Thanksgiving week suggestions

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of visiting Disney on Thanksgiving possibly departing or arriving on Thanksgiving day if the airfare is less. Would there be a difference in crowds before OR after Thanksgiving and how is it without the shows/fireworks ect? We also have park hopper tickets and I read that we can only go to one park a day? Is that still in effect? That may be a waste of those tickets we have (old non expiring). Mainly I was wondering how busy and if they are doing fast passes yet? Thanks!

We are thinking of visiting Disney on Thanksgiving possibly departing or arriving on Thanksgiving day if the airfare is less. Would there be a difference in crowds before OR after Thanksgiving and how is it without the shows/fireworks ect? We also have park hopper tickets and I read that we can only go to one park a day? Is that still in effect? That may be a waste of those tickets we have (old non expiring). Mainly I was wondering how busy and if they are doing fast passes yet? Thanks!

Traditionally, the week AFTER Thanksgiving is less busy, so it will depend on how long you stay after Thanksgiving day. If you're only staying through the weekend, then it doesn't really matter if you go before or after. If you can stay through the next Tues/Wed, then you should see lower crowds by Sun/Mon.

Still no park hopping. Still no FP. Still no nighttime shows/fireworks. They seem to be raising the number of people allowed and the parks are getting more busy than when they first opened in July.

If you go, I would not waste your PH tickets - get new ones.
I was just looking into this: I have been reading old posts that Disney Member services is exchanging park hoppers for an extra day. Is this true?

Last edited:

I was just looking into this: I have been reading old posts that Disney Member services is exchanging park hoppers for an extra day. Is this true?
I have heard that and will try for that myself, if there is park availability

Remeber that you have to make reservations for the park you will be in each day. So be sure to check out park availability before deciding. Last I looked HS is not available the entire week of Thanksgiving. That is through the 28th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter