Thanksgiving Week or 1st into 2nd week Jan

tng123

Mouseketeer
We have it narrowed down to these two weeks, and I am really torn as to which week to do.
Thanksgiving week 2018: if we arrived early enough, we would take advantage of free dining, and we also love the weather there in Nov.
Jan 3-9, 2019: How are the crowds? I know it’s marathon weekend, and are Christmas crowds still around? Is it WAY less crowded than Thanksgiving week?
My husband does not love going during crowded times, but we cannot pull the kids from school for more than a couple days anymore.

Thanksgiving week was crowded, but it's perfectly manageable if you have a good plan and positive attitude. I can't speak for Jan 3-9.

I hate going in party season, so for me it is January, no question. I’ve been that week before and it was great. Decorations are still up.

Did Thanksgiving week for the first time this year and with a thought out plan we did fine. Of course heavy crowds but it was worth it. And great weather.

Thanksgiving week is a lot of fun! You can definitely manage the crowds with a good strategy. You can also see all of the Christmas decorations. The weather was perfect too! We love going at this time of year!!

Jan 3-9, 2019: How are the crowds? I know it’s marathon weekend, and are Christmas crowds still around? Is it WAY less crowded than Thanksgiving week?

Since January 1 falls on a Wednesday in 2019, most schools should remain closed the rest of that week. Which means that the parks will be jammed until (at least) the 5th, when the visitors start returning home.

I wondered about that as well. If we get free dining, I can deal with crowds. But my husband would rather pay more for less crowds. I didn’t know if the crowd difference a would be significant or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter