gone park hours have been extended daily. Make sure you book all your sitdown reservations and maybe some extra. Thanksgiving in the past has been wall to wall people. Though Epcot is great because it’s pretty spread out.

Thank you for the tips! I hope you guys have a great trip. :)

Are the parks super busy all week or mainly just Thanksgiving and Black Friday? We have plans to go this Thanksgiving week. We last went to WDW the week after New Years 2018 and it seemed really crowded to me. But w school age kids it’s hard to find non crowded times to visit.

Are the parks super busy all week or mainly just Thanksgiving and Black Friday? We have plans to go this Thanksgiving week. We last went to WDW the week after New Years 2018 and it seemed really crowded to me. But w school age kids it’s hard to find non crowded times to visit.
Touring Plans has the overall park level at 10 Monday 11/22 through Wednesday 11/24 with a 9 for Thanksgiving day and Black Friday, so yeah, it looks to be vey busy. We arrive on 11/18 and fly out early on 11/28 with 8 day PH. Hopefully it works out that we can get what we want to do in over those 8 park days with plenty of respite from the crowds.

We are also going at Thanksgiving. We arrive the Fri before spending 9 nights at BWV. We have been many times at this time of year. And yes it gets packed. We have hoppers and plan to spend some mid day time at the BoardWalk. We love to bounce over to Epcot during the evenings. We hope they bring back some form of the FPs. We are not looking forward to hours in line for a couple of rides.

Hopefully the Christmas decorations are up and not delayed as this pandemic has just about everything turned upside down. Not sure what the new normal will be. But I am sure it will be busy...

Yes, it’s always been packed that week. We usually get up really early and go to our morning park till noon . Head back to our resort to swim an relax . Then we walk to Epcot or HS. We expect crowds so we are not too terribly surprised then. To see Epcot jammed packed with people is normal that week. We usually always book sit down meals to ensure we have somewhere to eat without the hassle of huge lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter